Skip to content

BG1NPC for BGEE Prerelease - UPDATE v21-PR_20150131

AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
edited February 2015 in BG:EE Mods
EDIT:

BG1NPC v21 and BG1NPC Music Pack v6 are released with BGEE compatibility!

I started a new thread for the official release versions:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/39422/bg1npc-v21-and-bg1npc-music-pack-v6/p1

A beta version of BG1NPC v21 with BGEE compatibility is available for testing by the BG community. Please check it out and report bugs here.

The most recent prerelease is v21-PR_20150131: https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/releases

BG1NPC Project page at Gibberlings site: (http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg1npc/)

BG1NPC v21 Prerelease 2015-01-31

NEW for v21_PR_20150131
* Xzar dialog bug fix
* FIx for BGEE area script issues in AR2400 and AR2900
* Updates to Amelia in Coran's Quest
* Various typo fixes

Summary of Amelia changes:
Amelia was a very difficult battle for BG1, so she has been toned-down to be more appropriate for BG1.
* HP, THAC0, AC, Saving throws updated to be in line with PnP succubus stats.
* Only immune to non-magical weapons
* On BGEE (or Tutu/BGT installs with 1 PP Wings), Amelia's combat appearance now has wings (defaults to previous fire elemental appearance on installs without 1PP Wings).
* Updated combat script, inspired by Kirinhale's from TotSC

NEW for v21_PR_20150115
* German translations for Skie dialogs and banters
* Updates to Amelia's scripting in Coran's Quest to better account for force-attacks on Amelia
* Updates to fix issues with NPC Wait at Inns component, KickedOut variable not being set correctly
* Miscellaneous typo fixes

NEW for v21_PR_20141231:
* This is an internal housekeeping update. No new content or bugfixes.
* Move bg1npc.tp2 inside bg1npc directory (to reduce clutter in game directory)
* Packing TIS files (tisunpack binaries added for HANDLE_TILESETS)
* Removing unneeded charset conversion batch/shell script files (HANDLE_CHARSETS function used now)
* Integrating files for BGEE into correct phases

NEW for v21_PR_20141223:
* Additional material for German translation - Thanks to S.!
* Updated Spanish, French, and Polish translations - Thanks @CrevsDaak‌ @Isaya‌ @Etamin‌!
* Update WeiDU to v237
* Update handing of .tra-file conversions to HANDLE_CHARSETS - Thanks @Isaya‌
* Fix for Montaron Wait at Inns location
* Fix Safana-Dorn dialog issue - BGEE ONLY
* Fix for Dynaheir interjection with Cythandria - Tutu ONLY
* Coran Succubus Quest Updates
* Kivan-Prism Interjection Fix
* Safana-Darkwalk PID Fix
* Minor bugfixes, typos, etc..

NEW for v21_PR_20141114:
* Fixes potential issues with the Imanel Silversword encounter
* Updates for the french translation (thanks to @Isaya!)

NEW for v21_PR_20141017:
* German translation available! (Teiluebersetzung vom Kerzenburgforum, teilweise noch in englisch)
* Wait at Inns component now works with BGEE
* Quest journal entries updated to be BGEE-compatible
* Various bugfixes, typos, etc..

