Skip to content

#ConfessionsofaBhaalspawn

Comments

• SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    @booinyoureyes, @BelgarathMTH I really don't see why rogue would be a wasted class. I have sometimes run two rogues in a party, one to focus on traps and locks and the other to do all the scouting and backstabbing. Not to mention that traps are so stupidly strong that they make any rogue a viable party member all by themselves. Also detect illusions is a constant free true sight. So yeah, rogues are really really strong.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    edited March 2016
    GemHound said:
    Confession: I really hate Clara. Like really. 
    Did you know that "Clara" isn't actually the true NPC?

Confession: I have only helped the vampires once, partly because I feel they're a little too obvious.

Even though from a "good" standpoint it makes perfect sense to help the vampires at first. You'll eliminate them later in the game anyway.

Confession: I have only ever done the Thief stronghold once. I also have yet to play a pure thief.

Confession: I make sure to get my Charname every stronghold that I feel is appropriate for his character. Back in the day, my fighter/mage had both the Ranger and Mage strongholds, because in my head he was a ranger/mage. An evil cleric/thief I played had both Talos' temple and the thief stronghold. My upcoming paladin will be busy: I intend to give him a cleric stronghold, the paladin stronghold, the fighter stronghold, probably the ranger stronghold...
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    @Sjerrie  I am fully aware of it though Clara is so bad that I don't even want to pick her up to get Hexxat.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    GemHound said:
    @Sjerrie  I am fully aware of it though Clara is so bad that I don't even want to pick her up to get Hexxat.
    Compared to Hexaxat, Clara is brimming with personality. So you're not missing much NPC wise.

However, you are missing several fun dungeon runs...
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    Confession: I don't give a monkey's bum about Minsc's infamous new line. I've already stated I don't like him, so this doesn't affect me one way or the other. Just keep the big palooka away from me and there'll be no trouble.

Confession: I want to play an evil character without the game punishing me for it every step of the way. The lack of evil characters available to my characters disturbs me.
    Confession: I held off on finishing my BG1EE playthrough to go smoothly into SoD.

Confession: That playthrough was an evil one (well, asshole-evil, anyway...) and that's something I'm not used to. Since I put that playthrough on hold, I kinda forgot how to be evil/asshole.

Confession: Getting Dorn (my "romance") in my SoD party might help. Can't find him as of yet.

Confession: Throughout the series, I have yet to encounter a gnome NPC that is not annoying. Does that make me racist? :open_mouth:
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Confession - I like monks, but I find Rasaad dull. (Especially, my evil Dark Moon Monk finds him a whining
    pussy)

Confession - since BGTutu I can't play BG2 without importing a final save from BG1 with a character who got all the tomes and stuff. Therefore I played BG1 much more than BG2 even though I like BG2 more.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Southpaw said:

Confession - I like monks, but I find Rasaad dull. (Especially, my evil Dark Moon Monk finds him a whining
    pussy)

Rasad :(

I actually love Rasaad, and was very disappointed he was the sacrificial lamb unable to join my party in Siege of Dragonspear.

Southpaw said:

pussy)

I actually love Rasaad, and was very disappointed he was the sacrificial lamb unable to join my party in Siege of Dragonspear.
    There will be other playthroughs...
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666

Sjerrie said:

Southpaw said:

pussy)

There will be other playthroughs...
    Well, I didn't think he was recruitable because he told me he was busy... but apparently, as I just found out, you can get him later, which made me very happy!
    thats my one main issue so far. some npcs from bg1ee are not recruit able until chapter 9. meaning you will have to go two chapters with out your actual party from bg1ee.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320

Confession : I don't think i'm ever gonna use the david warner sound set. having two jons would just distract me.

IWD though...
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    illathid said:

Confession : I don't think i'm ever gonna use the david warner sound set. having two jons would just distract me.

IWD though...
    confession: i don't own iwd.

... There's a David Warner soundset?!?
    Confession: I had read that archers were supposed to be quite deadly, but after seeing Corwin at work, even those words don't do them justice.
  • NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
    I always thought that the writing in Enchaned Editions was inferior to that of the original games, but replaying BG:EE, I have to confess that some of the snarky lines Charname can say to Rasaad during his quest are downright hilarious.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited May 2016
    I'm probably racist in the forgotten realms. I've only ever played humans, and rarely one or two elves here and there. ~40 playthroughs