Skip to content

#ConfessionsofaBhaalspawn

Comments

• NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Confession: I prefer Imoen's original sprite and paperdoll to her BG2:EE version. Same goes for Nalia and Viconia.

Confession: I, too, have yet to recruit Wilson.

Confession: I think it's been a full month since I've last played Baldur's Gate. I'm going through withdraws.

Confession: My boyfriend convinced me to try League of Legends yesterday. The overhead view reminded me of Baldur's Gate. Oh how I missed the Pause button...

Confession: I don't know whether to like or hate League of Legends yet. This kind of frightens me.
  • jscohenjscohen Member Posts: 117
    edited April 2014
    Twani said:

Confession: I can't play through Irenicus Dungeon without difficulty mods (usually SCS, but I've done Tactics, ugh). It's just... so... repetitive. Something has to change.

A modder who went by Razfallow once released a "Slightly Improved Ilyich" mod. I remember it fondly - it made the combat more interesting and interactive without even coming close to the ridiculous heights of Zhivago and friends. You can still download it at Sorcerer's Place:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_mods_hosted_misc.php

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.

It hasn't been updated for a while, though, much less for BG2EE. I would be more than happy to play such an update/new mod/whatever.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Huh, @jscohen, I've never heard of that! Shame it's not updated, but I still play regular BG2 for testing as well as BG2EE, so I'll give it a try. Thanks! I don't find SCS Irenicus's dungeon too bad (though the only one rest can hurt), but I hate tactics version. I've done it, but I think I might have had to cheat.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited April 2014
    Confession: I like to take Experience gained after the level I want to dual-class, and put it into my new class. :S
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2014

Confession: My boyfriend convinced me to try League of Legends yesterday. The overhead view reminded me of Baldur's Gate. Oh how I missed the Pause button...

Confession: I don't know whether to like or hate League of Legends yet. This kind of frightens me.

I've played some LoL.

Nothing beats BG. NOTHING!
    But playing with friends can be really funny (in school we are 6 and 4 play that game, me included).
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    @ThatTwitchyGuy Well of course he was awesome. You can't name a hamster Boo and not have it be awesome. The moment that hamster gets that name he instantly becomes awesome. Also, don't worry. You were not alone in alot of those confessions. I only just recently beat BG1 without any cheating...Well, okay. I used Shadowkeeper to return items my party took with them when half of them left but thats it.

Confession:I actually have yet to play a shortie race. Its not that I dislike them but I dislike being a pure fighter or cleric or rogue. Most of my characters are magic users or some sort of paladin or ranger.

Confession:I also dislike that shorties get no romances for the most part. Call me silly, but I like having a bit of romance in my adventures.

Confession:I actually had a small crush on Viconia before BG2, even before she was remodeled. What can I say? I have a weakness for dusky maidens.

Confession:I wish there was a way to convert all energy spells to a single form of energy. This would severely gimp any caster when fighting certain foes but come on, who doesn't want to be a pyromancer once and awhile? Personally I think it'd make a good sorcerer kit

• SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    edited April 2014

Confession:I actually have yet to play a shortie race. Its not that I dislike them but I dislike being a pure fighter or cleric or rogue. Most of my characters are magic users or some sort of paladin or ranger.

There's always the gnome fighter/illusionist, a potentially pretty powerful combo. If you bend the rules you could make a gnome bard, and if you break the rules you can have any class or multiclass on any race. I played a dwarf skald once and explained away his magical aptitude as a Bhaalspawn thing. Fun character that one.

Confession: I have taken to making an actual list of Charnames I still want to play. Sofar it is 6 long, but that excludes potential replays of Charnames of the original era out of nostalgia. I'm curious to see if I would do some things differently with the knowledge I have now.

Confession: the first full playthrough I can remember from the original era, a kensai dual'd to mage, was still pretty good, despite my lack of knowledge of powergaming or strategic spellcasting and such. Different types of fighter/mages are still a favorite.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

Confession:I also dislike that shorties get no romances for the most part. Call me silly, but I like having a bit of romance in my adventures.

Given time, I hope to rectify this...
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited April 2014
    Confession: I am running four concurrent playthroughs, all shorties.
    For BGEE, a trio of Gnomes -
    Jack-Jack, male CN Jester
    Sid Knee, female CG Fighter/Illusionist
    Vonotar, male NE Cleric/Illusionist
    For BG2EE, a Halfing -
    Jerrol, male CE Fighter/Shadowdancer
    edited April 2014

Given time, I hope to rectify this...
    Confession: I *always* install the mod component that removes race requirements for romances.

Or are you building a romance around a shorty @SCARY_WIZARD?
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Confession: I played a Kensai once, but instead of dualing it to mage, I dualed it to thief.

Confession: I played a Kensai once, but instead of dualing it to mage, I dualed it to thief.

Aaaand my list just got no.7 added.
    Confession: I have never built the Wave+4 weapon.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    CrevsDaak said:

Confession: I don't even know what that is.
    meagloth said:

CrevsDaak said:

Confession: I must admit that I don't know what am I.
    meagloth said:

CrevsDaak said:

Confession: I only know that weapon because I saw it in the game's files and then used EEKeeper (yeah, I had EEkeeper working with BG2:ToB :D).
    Confession: I hate the Grease spell with a passion. In my playing experience it has usually just hindered my melee fighters in closing the gap to slice up the opposition. Similar things happened in Icewind Dale.

Confession: Most of the time I have Charname in the first slot, and I usued to only micro-manage him/her in a fight. This has led to quite a number of embarassing deaths where party members blasted eachother and Charname with AoE-spells. This subsequently led to a management crisis where I sometimes banned AoE-spells from npcs altogether and sometimes just left the AI off and micromanaged every party member.

Confession: I think Turn Undead is more annoying than useful in the beginning. I hate chasing after skeletons my melee fighters could easily crush.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    iuventas said:

Confession: My mind seems to have decided that "unmodded coffee" is a valid name for black coffee in English. Well.

Your gonna ask for a vanilla coffee one day and get something really nasty at Starbucks.
    meagloth said:

iuventas said:

Confession: My mind seems to have decided that "unmodded coffee" is a valid name for black coffee in English. Well.

Your gonna ask for a vanilla coffee one day and get something really nasty at Starbucks.
    Confession: I like my coffee like I like my women. Warm, strong and zesty, but not too complicated.

Confession: Even then, Aerie is still within range.

Confession: Baldur's Gate is *not* helping my New Year's resolution of a better sleeping pattern. It may however help my other resolution of making a mod, once I stop playing and start writing that is...
  • iuventasiuventas Member Posts: 95
    Sjerrie said:

Confession: I like my coffee like I like my women. Warm, strong and zesty, but not too complicated.

I don't know how this works, but it works. I mean, give me hot, dark and bitter (with a drop of two of honey) man coffee any time, any day.

• winterswinters Member Posts: 252

I don't know how this works, but it works. I mean, give me hot, dark and bitter (with a drop of two of honey) man coffee any time, any day.

We need a NPC like this So Badly.