Skip to content

#ConfessionsofaBhaalspawn

Comments

• SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    edited April 2014
    Confession: I'm starting to think that @CrevsDaak‌ has a lot of pictures that he uses for avatars.

Confession: I've managed to kill Jondalar due to bugs.

Confession: I miss Kivan in BG2.

Confession: Resisting the urge to install the original BG2 just to play with the Kivan mod.
  • iuventasiuventas Member Posts: 95
    @SapphireIce101 I'm really happy to see someone as in love with the Kivan mod as I am, haha.

Confession: I brought BG from home to the uni city, because it makes me feel less homesick. Regretting this choice greatly.
    (I am doomed.)
  • AvengingExileAvengingExile Member Posts: 33
    Hug me, @SapphireIce101‌ and @iuventas‌, my sisters in Kivan love!! *sobs*

Confession: I haven't played BG2EE because I don't have Kivan. I haven't replayed BGEE because I can't figure out how to get the semi-working NPC mod to work. I really need to fire up my old computer that still has the mods and Tutu installed.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Is the Kivan mod not yet compatible with EE then?

Confession: during my last playthrough I had Kivan in my party for the very first time. He was quite enjoyable and I used him all the way till the end of BG1. Giving him the archer kit also made him pretty badass...
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Confession: I love the Kivan mod, but I never feel like I'm as good for him as his beautiful elven wife. I've played the romance once, and then every other time I resurrect her, cure her and play my girl as heartbroken. Or just hook her up with Xan. That works.

Kivan's mod isn't compatible with BG2EE, no. It doesn't look like it would be that hard to convert it, but from what I understand, someone at Gibberlings3 has already done the work on it- it's just never been uploaded (the Vynd mod's been waiting over a month to be uploaded, for instance- it just seems like the admins there are very busy). So... we'll probably see it eventually, even though Domi isn't working on it herself anymore. But when? Who knows.
    Confession: The only thing that I don't like the Kivan mod is, in fact, Deheriana. Not because she's Kivan's wife, but because Kivan rarely talks in ToB after you resurrect her.

Confession: Unlike @Twani‌, I think my PC is good for Kivan. Seeing as she romances Coran, and then finds out that Coran moved onto Safana the whole year she was gone. #SecondruneofHanali

Confession: So, yeah, I still think someone needs to write a Coran Romance for the Coran NPC or something. #HanaliCelani

Also, I think @Twani‌ is right, we'll see it eventually. That being said, I don't think it would hurt if people that want Kivan would chime in on that thread.
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    Confession:I am extremely bad at stragedy and sometimes find 2nd edition a mind numbing game of Rock Paper Scissors when it comes to abilities and spell. This is probably my own fault and it doesn't help I almost never plan my parties for power or effectiveness but rather what characters and concepts I like and want to bring along with me.

Confession:Kivan was one of my favorite BG1 NPCs because he had that cool factor that makes a young boy go "HES SO COOL AND STOIC AND GRIM!", but I never tried the Kivan BG2 mod. I think I might once its released, since in my head canon my paladin left Baldur's Gate with Imoen and Kivan and I've been meaning to redo his BG2 play through (in my head canon I replaced Khalid's body with Kivan and simply let Minsc and Jaheria go then pretended they never existed.)

Confession:Even if I'm ignoring the existence of Minsc and Jaheria for head canon purposes I still let them go because I'm a softy and would feel bad if I left them. I don't even take them through the dungeon with me, just free and release.
    @Twani, I did that two playthroughs ago, left her with Xan. Charname was happy, I went "but Kivaaan is in the party" half of the time, not choosing romantic options is almost impossible.
    @Necomancer, being a very young girl had the drool factor added to cool factor. Sadly, teenage boys are not brooding, depressed elves...

