Skip to content

BG1NPC for BGEE Prerelease - UPDATE v21-PR_20150131

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Attached is an autosave that was made close to some of the above screencaps.

I did not get any instruction to update WeiDU. I did in fact download the newest version of WeiDU last week when I tried to create my first item mod. Do you mean I should make a copy of that and rename it "setup-bg1npc" and reinstall the mod again? Otherwise I am not sure what you mean by updating WeiDU.

oops forgot to @kaguana‌ in the above...
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited September 2014
    It sounds like the dialog.tlk file got reset to its vanilla state. The strings that are coming back with missing references are those added by BG1NPC. Since the dialog.tlk file is not included with a save game, I don't think that there will be anything in a save game to diagnose.

I note that there was an update on Steam a few days ago. If you are on Steam and applied the update, it would reset your dialog.tlk file.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/552447/#Comment_552447
    Dee said:

No, it shouldn't change anything at all on Windows; even the version number is the same, to allow you to continue playing multiplayer cross-platform. So if you've got mods installed and don't want to reinstall them, you don't need to apply the update.

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited September 2014
    @Heindrich‌ can you upload a full save game ?

(Hoo and As I said I'm not expert I never learn moding (never got the time, maybe someday I'll ;) ) what I meant is that WeiDU is a program you can run it to install it, all tho @AstroBryGuy‌ already answer)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    For some reason, the interaction with Brage isn't working - either the game crashes before I can answer the riddle, or I answer the riddle but we don't get transported anywhere.

I've attached a zip file with the saved game just prior to seeing Brage.
    I should also add that the dialogue where Brage gives his riddle plays twice (though the game often crashes before the second time), and doesn't offer a list of responses the first time. You can see in the screenshots below, how after the riddle is solved, Brage just stands there and nothing further happens.

I note that there was an update on Steam a few days ago. If you are on Steam and applied the update, it would reset your dialog.tlk file.

@AstroBryGuy‌
    I do indeed have a Steam version of BG:EE and did indeed get that small update. I haven't tried out the game since my last reinstall of the mod. I'll let you know if it persists. (If it does... would it help if I reinstalled both BG:EE and BG1NPC?)
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181

It sounds like the dialog.tlk file got reset to its vanilla state. The strings that are coming back with missing references are those added by BG1NPC. Since the dialog.tlk file is not included with a save game, I don't think that there will be anything in a save game to diagnose.

Ah I had suspected as much, I am also running on steam. Bit of a pain in the arse as I had just managed to get my berserker (7) to druid (8), gutted. Looks like a re-install will be needed, at least there's some G3 mod updates I can make use of though amongst others.
    Heindrich said:

@AstroBryGuy‌
    I do indeed have a Steam version of BG:EE and did indeed get that small update. I haven't tried out the game since my last reinstall of the mod. I'll let you know if it persists. (If it does... would it help if I reinstalled both BG:EE and BG1NPC?)
    @Heindrich‌ @jobby‌ - You shouldn't need to re-install BGEE, but it looks like you would need to reinstall BG1NPC. The behavior you're seeing suggests that the contents of the override directory were left intact (otherwise, the BG1NPC dialogs would not have fired). What got reset was the dialog.tlk.

After any patch of the game itself, you'll need to reinstall mods.
    edited September 2014

For some reason, the interaction with Brage isn't working - either the game crashes before I can answer the riddle, or I answer the riddle but we don't get transported anywhere.

I've attached a zip file with the saved game just prior to seeing Brage.

@SharGuidesMyHand‌ - I'm not getting any crashes or repeated dialogs from Brage. I'll keep trying, but I've run it about 10 times I've not seen anything odd.

Do you have any other mods installed?
    edited September 2014

Do you have any other mods installed?

Yes, I also have:

Neera expansion
    Tenya NPC
    Ellyrian NPC
    BG2 GUI in BG1

EDIT: I've just done some more testing, and I'm fairly certain that it is actually the Ellyrian mod causing the problem, not the Project. My apologies if I've wasted your time.

Post edited by SharGuidesMyHand on
    @SharGuidesMyHand‌ - No problem. Working out bugs with multiple mods installed can be difficult.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited September 2014
    I see that BGNPC Project adds "PlaySound("nameofthenpc99")" actions to NPC scripts. Near Infinity reports that these sounds are missing. I checked it and NPC project doesn't add them indeed. So what is the purpose? If this is meant to be used as blank sound then the NPC Project should use something lke "blank.wav" instead of non exisiting sounds that generates compiler errors.
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    Now that the Linux version is out and seems to be running pretty darn well to boot, are there any plans for a Linux release of this most excellent mod? :D
    swit said:

I see that BGNPC Project adds "PlaySound("nameofthenpc99")" actions to NPC scripts. Near Infinity reports that these sounds are missing. I checked it and NPC project doesn't add them indeed. So what is the purpose? If this is meant to be used as blank sound then the NPC Project should use something lke "blank.wav" instead of non exisiting sounds that generates compiler errors.

The PlaySound commands are for the BG1NPC Music Pack, which is a separate (and optional) download.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-bg1npc_music.html

joshykins said:

Now that the Linux version is out and seems to be running pretty darn well to boot, are there any plans for a Linux release of this most excellent mod? :D

I don't have a linux box to test the install. If someone wants to download the linux WeiDU binary and test out installing it, please try it out.

