Skip to content

#ConfessionsofaBhaalspawn

Comments

• SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234

I wouldn't mind Aerie, but in the two times I've romanced her, she's given birth during the final battle(s) with Melissan twice... which I find nigh impossible, magic be damned. Plus, who wants to date a two-hundred (DIRC?) year-old teenager?

Heh. And I thought I was crazy for taking a literally seconds old baby to face Abazigal...

I do think Aerie is younger than 200 though. In human terms she's pretty young, not Saerileth-young, but maybe not even 21 yet. IIRC she got caught during her very first flight from home (after a very sheltered life), but I don't know how much time has passed between that and clipped wings/meeting Quayle. Even then she never left the circus to live normally (i.e. grow up).

Confession: I have yet to play a full elf, but unlike lots of other Charnames I do not have that one planned out.

Confession: of most of the returning NPCs in BG2, I like their BG2 portrait better than their BG1 portrait...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Sjerrie said:

Confession: of most of the returning NPCs in BG2, I like their BG2 portrait better than their BG1 portrait...

I assume that your 'most' includes Viconia but not Edwin, right? :)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    CrevsDaak said:

Sjerrie said:

I assume that your 'most' includes Viconia but not Edwin, right? :)
    Edwins bg2 portraits is really terrible. I actually didn't mind bg1 viconia.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Confession: I really, really, really, really, really hate the "eight cats" quest!!!
    Why the eighth cat is always almost impossible ti find?

Confession: No matter what I was planning to do, when I do the Dorn SOA quest, I always end up setting him free :(
    I actually forgot to take Edwin into account... *casts sanctuary* ...Could someone recap why his BG2 portrait is so awful? All I see is less of a dark brooding wizard...

Imoen's simply transforms (torture, right?), which I like. Jaheira's BG2 portrait at least looks elven, Minsc's is also a little more comical but still good. Viconia's is better because arguably more sensual and more drow-like. (Did I still forget anyone?)
    Confession: Imoens bg1 portrait is better than bg2.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Confession: I think Jaheira's BG1 portrait is better than her BG2 portrait.

Confession: I think someone needs to make a Dynaheir mod for BG2.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

Confession: I think someone needs to make a Dynaheir mod for BG2.

@SapphireIce101 http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31566/canon-shmanon-here-s-my-bg2-beginning
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    edited April 2014
    @ SapphireIce101 There's also a very simple version of Dyna in the BG1 NPCs for BG2 project (http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=vecdfbqsergpghq2qmq4ip9ta4&board=133.0) (not updated for BGEE, but I think you could force it to work with some WEIDU stubbornness). I believe Smiling Imp intends to expand her, though he or she hasn't been active for a while.

Still, it as of now adds Xzar and Monty, Skie, a few others, and a peaceful (...to her, anyway) resolution to the Faldorn quest.
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    I just noticed that the character modeled after me according to this thread and this test would have stats and class the closest to...

(I totally said that in his voice.)
    Oops.
    @winters‌ that test gave you CE sorcerer?
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    edited April 2014
    meagloth said:

I'm afraid now!

The level one neutral good human wizard i am is really afraid!
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    meagloth said:

Nah, it gave me CG ranger/sorcerer, but stats distribution is strikingly similar.
    Also I absolutely adore Baeloth's attitude.
    @winters Confession: that test gave me a paladin/ranger 2/2. While I fully get the ranger part, I am not religious, and I find the zealousness paladins so often show somewhat short-sighted and naive. Also I don't 'feel' LG. (Case in point: a few hours ago I talked back to a civil servant who told me off for riding my bike on the sidewalk for 1 meter or so...)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Sjerrie said:

@winters Confession: that test gave me a paladin/ranger 2/2. While I fully get the ranger part, I am not religious, and I find the zealousness paladins so often show somewhat short-sighted and naive. Also I don't 'feel' LG. (Case in point: a few hours ago I talked back to a civil servant who told me off for riding my bike on the sidewalk for 1 meter or so...)

@Sjerrie‌ Maybe you don't feel paladin lawful good but might identify with monk lawful good?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    LiamEsler said:

Confession: I miss y'all terribly! See you in July.

Confession: The feeling is mutual. Since I never had a chance to say so before: Congratulations! I trust you're having a blast :D
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited April 2014
    Confession: I only like playing has human Charnames

Confession: The only classes I like are Fighter, Thief and Ranger

Confession: I've never created an evil Charname

Confession: I haven't played BG2:EE in 2 months

Confesison: I sometimes let evil NPCs join my party
  • dinobirdguydinobirdguy Member Posts: 14
    Sjerrie said:

Heh. And I thought I was crazy for taking a literally seconds old baby to face Abazigal...

Yeah. I really don't mind her romance... but that "birth during a traumatic incredibly dangerous battle without a single inconvenience" thing really kills it. I can suspend my disbelief only so much.
    Sjerrie said:

I do think Aerie is younger than 200 though... Even then she never left the circus to live normally (i.e. grow up).

I'm really not sure how old she is, and I don't recall if the game says so explicitly. I just figured that the adolescent years of an elf probably come close to the entire lifespan of a human, given an elf's very long life. Plus, she just -acts- like a teenager.

Interestingly, I found this tidbit here, http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Elf
    (Not sure if this is "canon", but still, I'll take it for now. Not like I'm researching the atomic weight of barium.)

"Elves mature at roughly the same rate as humans, though they are not usually considered past adolescence until they reach 110 years of age. Unlike humans, elves do not age dramatically as their lifespan comes to a close with the most obvious changes being a change in hair color, alternatively graying or darkening. Most elves remain healthy and full of life up until their death, which, if age-related, is usually between two and nine centuries."

• dinobirdguydinobirdguy Member Posts: 14

@Sjerrie‌ Maybe you don't feel paladin lawful good but might identify with monk lawful good?

I like the different "flavors" of good, evil, etc. in the game. I like Rasaad and Mazzy. Korgan's a blast, despite the blood. Keldorn and Minsc are tolerable. But Anomen? Dorn? Opposite alignments, but to quote a certain gender-confused wizard, "I can only tolerate so much."

• ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    Confession: Aerie was my favorite character in BG2, both as a powerhouse mechanics-wise, but also her personality.

Confession: I have never played as a gnome or halfling.

Confession: I have never encountered Drizz't and not subsequently killed him for his loot and exp. And I actually enjoy his character very much.

Confession: The first time I played ToB, I didn't immediately get that Mellisan was evil.
    @iuventas I'd wear that. #harpsohard
    Confession: I have resumed my very first Black Pits II playthrough, and I remembered pretty quickly why I put it on hold in the first place. Denneton's voice acting.