Changes:
  • Updated FILE_EXISTS checks to GAME_IS checks for tutu, tutu_totsc, bgt, bgee
  • Replace references to macro tutu_items_to_bgt with cmorgan's new macro convert_tutu_items_bgt_bgee.
  • New "just-in-time" UTF-8 conversion of tra files for installation on BGEE. (Isaya)
  • Updated cross-platform libraries with latest fixes for all platforms. (Jastey)
  • Replaced referenced BG2 scripts unavailable in BGEE with BG1NPC versions: x#mag10b, x#mag10c, x#mag14d, x#prs10b, x#drdsht, x#drui12, x#druid8, x#druid6, x#gpsht, x#shoutp, x#davidx, x#fight2, x#mepsmo, x#shout6.
  • Add BG2 item files used by BG1NPC to BGEE installs: brac25, dagg11, minhp20, misc3m, misc3n, misc3o, sahbolt, scrl8i, scrl9h, seeinvis, vamp, vamp1, vamp2, vamp3, and itemharp.wav.
  • New variable %tazokminhp% to account for different anti-death items used in Tutu vs. BGT vs BGEE.
  • Move dialog changes for Coran Wyvern quest from x#jfix_X and x#bgreplace_X to new x#corwyv_X.d files.
  • Create version of x#bgreplace_X for BGEE.
  • Create version of X_area_script_assign.tph for BGEE.
  • Missing strings added to tra files for BG2 strings referenced by BG1NPC but not in BGEE dialog.tlk (e.g., Sahaugin, Mephit names)
  • Accounting for dialog state order differences from Tutu to BGEE: firebe.dlg, xanp.dlg, hentol.dlg, housg3.dlg.
  • Added code to update SPELDESC.2DA in BGEE for Camdawg's Temple Fix
  • For CREs that use BG2 sounds that are unavailable in BGEE, sound references were updated to sounds available in BGEE (with a few exceptions). This was only done in BGEE via GAME_IS checks; Tutu and BGT will still use available BG2 sounds.
  • Added macro ~source_cre_sound_cleanup~ to CRE blocks for cleanup.
  • Added x#ogref sounds for x#chop and x#cru in Xan's Turnip Quest.
  • Added imppp04.wav for BGEE (used by BG1NPC for Dynaheir Quest creatures).
  • Fixes for x#cutspy creating errors in BGEE.
  • Firebead book quest fixed for BGEE.
  • Fixed spell name for Imoen's Artifact in BGEE. (Mike1072)
  • Block Shar-Teel/Tiax banter until Chapter 4, since it references the Iron Throne.
  • Updated Tiax Quest bounty hunters scripts in BGEE (referenced script was for party-members in BGEE).
  • Replace references to BURN01.CRE (unavailable in BGEE) with new x#burn01.cre.
  • Update Jozzi Seasnake (#seasn) to use Nereid soundset (all platforms).
  • Reordered #keth dialog actions to place EscapeArea() command last.
  • Update x#garwyl to use GHAST sounds like a spectre (all platforms).
  • Moved location of Imanel Silversword in BGEE to not conflict with Dorn quest encounter.
  • Romance Challenges area files updated for BGEE.
  • Updated Dynaheir romance end-game cutscene script to not be Tutu-specific (i.e., allows for BGEE).
  • Added sounds from BG2 for "Stranger" in Dynaheir romance end-game cutscene in BGEE. (Thanks to Etamin, Isaya, and CrevsDaak for files)
  • Updated Open Cloakwood components to work in BGEE. (Isaya)
  • Updated Imoen's death variable in x#pcbury.d. (Jastey)
  • Updated Shar-Teel romance to NOT detect a Blackguard as a Paladin.
  • Reordered Dynaheir, Branwen, Coran, Xan, and Shar-Teel dream script triggers to prevent crashes when NPC is dead while resting. (Jastey)
  • Added NPC-only items (x#ajshld, p#bow) to item_use.2da in BGEE.
  • Minor dialog typo fixes (e.g., missing spaces).
  • Added polish language files. (Etamin)
  • Coran Wyvern quest fixes for BGEE
  • Pink Xan portrait updates for BGEE
  • BG1NPC romances won't start while CHARNAME is wearing the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity.
  • TRA converter script update
  • Ajantis Romance missing BG2 items fix for BGEE
  • Ajantis Romance/SCS Wait at Inns component incompatibility fix
  • FIXED: Alora starts in Gullykin AND the Hall of Wonders bug in BGEE
  • FIXED: Viconia interection with cultists
  • NEW for BGEE: Move NPC components for Eldoth, Quayle, and Tiax updated to work BGEE
  • NEW for BGEE: Banter Timing Tweak to adjust average time between dialog banters (replaces Compton's Banter Accelerator for BGEE)
  • Xan-Mulahey interjection fix
  • Colquetle Family Amulet Fix
  • Imoen-Gorion's Body dialog fix
  • Imoen no longer interrupts returning Brage to Nashkel
  • Kivan no longer attempts dialog with Tazok after he is dead
  • Updates to Dynaheir's Journal Quest, Jaheira's Quest, Garrick's Quest, and Montaron's interjection with Ender Sai to enable journal entries to work in BGEE
  • Updates for Coran Succubus Quest and Tiax's Quest to close open quests at conclusion
  • Moved Minsc/Dynaheir interjection with Thalantyr into a new stand-along banter with Dynaheir
  • BG1NPC Wait at Inns component now enabled for BGEE
  • German translation available (Teiluebersetzung vom Kerzenburgforum, teilweise noch in englisch)

