Skip to content

BG1NPC for BGEE Prerelease - UPDATE v21-PR_20150131

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Woo-hoo! I can't wait to try it. I'm currently on a trek across the U.S., but as soon as I can plug in my computer, I'll give it a whirl :) Thank you!
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited October 2014
    kaguana said:

Well as for the NPC sent to the inn, any change that you @AstroBryGuy‌ can cod something like that into the mod ? or is it too complicated ? or can that component from scs mod can be added to the bg1npc mod for the EE version ?

@kaguana - Done! :-)

The latest prerelease makes the BG1NPC Wait at Inns component compatible with BGEE. If you're used to SCS' similar component, it works a bit differently.

The NPCs can be sent either to a location on the Sword Coast (i.e., outside Baldur's Gate) or a location in Baldur's Gate (assuming you're far enough along in the game). Unlike SCS, you don't get to choose the location, just "Sword Coast" or "Baldur's Gate". The NPC(s) will tell you where to find them (and some are very... unique). Also, NPCs can still be hold to "wait here", but they won't stick around in "dangerous" areas.

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Thank you for the new prerelease version!
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited October 2014

kaguana said:

Well as for the NPC sent to the inn, any change that you @AstroBryGuy‌ can cod something like that into the mod ? or is it too complicated ? or can that component from scs mod can be added to the bg1npc mod for the EE version ?

@kaguana - Done! :-)

The latest prerelease makes the BG1NPC Wait at Inns component compatible with BGEE. If you're used to SCS' similar component, it works a bit differently.

The NPCs can be sent either to a location on the Sword Coast (i.e., outside Baldur's Gate) or a location in Baldur's Gate (assuming you're far enough along in the game). Unlike SCS, you don't get to choose the location, just "Sword Coast" or "Baldur's Gate". The NPC(s) will tell you where to find them (and some are very... unique). Also, NPCs can still be hold to "wait here", but they won't stick around in "dangerous" areas.

@AstroBryGuy‌ Thank you very much for this update :) and all your hard work.

I'm really happy this component is include so cool thank you very much, I was waiting for it.

About the other topic of the multiplayer with @laptopman666‌ seem like thing are ok for now, Thank for trying to help.
    Post edited by kaguana on
  • verovero Member Posts: 4
    I am really waiting for this mod to play with BGEE !!

Thank you for your hard work :) !!!!!
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    @astrobryguy thanks for all your hard work!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    This may not be a bug, but I just wanted to confirm either way:

Ajantis recently turned to Yeslick and said, "The stench of evil clings to you in a vile manner." I know Ajantis will start trouble if there is an evil member in your party (I have both Viconia and Shar-Teel), but in this case, the line was spoken to good-aligned Yeslick, who was standing next to him at the time (Viconia and Shar-Teel were both standing a farther distance away). There was no further dialogue after that.

Is this normal behavior?
    edited October 2014
    @SharGuidesMyHand‌ - I think that's one of Ajantis' INTERACTION sounds (looking at his CRE, it's INTERACTION4). BG1NPC doesn't change how/when those sounds fire.

Edit: Looks like it is something he says IF there are evil party members, but not necessarily TO evil party members.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/400866#Comment_400866
  • Zaarin_2003Zaarin_2003 Member Posts: 33
    If someone were holding you guys for ransom with your freedom able to be purchased in exchange for simply a rough, best guess, ETA for the release of this mod.... what would you say? :-)
    "It depends on how many testers there will be, and how many bug reports we get."
    The best way to speed this up is by playing the prerelease and posting the bugs you encounter. :)
    edited October 2014
    jastey said:

"It depends on how many testers there will be, and how many bug reports we get."
    The best way to speed this up is by playing the prerelease and posting the bugs you encounter. :)

This. :)
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    I'm using this release now so I'll be sure to watch out for any bugs.
  • SleeplesSleeples Member Posts: 18
    When the final version will be ready?
    edited October 2014
    Sleeples said:

When the final version will be ready?

See Jastey's answer three posts up:
    jastey said:

• LillyhimeLillyhime Member Posts: 36
    I have a question, if I choose to not have Xan's romance installed will he still have his quest with the elf girls?
    He still gets the quest.
  • LillyhimeLillyhime Member Posts: 36
    yay~ thank you. :3
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    I just wanted to say "thank you" for making this mod available for BGEE! It is wonderful, and makes playing the game again a joy.
    @AstroBryGuy‌ The current pre-release on BGT gives the install error:
    ERROR: Sys_error("BG1NPC/LIB/macro_tutu_items_to_bgt.tph: No such file or directory")
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    jastey said:

AstroBryGuy‌ The current pre-release on BGT gives the install error:
    ERROR: Sys_error("BG1NPC/LIB/macro_tutu_items_to_bgt.tph: No such file or directory")

For some reason I had the .tph buried deep in my HD. Just unzip and throw it in the lib folder and it shouldn't crash the installation anymore.
    edited October 2014
    @jastey - You might the version on @cmorgan's repository instead of mine. cmorgan had converted the macro_tutu_to_bgt.tph file to cmorgan_project_macros.tpa, but his bg1npc.tp2 file still references the old tutu_to_bgt macro.

EDIT: I've removed all references to that file on my repository - except in a commented out line (line 5383 in bg1npc.tp2). It's not a reference to the file, however, just calling the macro. So it shouldn't give the error you see.
            	/* LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO ~tutu_items_to_bgt~ */
    @AstroBryGuy‌ Yes, I am an idiot, I didn't exchange the old bg1npc.tp2 in the main folder. Apologies for the false alert!
    Are there conditions for Kivan's bounty hunter to be showing up in AR0900 beyond being able to access the far side in chapter five?

I've been through the area a few times now with Kivan in the party and she hasn't appeared yet. I vaguely remember her being there immediately after talking to Scar in my last Tutu playthrough.
    edited October 2014
    @Hudzy - Overhaul put another encounter at the bounty hunter's original location in AR0900. So, to avoid both encounters happening simultaneously, I moved the bounty hunter.

You should find Imanel south of the road rather than north of it in BGEE.
    The bounty hunter seems to have 2x Kivan's bow as loot.
    edited October 2014
    Hudzy said:

Hmmmm.... Have to look into that.
    Hudzy said:

@Hudzy - I tested the encounter with Imanel, and only got one copy of Kivan's bow. Do you have an old save from which you can verify the issue?
    I had a start of chapter 5 save, but I've been completely unable to replicate the issue.

The only other odd thing that happened last time was she walked over to the house in the north to confront me, and reinitiated dialog from the beginning midway through the fight. I haven't been able to replicate that either.
This discussion has been closed.