Download the latest version of WeiDU for Linux from http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/ and copy weidu, weinstall, and tolower to /usr/bin.
    Unzip the mod archive* and copy the setup-bg1npc.tp2 file and bg1npc directory to the BGEE install directory (wherever the file chitin.key lives).
    *You may need to run 'tolower' on the BG1NPC mod files before copying. I'm not sure if the linux version of BGEE needs all the mod files in lower case or not.
    Then, 'weinstall setup-bg1npc' to install the mod.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    there seems to be error in g3_bgt_cmpvars.tph:
    OUTER_SPRINT "IMOEN_POST" "IMOENP"
    according to PDIALOG.2da Imoen2 DV is using IMOEN2P post dialogue file. All Imoen cre files in BGT use Imoen2 DV, so this line points to wrong file.
    swit said:

there seems to be error in g3_bgt_cmpvars.tph:
    OUTER_SPRINT "IMOEN_POST" "IMOENP"
    according to PDIALOG.2da Imoen2 DV is using IMOEN2P post dialogue file. All Imoen cre files in BGT use Imoen2 DV, so this line points to wrong file.

I don't know much about BGT. You can report this on the BG1NPC official forum at G3.

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45

That way, someone with greater knowledge of BGT than me can weigh in on this issue too.
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Hey guys, I know you've worked hard on this and it's much appreciated but I think I've done something wrong because some components have installed / worked such as moving NPC starting locations but none of the banters trigger?

I've never tried this mod before but since 1.3 patch came out I updated the game, installed this and started a new game to try it out because I've only heard the best of things about it.

I have rotated a couple NPCs around but Garrick, Neera and Minsc have been in the party for a while (only just got Safana and Kivan) but there's no banter except for the usual one liners they randomly say like in vanilla.

Have I done something wrong? Or is there no banter between the particular NPCs I have? I installed the latest beta of this mod, the accompanying music pack and also the PaintBG Portraits (in that order too).

Any help / suggestions appreciated.
    @‌Elzarath - They should have banters, except for Neera. BG1NPC adds no content for the new EE NPCs (Neera, Dorn, Rasaad).

Which components did you install/not install? Can you send me the SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG file? Do you have the CLUA Console enabled?

Thanks for the fast response!

I'm not at home at the moment but when I can I'll send it to you. Do I just email you? I think I installed most of it, maybe left out one or two romance options and I don't have the CLUA console enabled.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    edited October 2014
    sure you got v21beta, not the (not-EE-working) public v20?
    Also there was a "second 1.3 update" with the same version number – it may have been applied and erased the added mod dialogues.
    Yeah I got the v21 beta from the GitHub link on the first page of this thread.

Didn't know about the second update but I haven't applied anything after installing the mod (except for the other two mods I listed). Come to think of it I don't think the launcher even has 'apply update' it just says 'play'.
    @Elzarath‌ - The "second update" @BelegCuthalion‌ is referring to was on Steam, AFAIK. I don't think it was pushed to the Beamdog client (it was enabling a Mac version of BGEE on Steam).
    @AstroBryGuy‌ ahh ok thanks, I'm not using steam version so that makes sense. Zipped up file and attached it for you. Hopefully you can work out if / where I've gone wong!
    edited October 2014
    Elzarath said:

@AstroBryGuy‌ ahh ok thanks, I'm not using steam version so that makes sense. Zipped up file and attached it for you. Hopefully you can work out if / where I've gone wong!

Did you re-run the installation of BG1NPC. There's no SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED messages. Can you upload the Weidu.log file?

EDIT: I see the problem:
    BG1NPC.TP2 0 0 Installed
    BG1NPC.TP2 0 8 Installed
    BG1NPC.TP2 0 18 Installed
    BG1NPC.TP2 0 20 Installed
    BG1NPC.TP2 0 22 Installed
    BG1NPC.TP2 0 24 Installed
    BG1NPC.TP2 0 29 Installed
    BG1NPC.TP2 0 31 Installed
    You skipped the Banters, Quests, and Interjections component (which would show up as "BG1NPC.TP2 0 1 Installed"). Without that, you won't get any added banters.
    Ok, thanks dude. Doesn't really make sense because they are the main components / the whole point of the mod.

If I re-run now will it reinstall ok? Or would I need to start a new game?
    Elzarath said:

Ok, thanks dude. Doesn't really make sense because they are the main components / the whole point of the mod.

If I re-run now will it reinstall ok? Or would I need to start a new game?

Should be ok. There may be some odd moments of "catch up" dialogs firing.
    Ok, re-ran the installer and all good! Just tested it Kivan and Garrick initiated dialogue within about 20 mins of play time. Thanks heaps for your help!
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Okay so I have a big problem. Is there a way to force-open the cloakwood forest-areas? There is some sort of bug preventing me from reaching them, so I'm kind of stuck mid-game. I installed the NPC-project in an already running game (Still in Candlekeep) so the diffuculties may have sprung from there. I also chose to install the "open all cloakwood-areas option" at my first install. When I realised it wasn't working I re-installed. Still not working, then I tried installing the "only open the first section"-option. I can still not access cloakwood. Any suggestions or am I screwed?
This discussion has been closed.