Skip to content

#ConfessionsofaBhaalspawn

Comments

• ApocryphaApocrypha Member Posts: 105
    @iuventas: Nope, you aren't. It's got a fair amount of fans, thanks to Aeryn's magnificent writing.

@Sjerrie: Plaaaaaaay it. It's really very good.

Confession: I consider the file with the Sarevok romance my canon.

Confession: My best wild surge opened a Gate in the middle of the fight with Irenicus (in Suldunasser). My party had Protection From Evil active. He did not. What ensued was very satisfying.

Confession: I modded my game to let mages use crossbows, just so they could do something useful in early levels when they had like three spells.
  • iuventasiuventas Member Posts: 95
    @Apocrypha‌, I know that, but on this forum I felt like the crazy one who flails around about Sarevok, haha. Come on, play it, plaaaay it, Aeryn is the best and so on.

Confession: My certainly funniest (and probably most annoying) surge mass casted Heal during final battle of BG1, including a near death Sarevok and one of his helpers.
    Swear -> laugh -> swear some more.
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Confession: I wish I could wipe my memory somehow and forget most, if not all BG-related stuff. Playing a game you know so well is really nice, especially after a longer break I can't remember exactly everything, but it's like re-reading a favourite book, one things remind about the rest and about halfway through it starts to feel redundant. This is why I appreciate even the tiniest bit of new EE content.
  • ApocryphaApocrypha Member Posts: 105
    Confession: I have an odd distaste for any weapon that doesn't have a proper name. And by proper name, I mean something like "Crom Faeyr", "Blackrazor", "Firetooth", etc. Those sound imposing, worthy of an epic-level adventuring band. Names like "Flail of the Ages", "Spear of Withering", and "Mana Bow" are not proper names and sound like something a newbie slapped on to sound scary.

Confession: This doesn't stop me from using said weapons.
  • dinobirdguydinobirdguy Member Posts: 14
    Confession: Neither Xzar nor Montaron have ever survived in my party for more than three game-days. Nor have they survived to leave my party.

Confession: Three game-days may be an overestimate.
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Confession: Level drain+high-level spellcaster is this one special thing which made me abandon the game for a longer while several times (and counting).
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Confession: In the Killed Hexxat. What's Next? Thread. I said that if I were playing a Paladin the situation with Clara would be easily averted with these easy steps.

1. See Clara.
    2. Smite Clara, for she is Neutral Evil, and Paladins can sense evil.
    3. ????
    4. Profit!

Confession: I accidently got one of my rangers to become a Fallen Ranger.

Confession: Before Blackguards even came out, I made a Fallen paladin.

Confession: I pronounce Blackguard as...Black Guard. Not Blaggard, which is actually the correct pronunciation, apparently?

Confession: I've been tempted to make a Barbarian named Ragnar Lothbrok, and I blame the show Vikings for that.

Confession: I've been tempted to make a Berserker named Lagertha, and she would use a sword and shield, because she's a shield maiden. Again, totally blame the show Vikings for that.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    edited May 2014
    Confession: I have pulled all-nighters messing around with BG related stuff, on school nights. While it probably isn't *the* reason I didn't perform super great, the "escape factor" was definitely present.
  • jscohenjscohen Member Posts: 117
    Confession: I love both Baldur's Gate and the Final Fantasy series, despite the fact that some people consider them horrendously diametrically incompatible.

Confession: I've always really liked Delainy as she appears in BGI . . . yet nowadays I don't always make it to the werewolf island. (I think that has more to do with the limited number of ways to kill wolfweres than with her, though.)

Confession: I also like Cernd and use him more than Jaheira.
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    Confession: I just saw the movie "The Bling Ring" and I will now think of it every time I loot Skie Silvershield's room.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Confession: When I play DA:O sometimes, I call Zevran, Coran.

Confession: Fortunately, I don't call Coran, Zevran when I play Baldur's Gate!

Confession: Sometimes I want to call Ajantis, Alistair, and vice versa.

Confession: When playing Awakening, I get the serious vibe that Velanna is just Viconia.

Confession: Sometimes I get the urge to call Nathaniel Howe, Kivan. However, I never get the urge to call Kivan, Nathaniel Howe.