Skip to content

BG1NPC for BGEE Prerelease - UPDATE v21-PR_20150131

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Hudzy said:

I had a start of chapter 5 save, but I've been completely unable to replicate the issue.

The only other odd thing that happened last time was she walked over to the house in the north to confront me, and reinitiated dialog from the beginning midway through the fight. I haven't been able to replicate that either.

That behavior you observed would explain the second bow. The bow is added to her inventory if you talk to her with Kivan in your party. If she restarted the opening dialog, it would add a second bow to her inventory.
    Ok. Imanel's script didn't have a check on the initial block to see if the dialog had previously fired. Adding that should solve the problem. I'll include a fix in the next pre-release version.
  • LeokostaLeokosta Member Posts: 73
    Hello. First of all, tx for the hard work. I just made a Tactical instalation of BWP on my GOG version of BGEE. Since bg1npc project has always been my favorite mod, I wanted to help you by testing the pre-release, but I dont know how to incorporate it on my instalation. Can I instal it after BWP ? Do I have to instal another mod, like gen-biff after that ? Sorry for the bad english.

Tx very much
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    am i doing something wrong? Where's the executable file for this mod?
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    It's in the GitHub link in the first post. Click on v21-PR_20141017a underneath the orange pre-release box, and then download zip on the right side after that.
    thx dude!
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    For some reason it not let me install the update, here is my debug file
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Out of curiousity where does Alora start in Gullykin? Just interested for compatibility reasons with my own Yeorg NPC mod.
    elminster said:

Out of curiousity where does Alora start in Gullykin? Just interested for compatibility reasons with my own Yeorg NPC mod.

553, 506 - just outside the Temple/Winery
    kaguana said:

For some reason it not let me install the update, here is my debug file

It appears that you don't have the latest version of x#tiaxquest.tra, since its missing string @999. When you downloaded the update, did you overwrite a previously existing copy of BG1NPC? If so, some files may not have been overwritten.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited November 2014
    @AstroBryGuy‌ I did overwrite but when it didn't work I delete it all and copy anew and that didn't work either, so I went and redownload and that didn't help either, I'll try it again see if it work.

Ok now it work, I don't know why it didn't last night but I'm glad it did now :)
    edited November 2014
    Coran special quest issue:

when i meet Amelia in firewine bridge, if i refuse to take amelia's quest, coran leave my party permanently and stays bewitched near Amelia. If i force attack her, she doesn't react, stay blue circle and after her death coran don't come back to the party, is that right?
    kamuizin said:

Coran special quest issue:

when i meet Amelia in firewine bridge, if i refuse to take amelia's quest, coran leave my party permanently and stays bewitched near Amelia. If i force attack her, she doesn't react, stay blue circle and after her death coran don't come back to the party, is that right?
    It appears that a default script is needed to handle a "force-attack" situation. You can advance the plot of the quest by

going into Firewine and finding the fiance.
    @kamuizin‌ - Try this command at the CLUA Console:

C:SetGlobal("X#CoranCharmed","GLOBAL",2)

Then talk to Coran
    Thx @Astrobryguy, i just reloaded and followed the quest in another way, witch worked.
  • amyaeamyae Member Posts: 71
    Safana's PID doesn't work if Dorn is in the party. Talking to Safana just repeats her banter with Dorn.

This appears to be a bug in vanilla BGEE (the script checks that the global DORN_SAFANA_DIALOG1 is 1 but never sets it to 2 after the banter is finished), but you'd probably only ever notice it if you have BG1NPC installed.
    @amyae - Yep, looks like a bug with the Safana-Dorn banter. I've verified it on a vanilla install and reported on the bug forum.

If you set the variable to 2 manually via the CLUA Console, that should work.

C:SetGlobal("DORN_SAFANA_DIALOG1","GLOBAL",2)

In the meantime, I'll have to see about adding a workaround into BG1NPC.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    I've just noticed Xzar and Montaron split up when you send them to Baldur's Gate. Xzar is in the Lantern where he said he'd be, but Montaron ends up in the Elfsong, at the exact same coordinates as Minsc.

I'm still running v21_PR_20141017 if that's relevant.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Maybe they needed some space?
    Kivan gives his reaction to Prism's death upon entering the Nashkel Mines area even if he wasn't in the party when Prism died (and also it's like 60 game days later).

This block in KIVAN.BCS:

IF
    AreaCheck("AR5400")
    Dead("prism")
    Global("X#KPD","GLOBAL",0)
    InParty(Myself)
    !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    InMyArea(Player1)
    !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    CombatCounter(0)
    !See([ENEMY])
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("X#KPD","GLOBAL",1)
    END

should contain some check that Kivan is in the party when they encounter Prism in order to set the variable.

Just a minor continuity nitpick, though.
    edited December 2014
    It could be done with another block to set a variable on the following condition:
    AreaCheck("AR5400")
    !Dead("prism")
    InParty(Myself)

Even that wouldn't really check for Kivan during the encounter. It would only check if Kivan was in the party while in AR5400 before Prism died.

