Skip to content

#ConfessionsofaBhaalspawn

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

Confession: Related to the above, when I read I could get take a good guy friendly option using a mod, I did, and on one occasion exploited the reload potential of the game by creating a save fittingly titled "Kiss My Pixellated *** Gaelan" and amused myself for hours by going into his house, killing him easily and repeating.

No 'Coo!' for you!
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    Gaelan Bayle - cockney? Eh?!

It's Aussie, not cockney.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Jace said:

Confession: I have killed Cespenar with Time Stop - Shapechange: Mind Flayer before heading to the grand finale.

At last! A way to kill that irritating little imp for good. I'll be sure to try this next time I play ToB.

• Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    Confession: I am really pissed that I have an Android phone, as all the cool games I get to play that my laptop can't (total crap) like BG:EE and Star Wars: KOTOR, don't allow mod installation on mobile versions of the game.

Confession: I haven't gotten to play a modded game since Morrowind, and the children for the cities made Balmoral virtually unplayable (crappy laptop is crappy).

Confession: After hearing so much about BGI, I am really disappointed with the lack of banter. I spend 98% of my game listening to swords swinging and characters complaining, but rarely any "You know, that squirrel is eyeing me funny" kind of dialogues. If I didn't need to gather my party before leaving an area, I wouldn't know people were missing.

Confession: I am saddened that I haven't seen many good lances/spears/halberds yet as I always love those kinds of weapons. And they're always overlooked in gaming. :(

Confession: I finally got my party to Cloakwood for the Bandit King, realized I'd have to clear the area to find him and promptly lost almost all interest in the game. This is what, Chapter 3? 4? I've been all over just exploring and questing and burned myself out here.

Confession: Noober was more annoying than funny. Yes, you ask dumb questions, great, but interrupting me repeatedly when I'm trying to leave town? Nope. You die today, Noober. And no one shall mourn your passing.

Confession: I'm fairly sure I bombed Imoen's dual classing as I can't go from mage back to thief, and the only other Good(ish?) thief isnt until Baldur's Gate itself. Balls.

Confession: I love Jennifer Hale (FemShep FOREVER!!). I do. But after an hour, I killed Dynaheir off for being both incredibly boring and making me cringe every time she'd use 'thee' and 'thy' wrong. :|

Confession: I want to drop my Good party for a Lawful Evil one, but I like Rasaad and don't really want the story to drag so much again...
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Confession: Crtl + T when a battle is won and I don't have the time for effects to wear off.

@semiticgod I do that as well all the time.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Confession: The only time I did the maze level in Watchers Keep without a walkthrough was on my first playthrough with ToB installed.

Confession: I only found out the EE versions have bindable hotkeys this morning.

Confession: On my current playthrough, everybody started with boots of speed. First time I've done this, but from now on it's going to be the standard.

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Brerrabbit:

Play a CN character.
    Have a party made out of EE NPCs.
    Raasad, Neera, Dorn and Baeloth. Add in an extra healing for necessity.

The EE NPCs have some actual dialogue, owing to their quests. The quests are spaced out and they talk some more based on time. Dorn as a little bit of banter he initiates. It isn't much but for us IoS-users, it is the closest we can get to a fleshed out BG1.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Confession: I did romance in BG2 only once in my life, on my first playthrough, with Aerie and I screwed it up. When women say they want to have sex with you, THEY LIE! Lesson learned.

Confession: Since my first playthrough of BG2 and ToB, I have never played with a party. Once you go solo you aren't coming back.

Confession: I really don't like Minsc. He's a bad excuse for a Fighter, being a Ranger and only limited to specialization, and his stats are bad too. His lines are mostly idiotic and the whole Boo schtick is inane.

Confession: I think Inquisitors are overrated. They basically give up almost all their Paladin extras just to be able to cast that Dispel Magic... and ANY Paladin can simply pick up the Carsomyr and achieve largely identical effect.

