Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    edited June 2015
    great , but just tell us, if it takes a week , two weeks , month or two ? and i'm just talking about the trailer of the game and announcement , not game itself
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Cerevant said:

* Top notch testers, who focus at a level of detail that makes @AlexT and @Cuv want to pull their hair out...check

I'm just speaking for myself here...but you could probably add @Ardanis to that list as well :)
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    so july , all right then :)
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    Can't wait either. I hope I can start BG2EE with Dorn in my party after that.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Kennis said:

Can't wait either. I hope I can start BG2EE with Dorn in my party after that.

..Sorry to pick you to quote, I know others are talking about that too..

But this kind of comment baffles me. Isn't one of the goals of BG:Y to explain how you ended up with
    Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc and Dynaheir, even if you are evil and what not?

Also, they haven't said anything about being allowed to actually change anything of the original BG:2,
    so why are people still thinking they would? oO
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited June 2015
    @Arcanis I took this post as a possible hint that something like that might be in the works:

Adul said:

The evil alternative canon party idea sounds fun. Maybe Dorn and Viconia instead of Minsc and Jaheira. Imoen doesn't seem like she's replacable without breaking the BG2 plot, though.

Last i seen this, there are more than 2 combos, not just a simple evil alternative.
    Of course, I might be mistaken, and Avenger might have only talked strictly about party composition in Adventure Y. After all, changing the BG2 starting party sure sounds tricky and difficult to implement, especially from a storytelling point of view.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    I have a theory on how they made it where you can choose who goes to Irenicus dungeon with you. I think they built a couple of what if mods of Irenicus's Dungeon in Adventure Y's game which might take you straight BG2EE after. Remember how when you first got Throne of Bhaal expansion and played Shadows of Amn to end and it brought you straight to Throne of Bhaal after the credits. I think Adventure Y will work the same way.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    But then they would have to expand bg2ee with npc dialogue and quests which is not likely.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    lroumen said:

But then they would have to expand bg2ee with npc dialogue and quests which is not likely.

I believe they are contractually not allowed to do this.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    But, what if they made Irenicus' dungeon part of Adventure Y and had it be optional in BGII. That would solve all the continuity problems. i think that's what @Vasculio is saying?
    edited June 2015
    procco said:

But, what if they made Irenicus' dungeon part of Adventure Y and had it be optional in BGII. That would solve all the continuity problems. i think that's what @Vasculio is saying?

Thats what i meant... the what ifs' are built into Adventure Y, not BG2EE

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Vasculio said:

Cutting content from BG2 is still "changing" npc dialogue (even if it is made optional), something I don't think they are allowed to do.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    deltago said:

lroumen said:

I believe they are contractually not allowed to do this.
    you understand implicitly

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Well, who's to say the contractual situation hasn't been altered since we've last heard of it? "You're not allowed to change things" might become "okay, you can change some things now" if you've proven yourself as someone who can change things for the better.
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Adul said:

Well, who's to say the contractual situation hasn't been altered since we've last heard of it? "You're not allowed to change things" might become "okay, you can change some things now" if you've proven yourself as someone who can change things for the better.

I don't really think this happened. It is not something you change in a moment, they alreay went through a lot in order to have an agreement that would let them realise BG:EE.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CendarCendar Member Posts: 27
    I'm not sure what sort of insight you guys may have into any legal agreements that Beamdog has with the rights holders to the games, but clearly they have already made a TON of additions to both games, including adding new characters, new items, new areas, new dialogue to old characters and much more. Personally it doesn't seem like there is a ton that they can't do at this point, because they have already done it. I don't think there is anything holding them back and I totally agree that making Irenicus' dungeon a part of Adventure Y would be an easy way to alter your starting party's configuration there.

I hope that they add a couple of the original Baldur's gate NPCs to BG2EE like Branwen, or Kivan or Xan. It would be cool to have more party continuity if you want it, or at least explain why they didn't follow the main character around after the battle with Sarevok...

Also I think it would make more sense to be able to pick who shows up with you in that dungeon for storyline continuity. I don't always have a party that is Jaheira/Khalid/Dyneheir/Minsc. I usually get one of the pairs but leave some space for some of the other cool NPCs. It was always a little weird that I always had to start with a party config that didn't match what I had before. I hope they make this possible.
    cmk24 said:

Vasculio said:

Cutting content from BG2 is still "changing" npc dialogue (even if it is made optional), something I don't think they are allowed to do.
    True... but its under a different IP. -----> Aventure Y or whatever name its going to be called later. So having a modified Irenicus Dungeons doesn't breach contract of BG2EE. Because if you were to play BG2EE without Aventure Y... you would still start out with Imoen, Minsc and Jaheira, with Khalid and Dynaheir missing. But explained

Having BG1&2EE content in Adventure Y with custom Irenicus Dungeons is allowed. Because they acquired the rights to do so... its the exploit that was allowed under THAT IP. They just can't do that in the main BG2EE itself.

I'm not saying im right... but come on! Seriously... this gimmick would draw more people into playing BG2EE and possibly more BG2EE sells.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Vasculio said:

cmk24 said:

Vasculio said:

True... but its under a different IP. -----> Aventure Y or whatever name its going to be called later. So having a modified Irenicus Dungeons doesn't breach contract of BG2EE. Because if you were to play BG2EE without Aventure Y... you would still start out with Imoen, Minsc and Jaheira, with Khalid and Dynaheir missing. But explained

Having BG1&2EE content in Adventure Y with custom Irenicus Dungeons is allowed. Because they acquired the rights to do so... its the exploit that was allowed under THAT IP. They just can't do that in the main BG2EE itself.

I'm not saying im right... but come on! Seriously... this gimmick would draw more people into playing BG2EE and possibly more BG2EE sells.
    I agree that they would be able to do this with Adventure Y, but they would not be able to make the first part of BG2:EE optional. To me, having to play Irenicus Dungeon two times in a row (when playing all 3 games back to back) would be more jarring then explaining how you end up with the canon party by the end of Adventure Y.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited June 2015
    https://mobile.twitter.com/TrentOster/status/610093156751650816

Is something going to be revealed ( or even released ) within the end of the next week?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Luke93 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrentOster/status/610093156751650816

Is something going to be revealed ( or even released ) within the end of the next week?

By the looks of @PhillipDaigle's post above, it will be next month.

wojtek said:

great , but just tell us, if it takes a week , two weeks , month or two ? and i'm just talking about the trailer of the game and announcement , not game itself

I think you'll have something to talk about next month some time.

• ZarugalZarugal Member Posts: 51
    I guess what we do know is that it's coming soon, very soon.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Zarugal said:

I guess what we do know is that it's coming soon, very soon.

That's what they always say, though.
  • ZarugalZarugal Member Posts: 51
    With Oster saying that they're waiting for E3 to have happened and subsequently calmed down (two or three weeks), and Daigle giving us next month as a notable time period, I'd say that something interesting is most definitely not that far away.