There are probably quite a few of these in BG1NPC.

EDIT: I had an idea to solve the issue by adding a See("prism") check to the script block in question. That should prevent the trigger from firing long after Prism is dead (and the corpse is removed).
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    Safana's PID option "Do you have any advice, Safana?" is buggy. I got two copies of that line; for the first, Safana's reply was, "You can never go wrong with diamonds, though I do fancy pearls myself. You were asking for jewelry advice, weren't you, darling?" And for the second, "Why, yes, darling, I'd be delighted to work with this Darkwalk fellow. I'm sure I can make him very happy."

This was in Beregost in Chapter 1, so obviously we haven't met Narlen Darkwalk yet. But that particular line does SetGlobal("X#SafanaPIDNashkel","GLOBAL",1) so I'm just confused. Something screwy going on with the variable checks for "Do you have any advice, Safana?" but I'm not sure what.
    edited December 2014
    amyae said:

Safana's PID option "Do you have any advice, Safana?" is buggy. I got two copies of that line; for the first, Safana's reply was, "You can never go wrong with diamonds, though I do fancy pearls myself. You were asking for jewelry advice, weren't you, darling?" And for the second, "Why, yes, darling, I'd be delighted to work with this Darkwalk fellow. I'm sure I can make him very happy."

This was in Beregost in Chapter 1, so obviously we haven't met Narlen Darkwalk yet. But that particular line does SetGlobal("X#SafanaPIDNashkel","GLOBAL",1) so I'm just confused. Something screwy going on with the variable checks for "Do you have any advice, Safana?" but I'm not sure what.

It's the triggers for that PID.
    + ~ReputationGT(Player1,8) 
    ReputationLT(Player1,18)
    CheckStatGT(Player1,7,INT)
    OR(2)
    GlobalGT("NarlenMove","GLOBAL",0)
    GlobalLT("NarlenMove","GLOBAL",10)
    !AreaCheck("%NashkelMines_L1%")
    !AreaCheck("%NashkelMines_L2%")
    !AreaCheck("%NashkelMines_L3%")
    !AreaCheck("%NashkelMines_L4%")
    !AreaCheck("%CloakwoodMines_L1%")
    !AreaCheck("%CloakwoodMines_L3%")
    !AreaCheck("%CloakwoodMines_L4%")
    !AreaCheck("%CloakwoodMines_L2%")~
    + @628 DO ~SetGlobal("X#SafanaPIDNashkel","GLOBAL",1)~ + SafanaAdvice10
    The OR(2) on checking NarlenMove will always be true, since any value would be greater than 0 -OR- less than 10. The PID should check for *both* conditions to be true, i.e., NarlenMove is a value from 1-9.

Basically, the OR(2) needs to go away. :smile:
    + ~ReputationGT(Player1,8) 
    ReputationLT(Player1,18)
    CheckStatGT(Player1,7,INT)
    GlobalGT("NarlenMove","GLOBAL",0)
    GlobalLT("NarlenMove","GLOBAL",10)
    !AreaCheck("%NashkelMines_L1%")
    !AreaCheck("%NashkelMines_L2%")
    !AreaCheck("%NashkelMines_L3%")
    !AreaCheck("%NashkelMines_L4%")
    !AreaCheck("%CloakwoodMines_L1%")
    !AreaCheck("%CloakwoodMines_L3%")
    !AreaCheck("%CloakwoodMines_L4%")
    !AreaCheck("%CloakwoodMines_L2%")~
    + @628 DO ~SetGlobal("X#SafanaPIDNashkel","GLOBAL",1)~ + SafanaAdvice10
    edited December 2014
    Cool, that's a lot simpler than I thought :smiley:
  • ScourgeScourge Member Posts: 97
    I've got an annoying question. This mod adds banters and content, but how much it is spread?

For example Safana or Tiax have as much content as let's say, Imoen? I've never took these two in my party and I was wondering.
    Scourge said:

I've got an annoying question. This mod adds banters and content, but how much it is spread?

For example Safana or Tiax have as much content as let's say, Imoen? I've never took these two in my party and I was wondering.

The content is NOT evenly distributed. Safana and Tiax don't have as many interjections as some other NPCs, such as Imoen, although Tiax does get a quest.

FWIW, Garrick and Viconia rock the interjection counts. Jaheira and Imoen do too.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @AstroBryGuy‌ how much work needs to be done, until BG1 NPC goes out of beta? It seems pretty stable to me (with occasional hiccups here and there). For me the most important thing was journal issues. Are these fixed or is there some more work to be done on this field?
    Also, are you able to sent me the lines without translation? No promises, but if there's not many of them, I might be able to find some time to translate them to Polish during holidays. Anyway, would be grateful if you could sent them or paste them here:)
This discussion has been closed.