Confession: I actually have no idea how to fight mages. I don't know which spells pierce what spells and the order in which you should cast them. I kill mages by hitting them with enough stuff that they simply run out of Stoneskins(Thief's Detect Illusion takes care of Mirror Image).
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

Confession: I did romance in BG2 only once in my life, on my first playthrough, with Aerie and I screwed it up. When women say they want to have sex with you, THEY LIE! Lesson learned.

Confession: Every time I see someone complain about Aerie's SoA romance ending, this meme pops into my head:

(Not only that, but end it happily the first time? Without any help?)
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Confession: I never been anything but humans with dark skin, brown or dark golden.

Confessions: despite my obvious racism towards elves in general. I can always respect an individual over its race.

Confessions: I'd rather play a caster a thousand times before playing a warrior archetype or dual/multiclass one in any game!

Confession: I played the original BG 1-2 but never got far due to multiple reason surging from computer breaking to having to give the game back to my friend.

Confession:I want to punch people who try to claim xyz rpg isn't a rpg because it doesn't follow a similar formula as Baldur Gate or games similar to Baldur Gate.

Confession: I try to make Viconia and Neera fight for my love XP

Confession: despite the fact I'm looking at divine casters for my next play through, I'm more the likely going to pick the Sorcerer or general mage again.

Confession: I never been anything but humans with dark skin, brown or dark golden.

Lol, I'm the complete opposite. I only play elves or half-elves when I want to romance Viconia. The half-elves I generally RP as self hating, they secretly curse their mother or father for tainting their pristine elven line with the refuse that is humanity. When learning of the nature of their true Father, they start cursing their grand parents instead.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Confession: I have not yet killed Karoug without cheating. Having issues with him right *now* and am close to giving up again.
  • DragonOfShadesDragonOfShades Member Posts: 56
    Confession: I try to get every party member quest which means the party constantly changing until I go to Spellhold.
    Sjerrie said:

Confession: I have not yet killed Karoug without cheating. Having issues with him right *now* and am close to giving up again.

Hold Person might work.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    edited August 2015

Sjerrie said:

Hold Person might work.
    @DragonOfShades The trouble is not so much me staying alive, it's more about me not dishing out enough damage to get past his crazy regeneration rate. ;) But that's for another topic.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Confession:

I have never had a druid or bard Charname. They are the only strongholds I have never done.

I have tried to make a bard Charname, but can't get one past third level. The class just doesn't speak to me.

I have tried to make a druid, but my standards on what acceptable stats are, are so high, then I can never seem to make one.

I can't make a Charname without perfect stats...I just can't...
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I've done so much powergaming and file-reading that I know many of the opcodes by number:
    0, 1, 3, 5 12, 13, 16, 20, 25, 42, 45, 55, 58, 62, 98, 101, 109, 175, 185, 188, 189, 190, 218, 241
    AC, APR, berserk, charm, damage, vorpal strikes, haste, invisibility, poison, wizard spell slots, stun, slay, dispel magic, priest spell slots, regeneration, immunity to opcode, hold I, hold II, hold III, improved alacrity, casting speed modifier, attack speed modifier, level drain, control critter... and there are probably more I can't think of right now.
    Confession: On my latest run I have installed the trap and lock removing mod in BG2tweaks and I don't feel bad about it at all. Honestly I'm sick of having to detect traps, I know where they all are, so waiting for the detection to go off so they can be disarmed is just annoying.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

Confession: On my latest run I have installed the trap and lock removing mod in BG2tweaks and I don't feel bad about it at all. Honestly I'm sick of having to detect traps, I know where they all are, so waiting for the detection to go off so they can be disarmed is just annoying.

Confession: I have considered this so many time, but then always worry that I won't need a thief at all.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @booinyoureyes , I also tried activating that Tweak once. It took a large percentage of fun out of the game, as I quickly realized that it made the entire rogue class a wasted class, especially when I also turned on "automatically identify items", which took away one of the best things about bards.

I've never been tempted to activate either of those components of Tweaks again. It changes the game radically, to a three-class system instead of a four-class system. I'll take the four-class system, thank you.