Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Come share your odd gaming habits! What do you refuse to do in BG? What wierd ideas do you love?

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,162
It seems like a lot of people like to make their games more "realistic" or more "awesome!" by creating their own rules or play-styles. Many people refuse to use certain tactics, or like to adopt some odd, unorthodox techniques for roleplaying reasons. Many others like to sacrifice POWER! for STYLE . Other times people do things or refuse to do things because it would be out of character (like refuse to case Animate Dead with cute little Aerie like @Dragonspear ). Others, like @belgarathmth don't enjoy using bags of holding or switching/carrying copious amounts of items because they think it breaks immersion.

So I thought I'd start a thread where everyone can share their oddities! A chance to share your ideas and eccentricities.

Okay, I'll start.

I never backstab with quarterstaves, because I think sneaking around then poking someone looks lame!

Who's next?

Post edited by booinyoureyes on
nanoJairyannajackjackTethorilofLathanderBelgarathMTHQuartzNonnahswriterJuliusBorisovChildofBhaal599AntonAristilliusWandering_MinstrelCrevsDaaksemiticgodGemHoundGrumthespaceButtercheeseSmilingSwordgorgonzola

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,162
    oooh, that's a good one. How about if the bottle is stored in their belt? I guess dual wielders would have trouble, and in the middle of battle its tough. Maybe have them back out for a second then drink, then back to the fray?

BelgarathMTHQuartzJuliusBorisov
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,825
    @booinyoureyes

I have other backup weapons of course. Spears, Axes etc, but i consider those to be their main weapons

booinyoureyes
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 171
    @booinyoureyes lmao, if I was a druid, I definitly wouldn't wander into battle with wooden weapons that weren't enchanted :P I'm not saying I don't agree with you, they SHOULD be able to use metal, since it's from the earth and everything, but I think the 2ed rules state that Druids can't wear metal armor, and that's where I get that from

booinyoureyes
    I know, and I see exactly where you are coming from, but I just think the official rulebook is totally wrong :)

StoneSwordsBelgarathMTHmeagloth
    Oh well, there are enough enchanted staves, clubs, and leather armor throughout the game that makes it not too bad of a hindrance, so it works for me :)

actually, I think in PnP, Druids use scythes, not scimitars, but since scythes aren't a weapon class in game, they went for scimitars instead. I could be wrong, it's been a long time since i even looked at 2ed rules

booinyoureyesButtercheeserorikon
  • DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    I really have no problems cheesing, although I know so few of the tactics. I don't look them up, but if I find something I will likely use it. I really don't know any good way to like block enemies and stuff, so I don't. Im bad at maxing the spells so I cant do any cool breaking combos.

I do however not let thieves backstab with a staff. I find it *weird* and does not fullfill my fantasy about a thief :p. I prefer not to let my team die tho.

booinyoureyessemiticgod
    Imoen is the only undroppable character for me too

Gawdzillatbone1
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Yeah, stoneskin seems more appropriate for a druid.

I feel like you should be able to backstab with any weapon, it's sneaking around with a quarterstaff that's hard

DragonspearStoneSwordsstyggaJuliusBorisov
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,825
    Especially in early BG1/BGEE

I go around the Friendly Arm Inn and Beregost and pick up all the quests for each and complete them before I head down to Nashkel (well as much as I can). As at @Shandyr said, I normally don't want them left waiting. The extra XP is just a bonus.

[Deleted User]BelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovdok0zhivago