Confession: In the playthrough I just finished, my Charname got through Hell, but she changed a lot through the trials (blah, character change, from adorable young woman to someone who's easily giving in to the taint)... And left Kivan for Sarevok. I hang head in shame and say that it was enjoyable mod, especially with Charname lying through her teeth to him.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I was gonna say, half the teenage boys I know were brooding depressed elves
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    iuventas said:

@Twani, I did that two playthroughs ago, left her with Xan. Charname was happy, I went "but Kivaaan is in the party" half of the time, not choosing romantic options is almost impossible.
    @Necomancer, being a very young girl had the drool factor added to cool factor. Sadly, teenage boys are not brooding, depressed elves...

I am!
    @booinyoureyes‌, from the past adventures of a teenage girl I remember teenage boys as screaming, hormone-led hordes (and I mean like 13-16 teenage)... It didn't stay that way forever, thank gods.

Latest post in this thread made me realise a sad fact that in less than a month I won't be a teenager anymore. It also means BG series were a part of about 3/4 of my life, which is both a scary and awesome number, seeing that I still play.
    (As a five years old I just liked walking around, "Jan, come here kill these gibberlings for me" is still brought up by my brother from time to time. I answer in Jansen's quotes.)
    Confession: When it comes to the Kivan Mod, and it's compatibility with BG2EE, and the five stages of death, I think I go through all stages except for acceptance, and I go through anger and depression several times.

Confession: I think when it comes to Kivan's fangirls there has to be a tie between @AvengingExile‌ and myself as his number one fan.

Confession: I've never made Thieves hood without cheating.

Confession: I think there should be more than one Bowstring of Gond.

Confession: I've never done the CN version of Assnomen's Anomen's romance.

Confession: I don't like how Dorn tries to force himself on a PC. I care not if its a bug. I still don't like it when he tries to force himself on my PC!
    edited April 2014
    Confession: I made two huge mistakes today. One, watching The Room (hi doggie!). Two, starting a game with Tsujatha mod.
    I'm so going to draw Tommy Wiseau as an elf and get +20 to playing experience.
    You're tearing me apart, Charname!

I'm totally down for Kivan's Flailing Fangirls, too. Translated quite a chunk of the mod into Polish as a language exercise some time ago, but got stuck big time somewhere.
    edited April 2014
    iuventas said:

Confession: I made two huge mistakes today. One, watching The Room (hi doggie!). Two, starting a game with Tsujatha mod.
    I'm so going to draw Tommy Wiseau as an elf and get +20 to playing experience.
    You're tearing me apart, Charname!

Funny thing, they still play that movie every month on Saturday in Los Angeles. I think its so then people can sit there and laugh at how horrible that movie is. Heh.

As for Tsujatha I've heard that he isn't as bad as Saerileth, but he's still kind of bad...Personally, I think he's...okay. He isn't in my top five. That being said...

Confession: I think Tsujatha is okay.

Confession: I have a top five favorite romance mod list, but I won't go into detail on which mods are on that list.

Confession: If there was a BG movie, and Tsujatha ever showed up, I would probably cast Robert Pattinson to play that role. Why? So then he can have another role that he hates other than Cedric DIggory, and Edward Cullen.
    @SapphireIce101‌, come ooon, give me The Five!
    Tsujatha should fit my favourite moody and brooding elf type, but for some reason (writing? godawful portraits? he seems to be trying too hard?), he does approximately nothing to me. Saerileth is in my party too right now and I have never been this close to leaving the game and never coming back.
    @SapphireIce101 I want to hear your top five, too! Actually, start a thread on the modding boards, and us gals (okay, okay, you guys can come to) can gush over our favorite mod romances.

Confession: I think Sarelith and Tsujatha are just different kinds of horrible, but I also think they are hysterical and sometimes like to bring them around only to lead them on horribly then dump them in the most painful manner possible. I am a horrible person.

(I love how Tsujatha is a five gazillion year old virgin and yet he is the best sex female CHARNAME has ever had or will have in her life. I imagine CHARNAME with Romantic Encounter on going, "Dude, I just slept with every other member of the party. You get a 3. Maybe.")

