Skip to content

#ConfessionsofaBhaalspawn

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    jackjack said:

Confession: I sell every pair of Boots of Speed, (Paws of the Cheetah?), I can get my hands on.

In my last BG2:EE playthrough I did the same, but I kept the Grandmaster Armor+6, the other types of boots are much better unless you are playing solo & ranged.
  • ApocryphaApocrypha Member Posts: 105
    Confession: I uninstalled BGEE and went back to plain ol' Baldur's Gate Tutu, because none of the features in EE impressed me, neither did the new characters, and it didn't have some of my favorite mods.

Confession: I wish I could swap out Imoen's single line "my blade will cut ya down to size!" because for me, she's always an archer.

Confession: I always wait to do ToTSC until after escaping Candlekeep in Chapter 5. This is because it seems likely the party would want to lay low for a while until they can break into Baldur's Gate for Sarevok's crowning, and what better place to do so than a small town nobody's heard of/Durlag's Tower of Death and Despair?

Addendum Confession: This usually means I skip Werewolf Island, because that requires going into Baldur's Gate anyway.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    edited May 2014
    iuventas said:

Confession: There was a time when I didn't know that beholder was not only type of a monster, but also an actual English word. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" made me believe that English speaking world is rather fond of fantasy (also, WHAT. Why would you let it judge standards of human beauty? Why beholders, of all creatures?!).

I am not alone..! :) I still think of the monsters every time I hear that phrase...
    Confession: in BG1EE, sometimes when I drop a party member temporarily to ferry another to the FAI, I forget where I left them...

(Right now I can't remember where I left Viconia, because I haven't played in a few days...)
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    @Sjerrie‌ - Precisely, which Hexxat does not sparkle. However, when she enters sunlight without the Cloak of Dragomir on, she does start to burn. Rather like Angel or Spike in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series, or Angel series.

Confession: . . . Is it bad that I can think of more things to compare Hexxat too than that steaming piece of crap book that has sparkly vampires in it?

Confession: Sometimes when I play my half-elven Cleric/Mage, I head-canon the cleric part into Feywarden of Corellon.

/confessionrantoffagainhopefully
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Confession: I absolutely hate it when someone compares Hexxat, or any vampire for that matter, to vampires from the book series, Twilight. I mean, seriously, there are other vampire books out there. Like, you know, Dracula by Bram Stoker.

Only because Dracula is probably the best book about Vampires ever written while Twilight is dishonor to the genre, and I am being generous with by saying that.

@Sjerrie‌ - Precisely, which Hexxat does not sparkle. However, when she enters sunlight without the Cloak of Dragomir on, she does start to burn. Rather like Angel or Spike in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series, or Angel series.

AD&D Vampires burn with the sun, while Dracula, in the book,
    never gets exposed to the sun, nor Lucy does either and Mina does not completely turns into a Vampire.

According to both real life lore (eastern Europe countries and all of the tales, myths and the liking in which Dracula and D&D Vampires are based) and AD&D, there are several types of vampirism. Some of them being more vulnerable to loosing their energetic-negativity while standing in the sun than others.
  • jscohenjscohen Member Posts: 117

Confession: . . . Is it bad that I can think of more things to compare Hexxat too than that steaming piece of crap book that has sparkly vampires in it?

Surely that would be a good thing?

Just like if somebody says "political fantasy" and you can think of more things than Game of Thrones. It shows that you've actually done real reading in the genre, and not just followed the trend of the month.
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290

Confession: I've only ever completed the BG games with a Conjurer wizard. Never completed either game with another class. Wizards just too much fun.

Seconded. And whatever comes after that.

Confession: I think Jaheira is useless. No offense to anyone who likes Jaheira.
    Confession: if I had to apply the term "saucy minx" to a BG character, it'd be Jaheira.

Confession: I still think she moved on from Khalid a little quickly.
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    Apocrypha said:

Confession: While playing, I often find myself talking to the characters, usually yelling at them if they keep failing to hit/failing to detect traps/failing in general.

In Black Pits 1, I actually had nicknames for my characters.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Confession: I don't have time to experience the new contents so far, but like the possibility to play in the future.