Skip to content

The General Questions Thread

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @elminster

It was a race issue indeed. Tested as a dwarf and Clangeddin showed up. Baravar did the same as a gnome.
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    Hey!

What is the deal with circles under NPC's in bg1ee? There used to be time when you could chose a colour for them. Now they are simply green. Is there a possibility to change this? I really enjoyed the different colours, it made it quite easy to organize combat.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Riderat the green circles are a callback to how they worked in original BG. I personally prefer them myself, but that is entirely subjective.
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    @thedamages yeah, i kind of figured. But is there a way to averse this? :pensive:
    I don't know, funnily enough, I still have the colored circles. So yeah...
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @Riderat I believe there's an option in the settings.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    It's under Options > Gameplay > Feedback

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Who are the hooded figures in BG2 end animation?
    @Raduziel I believe they were supposed to be the five from TOB before what they were going to look like was finalized.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    I just installed the Random Character Generator mod, and I want to bring the minimum stat total down from 85 to what the actual minimum stat total is. What is it, 76?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Pokota It's 75
    Alright, new question. Where's BGEE.lua at relative to the executable? I want to muck around with it but can't find it...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2016
    Pokota said:

Alright, new question. Where's BGEE.lua at relative to the executable? I want to muck around with it but can't find it...

You might need to use something like Near Infinity to initially get it to appear (by modifying it, saving it, and then finding it in the override folder). You can also make changes to it from within Near Infinity as well.

Also you might find this thread helpful as well (when it comes to modifying things related to BGEE.lua anyways).

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/57210/m-lua-files-and-bgee-lua
    Alright, new question time. Can you dual out of Barbarian? I find Barbarian rage to be a bit more useful than the Zerker variant, given (1) I keep control and (2) it gives me a form of DUHM before chapters 6 and 7 (particularly when retrieving certain items before Imoen has the right pick locks rank)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    @Pokota Only if you use a mod that gives an option to dual-class a Barbarian.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Note, that with Berserker's Enrage ability you keep control too. The things where you lose control is Minsc's Berzerk ability and the cursed effect of the Berserking Sword and Kiel's Morningstar.
  • Woolie_WoolWoolie_Wool Member Posts: 153
    Do elves need to rest more than humans? I'm kind of annoyed at Kivan and now Coran getting fatigued all the time while the rest of the party is still doing fine.

Do elves need to rest more than humans? I'm kind of annoyed at Kivan and now Coran getting fatigued all the time while the rest of the party is still doing fine.

It should be dependent on constitution scores.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @BillyYank Elves do get a constitution penalty
  • Woolie_WoolWoolie_Wool Member Posts: 153
    My current EET playthrough will be the first time I play with Ascension, and if you install the "recommended" BWS package that leaves out the harder The Five boss fights, does Amelyssan still get the crazypants final boss battle? If so, will using Imoen's soul to resurrect Sarevok prevent Amelyssan from turning her into the Slayer, since she will no longer have any Bhaal essence for Amelyssan to do her thing with?
    @Woolie_Wool Yup, the final fight will still kick you in the pants. As to the second question, I dunno. I never tried it, let me know if it works if you go that route.
  • AzaloomAzaloom Member Posts: 56
    How do I list every post I've made on this forum? I've been away from the game for two whole years. Goddamit I just realized I lost all my BG saves with the system updates I have had. I was on my first EE run midway BGII, with dedicatedly developed char all the way from the start of BGI. I would like to find out if I can find any more recent save than what I could salvage from argent77 post on feb 3rd 2015 here:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/39177/11610-clerics-dual-classing-to-mage-should-not-be-granted-weapon-proficiencies-they-cannot-allocate#latest

It seems that my postings on this forum reach at least a couple of months later, which suggests as much further reaching active playing. I vaguely estimate I played roughly 10 to 20 hours past Underdark - but I was progressing slowly, as I had maxed difficulty with Stratagems mod. I remember I uploaded my saves here a couple of times, so there's a chance a newer one is out there somewhere. Help is appreciated.
    I would probably try this search in google:

site:https://forums.beamdog.com azaloom

You can add other keywords to narrow it down. I've never found the Vanilla search on this forum to be very useful.
  • AzaloomAzaloom Member Posts: 56
    Thanks @BillyYank . Already found a lot newer save of mine:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/39441/mod-reacquiring-your-gear-at-spellhold

But it dauntingly looks like I have to grind my way through Underdark, again. What an eery experience that was.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    Dual classing... Do i get to use longsword ever again if I done Kensai mage dual?

Does putting two pips in longsword and axes, as well as two weapon style limits me?
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Once you get your Kensai levels back, you get your proficiencies back as well.
    Is it possible to change what folder the games save to? I want to sync saves across computers but I don't particularly want to install steam to do so.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Pokota said:

Is it possible to change what folder the games save to? I want to sync saves across computers but I don't particularly want to install steam to do so.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/48939/interesting-customisation-in-v2-0-name-your-own-game
    edited April 2017
    Hm... that's a step in the right direction, at least. Time for science!

E: Doesn't seem to accept hard paths? I guess it's specifically for the instance name, not a full save path override. What I want to do is tweak the games to save to a folder in my dropbox instead of into My Documents
    Post edited by Pokota on
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    IS there an eta for patch 2.4?