And I wish the teenage boys I knew back when I was a teen were brooding, depressed elves. Then I'd have reasons besides 'the law exists' for not strangling them all. (I'm kidding. Maybe.)
    edited April 2014
    @iuventas‌ - Tsujatha shares a Jude Law portrait with Aklon.
    http://zoyah.deviantart.com/art/Tsujatha-Melalor-BGII-mod-111031461
    This portrait is by Zoyah. I use her Coran portrait because...well, its a lot better than Coran's vanilla portrait at any rate.

Alright since @iuventas, and @Twani‌‌ requested it.

Confession: Sapphire's Top five romance mods:
    1. Kivan
    2. Arath
    3. Adrian
    4. Xan
    5. Haer'Dalis

@Twani‌ - Yeah, Tsujatha is very weird.

I've gotten to ToB with Adrian once, I really need to go all the way with him though.

Arath, I think I've got whole note sections of me gushing on him and telling @LiamEsler‌ how much I liked him in the Minimal Reload Thread. Also, yes, he's the druid in the Copper Coronet. He's so lovely, and bi, too.

As for Haer'dalis, I've never actually completed his romance mod. Need to go through BG2EE with that too. I didn't even know he was canonically bi.

I miss Kivaaaaaaaan!!! *cough* Stupid Meme Thread.

I need to play through the happy bonded path for Xan too.

Now a Joke Confession, brought to us by Tsujatha.

Tsujatha: Confession: I'm the best virginal smexy smex you'll ever have. #Tsujatha.
    I couldn't help myself.

Confession: I think if a Coran romance for BG2 were to happen, then canonically, he should be CN, because it's actually recommended by Domi., and technically when going down the CN path, he kind of does propose to the PC.

Confession: I should probably finish brainstorming this mod idea that I'm having with my friend. So far we have, a backstory, class/kit, race, and some stats. >:D

Confession: I've actually zipped through BG1 twice in the past week, via ctrl + y, like @Twani, and I'm pretty sure we're testing the same mod when it comes to that.
    @Twani‌ - Coran also gives a love confession on his CG path too. Also, if I need help, I'll tag you and some of the people at G3

Confession: I think Coran's cameo in BG2 is bad, especially when Safana is mentioned.

Confession: The only good thing about Coran's cameo is that if he survives, he becomes his usual womanizing self again.

Confession: Because of a meme, whenever I type Kivan, I'm trying really hard not to type out KIVAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

Confession: If I had more than a basic sense of coding, I would attempt to make KIVAAAAAAAN!!! Kivan BG2EE compatible for all of us Kivan fangirls, so we can live happily ever after with our favorite Ranger.

Confession: I think Aerie's romance is awesome.

Confession: I think if there was a contest for best villain, story wise, then Sarevok would win everyday, and twice on Sunday.
    Yes, we are. Cheers, @SapphireIce101‌! It's a good mod. Oh, and if you need any help with your mod idea, let me know if I can help any! I've gotten a pretty good grasp of coding these days, though the Gibberlings people are far better. Great forum for getting help on a mod.

Okay, I really need to try Arath, then. May play with him with my male protagonist coming on next.

As for Haer'Dalis, take him to the drow prostitutes (...is that the right word?) by the Lust Chambers. He's the only male party member who will sleep with the male drow (all the females will turn down the females, and all the other guys will turn down the guys- bemusingly, Valygar will sleep with a woman, IIRC, as will Keldorn). David Gaider mentioned in a comment on... I think it was the attic?... that Haer'Dalis is up for anything. I think it fits his personality, and I so want my guys to be able to romance him, as Dorn is a LOOOOOSER (oh, sorry, Dorn, did I offend you? Whatcha gonna do about it, big guy? Huh? HUH? ...Ahem.)

I almost completed his romance, but he dumped me last second as I was still seeing Angelo. Oops. I probably deserved it, though. (Angelo is another good romance mod, if you haven't tried him and are okay with your PC doing the pursuing.)

