Skip to content

Cats....or dogs

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    We need more love for dogs!

• TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Dogs are friends, cats see an automated feeder that sometimes needs fixing when they look at you.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    TheElf said:

Dogs are friends, cats see an automated feeder that sometimes needs fixing when they look at you.

This... Is true.

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Dogs, cats are spiteful little balls of hate.

That said, kittens > puppies
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I grew up with dogs but now i only have cats.My cats act like dogs though, one of them likes to follow people round the house and sit next to people. He also plays fetch

Does that count as cat or dog?
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    wubble said:

I grew up with dogs but now i only have cats.My cats act like dogs though, one of them likes to follow people round the house and sit next to people. He also plays fetch

Does that count as cat or dog?

He certainly deserves an A for effort at least! :)

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    More about dogs than cats, as my dad is allergic to cat hair. BUT...ferrets FTW!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I don't own either but I'm going to have to go with dogs :)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    you necromancers are closing the gap!
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited November 2014
    I've owned both.
    Dogs are superior, cats are still nice though.
    Dogs are like your bestest friend were as cats are just people that sit around in your house eating your food
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    What happens if a cat and a dog become united (plus some magic)?

bengoshi said:

What happens if a cat and a dog become united (plus some magic)?

Catdog. It was a cartoon on Nickelodeon long ago.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    deltago said:

Cats are more independent, less needy and leave dead animals on your door step. What's not to like?

I like your profile pic, really.
    And I call for dogs.
    edited November 2014
    kaguana said:

No foolin'?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    I agree with @booinyoureyes that small dogs are better. I don't have dogs for protection or herding cattle, I have dogs to be companions. Cats could do the same thing, but I have this need for off-limits areas and personal space sometimes. It's not easy to stop a cat from climbing the furniture, reaching things a little dog would never get to; and I find that cats are very fickle about affection (claw you unexpectedly if they're not feeling friendly, and get up in your grill at inconvenient moments).

I'm not saying I don't like cats, just that they aren't my first choice. Honestly the next time I move I probably won't have any pets for a while (combination of budget concerns and less responsibility). I wouldn't mind getting another dog if I *knew* that dog was going to be as chill and affectionate as an old cocker spaniel named Monty I used to have, but I'm not going to go looking.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Dogs, dogs and always dogs, because I had both several dogs and cats as pets in my life, but only the cats left scars on my skin :T

Also, cats won't let me pet them and what's the point of a pet if you can't pet it :T
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    Cats.
    I am a cat person, but I generally like dogs too. Two factors made me decide to vote for cats though.

1) when I was a kid, must have been 12-13 or so, I watched Antarctica (1983). Check it out on imdb. I remember crying like a baby at the end. Not a good movie for dog lovers.
    2) I hate my uncle Vic's little dog. Whenever he comes over, the little critter takes no time to jump onto my leather couch and I can't stomach that. If I could, I would shove the thing out of the window, but my uncle lives for that dog. To be fair, I believe the dog hates me too.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

I have two black cats named Dabu and ZugZug. :)

@Amber_Scott I take it you like orcs?