Skip to content

#ConfessionsofaBhaalspawn

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MarkyMarky Member Posts: 7
    Confession: I've never finished Durlags tower or the rest of ToSC.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Confession: I have never romanced an npc with the same gender as my Charname. Hexxat will star in one of my next palythroughs though...

Semi-off-topic question: Are there any good (and believable) gay/bi mod-npcs that don't have "special circumstances" like vampirism?
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    repost #ConfessionsofaBhaalspawn: Aerie is the only BG2 romance I think I ever saw through to the end, for reasons that escape me to this day.
    addendum #ConfessionsofaBhaalspawn: I also ascended that playthrough. I suppose that makes my alignment "Awful Good," emphasis on the former.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Sjerrie said:

Confession: I have never romanced an npc with the same gender as my Charname. Hexxat will star in one of my next palythroughs though...

Semi-off-topic question: Are there any good (and believable) gay/bi mod-npcs that don't have "special circumstances" like vampirism?

@Sjerrie‌ , yes.

http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/faren
    http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/arath

Faren is fully voice-acted, and has appropriate romance dialogues for either males or females. I've only played the M/M romance, and I thought it was very well done, including conversations about what it feels like to be in a minority orientation, and the awkwardness and risk of trying to find out in the beginning if the other person is interested in same sex romances. He's also a really strong fighter-thief.

Arath unfortunately has no voice set, which is a deal breaker for me, so I haven't played him. @SapphireIce101‌ told me it was very well written, though.
  • BlastbackBlastback Member Posts: 54
    Confession, I have never finished either game as anything besides a Beserker.

Confession: I have never played the Jahira Romance.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    @Sjerrie‌ - To answer your question. Yes. There are some good gay/bi mod NPCs out there.

@BelgarathMTH listed two males. I've tried Faren, but for some reason I could never get his romance to trigger. As for Arath, he was made and written by the lovely, and awesome @LiamEsler‌. Arath has easily taken one of the top five spots in my list of romancible NPCs.

I'm going to list some lesbians/female bisexuals, that aren't Chloe.

http://gibberlings3.net/sarah/
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1042-isra/
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1038-dace/
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/category/117-valerie/

I can't say that they're good, because I haven't tried any of them out yet, but my guess is that they can't be any worse than Saerileth, or Chloe.

That being said.

Confession: Like @Sjerrie, I've never completed BG while Charname is in a lesbian/gay relationship.

Confession: I believe I will need to rectify this really soon. Perhaps with Hexxat, or maybe Arath.
  • TyranusTyranus Member Posts: 268
    Confession: I have never (and WILL NEVER) let Haer'Dalis and Aerie be together

Confession: I have never completed Keldorns personal quest. If the Order of the Sacred Fist wanted you to have a wife, they'de have issued you one. Paladins don't get to be happy.

Confession: I have never played Dark Side of the Sword Coast or Big World. I just didn't trust them to not be buggy and awful.
    Thanks @BelgarathMTH and @SapphireIce101, I will check those out.

Confession: I only found out after a fair number of playthroughs that Haer'Dalis and Aerie could have a fling...
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @SapphireIce101‌ Awww <3

And to actually add to the thread...

Confession: I've played and tested the game so much, it's often hard to see anything but problems. Especially with the new stuff! I can't wait to have time to work on more patches later down the track.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited August 2014
    @LiamEsler, Confession: If that's your real picture, then woof! LOL. I don't know if you'll be flattered or grossed out that a gay guy finds your pic exactly his type, but oh well. Now I understand Hexxat much better without ever having played with her. Bill, Eric, Tara, Pam, Jessica, Lestat, Giselle, Louis, etc. :D

P.S. - I've finished ToB the one time I ever completed it with Faren as my lover. I turned down ascension, mostly because I was so in love I couldn't bear to be without him at that point. He had a great epilogue with me, although I don't remember it now. Hey! There's an incentive for me to replay at some point and relive my romance with that sexy guy! ;)
    @BelgarathMTH‌ - I think @LiamEsler is gay too, and to be honest, I think he looks kind of cute. I miss the hood though. D:

@LiamEsler‌ - <3 I'm honored to call you my friend.

Confession: I really need to do Hexxat's romance.

Confession: I need to brainstorm some other NPC's banters for my NPC mod with my writer.
  • jscohenjscohen Member Posts: 117
    Confession: I'm so used to sorting joinable characters by alignment that I find myself trying to do it to characters who were never intended to be thought of in that manner (Conan, Rico Rodriguez, Jace Beleren . . .)

Confession: I've played all of Weimer's mods, but the only one I actually finished the game with was Valen.

- Sub-confession to previous: I laughed out loud when I got to the Underdark, where you encounter

four vampire hunters named Buffy, Faith, Kendra, and Van Helsing.
    @LiamEsler‌ - Aww, so cute, and totally understandable!

Confession: I need to stop playing other games and get some work done on Adamanta, but nopenopenopenope, apparently.
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    Confession: I have never entered Watcher's Keep (ever)
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    edited August 2014
    Confession: I didn't get the pun in the Sigil Troupe's play 'Comedy of Terrors' until I got EE recently. This from one who had to study lots of theater.
    Post edited by Dazzu on
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745

Anduin said:

I spent possibly a 100 hours installing mods for a mega-mod (apart from the xp mod of course) BGT installations... (For those with 1000 in lore this will make sense... Leonardo Watson... You are my hero...) I never completed it... Bugs and frustration always laid me low

This has happened to me in the most frustrating annoying way!

So I look up all the good mods. I read about them and pick and choose my favorite with great care. I find safe sites to download them. I organize them into neat folders. I download a Big Picture pdf guide on how to install them, and in what order. I follow it meticulously and install the game. I roll for about a half hour to get the perfect character to play the game. Finally I am done and ready to begin my journey.

I start the game.

Irenicus doesn't show up!

gggggggggaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
    I feel your pain.

I once had Imoen walk up to me and then chunk to pieces. FOR NO REASON outside Candlekeep...

Same thing happened to Xzar and Montaron, and I realised I'd messed too much with some hp mod...

Oh well... Start again...
    Confession: I am now fairly certain my next playthrough will contain Hexxat's romance. Ok probably. Mmmaybe. It'll take some prep-time, not the least of which is a custom soundset I've wanted to make since the EE came out.

Confession: I'd kinda like the option for my Charname to become a Harper. Or have at least more quests with them. Preferably the REAL Harpers, but it would also be interesting to actually be able to join Galvarey's side.

#harpsohard
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Sergio if the shoe alignment fits...