Confession: I totally agree with @SapphireIce101‌'s idea for the Coran mod, and think he should spawn CN for me. And be in love with me, not Safana. He gave a love confession! Come on!

Confession: If no one uploads Kivan soon, I'm going to try to go through and see if I can figure out a way to make it work for BG2EE. I managed to get BG1NPC to work, so Kivan won't be too much harder... right? Right?

Confession: I've never made it through a game of IWD with Kuylok's NPCs, though I dearly want to. Yes, that's totally a BG confession. Trust me.

Confession: I haven't recruited Wilson, yet. I kind of want to, though, as he's amusing, but... no banter! The horror!

Confession: If I ever finish with my current mod and then recreating it in BG2, I'll then write friendship paths for Aerie, Jaheira, and Anomen, so you can help them with their problems and concerns without getting in their pants. Because I like all three of them- just not romancing them.

Confession: I can't play through Irenicus Dungeon without difficulty mods (usually SCS, but I've done Tactics, ugh). It's just... so... repetitive. Something has to change.

Confession: I think Irenicus is fairly whiny and uninteresting (if genre savvy) compared to crazy Sarevok, but anything beats Miss 'I am Obviously a Villain and You Can Do Nothing About It' from ToB.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Twani said:

Confession: I haven't recruited Wilson, yet. I kind of want to, though, as he's amusing, but... no banter! The horror!

Confession: I can't play through Irenicus Dungeon without difficulty mods (usually SCS, but I've done Tactics, ugh). It's just... so... repetitive. Something has to change.

Wilson interacts in a bunch of dialogs and has an some line of (silly and impossible to understand in a language that it's common bearish) dialog, but he has the Dialog button disabled by an effect opcode over his CRE file so he breaks dialogs instead of interacting (so if you remove that effect it should work plus that effect over him is indeed a silly thing since he can talk common bearish) in them.

Irenicus' Dungeon feels the same to me, mostly when it comes to those Mephits :/ they are so annoying! They are mostly fire immune AND have lots of Special Abilities that 50% of them don't have a save and you can't protect against.

Confession: I have never recruited Wilson and I should do so.

Confession: More than once I used CRTL+J to get past the Mephits in the Air Plane in Irenicus' Dungeon, CRTL+Y is too much like cheating for me.

Confession: one of my favorite things of the CLUAConsole is spawning an insane amount of difficult to kill enemies in the streets of Athkatla and have a battle to death with them. One time I spawned 50 Death Knights who all started casting Fireball at the same time... PC wasn't fire immune so I had to reload *sigh* a save from hours ago.
  • AvengingExileAvengingExile Member Posts: 33
    Sjerrie said:

There's always Dungeon-Be-Gone.

Confession: I've used Dungeon-Be-Gone so much that I actually forgot how to get through the dungeon. lol

Confession: I not-so-secretly love how the Kivan fangirls have somewhat hijacked this thread.

• SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Twani said:

Confession: If no one uploads Kivan soon, I'm going to try to go through and see if I can figure out a way to make it work for BG2EE. I managed to get BG1NPC to work, so Kivan won't be too much harder... right? Right?

Let me know if you need help. I have almost zero knowledge of coding but I'm a good playtester lol.
    There's always Dungeon-Be-Gone.

Confession: I also desperately want to take Wilson on as early as possible. I have played around with him in a previous game and while he has no real banter I find the idea of a grizzly animal companion/familiar just... awesome. Move over pseudodragon! (Also, I once multi-classed him into druid... xD )
    @Sjerrie I need to get Domi's permission first, obviously, but if I get to that point and get it, I'll keep you in mind. Thanks!

And thanks, @CrevsDaak‌. I didn't know Wilson had any interjections besides Volo. I'll have to take a look through the BG2 files closely to see where else he has something to say and figure out how to make it trigger.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Confession: I have never had Wilson. (Did I say that already?)
    Confession: I may be a time ninja, and I didn't even know about it.

Confession: I need to remake my Beast Master.