NEW COMPONENT FOR BGEE:
Banter Timing Tweak - Utilizes the new BANTTIMG.2DA file available in BGEE to adjust banter dialog timings. This component replaces Compton's Banter Accelerator script for BGEE. It is not available for Tutu/BGT (Compton's Banter Accelerator remains available for Tutu/BGT). There are five timing options available:
[1] Normal banter timing (~27 minutes between banter dialogs)
[2] Faster banters (Banter dialogs occur ~50% faster)
[3] Very fast banters (Banter dialogs occur twice as fast)
[4] Slower banters (Banter dialogs occur ~50% slower)
[5] Very slow banters (Banter dialogs occur twice as slow)

INSTALLATION:
Download and unzip the archive. Copy the mod files to the directory/folder where the CHITIN.KEY file lives (depends on OS and download version). See the following links for more information on installing on your platform:
Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
NonnahswriterZanalinaJuliusBorisovRavenslightALIENCaloNordhummer010KavainSirK8nackedsnakeEtaminkaguanajackjackPibaroBalfuset790StradlinCrevsDaakThrasymachusXavioriasquarehead0booinyoureyesOxvaButtercheeselaptopman666lolienmodestvoltaArdulHeindrichdementedSorrowSeerIstvraeelminsterDexterBelgarathMTHGoturalMaxAraderAdulFredjoSchneidendSchopenhauerKirkor

Comments

• SoltraSoltra Member Posts: 19
    Their was a bug I found that might relate to this mod. When you try to talk to Montermon like when you talk to other party members, he yells "Good riddance to bad rubbish etc" and then leaves with Xzar, like when your rep gets too high. Might be from another mod, but this was the only mod I installed that affected party members.
    AstroBryGuy
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited June 2014
    @Soltra‌ - This is a bug in Montaron's dialog file in BGEE (#7233). His "break point" is set too high. It is fixed in v1.3.

Thanks for the report!
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @AstroBryGuy thank you for listening to my request for the new thread it will be a lot easier to follow after the update. :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • Rylorn23Rylorn23 Member Posts: 77
    @AstroBryGuy - Does this update also fixed the Shar-Teel's romance with the blackguard or do I have to use the cheat console?
    @Rylorn23‌ - Hopefully that is fixed.
    Rylorn23
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    It looks like your link to the prerelease is broken. It just opens a blank tab. I'm on iPad though. Is it something that should work on mobile?
    Quick update: There were missing spanish sound files for a "Stranger". I have updated the release with these files. This won't affect installs in other languages (so, no need to download/re-install).

@meagloth - It was a direct link to the zip file, which worked fine on a laptop. I have changed the link to the prerelease page on GitHub.
    jackjack
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Cool, it works now.
    AstroBryGuyjackjack
  • Balfuset790Balfuset790 Member Posts: 2
    So I recently came across this while searching generally for BG:EE modding things on the net and thought this sounded like a very cool mod - having come to BG:EE from BG2 all those years ago and feeling a little... disappointed by the lack of NPC interaction.

I'm curious - as I've yet to find anything - as to whether there's anything around on instructions for modding the Steam version of BG:EE and whether there are any difficulties in that regard compared to the non-Steam version. Most topics on the matter I've seen are over a year old or more!

Equally, are there any specific instructions for applying this pre-release to the Steam version, or is the executable clever enough to figure that out for itself?
    @Balfuset790‌ - The mod needs to be installed in the same directory as the chitin.key file.

I'm on OSX, so I can't verify this, but I think the directory you want is
    C:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\

Check that the file chitin.key is in that directory. Then, copy the contents of the zip archive (e.g., bg1npc.tp2, setup-bg1npc.exe, the README, and the bg1npc directory) to that directory. Next, double-click on the setup-bg1npc.exe program to install.
    jackjack
  • Balfuset790Balfuset790 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    Excellent, most helpful. Now hopefully that works through Wine on Linux XD

EDIT: Indeed it did, huzzah ^_^ Thanks @AstroBryGuy‌ !
    AstroBryGuyjackjackCrevsDaak
  • squarehead0squarehead0 Member Posts: 6
    @AstroBryGuy‌ How do i install this on OSX? Thanks in advance!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @squarehead0‌ use this guide (also by AstroBryGuy) to install in OS X.

@AstroBryGuy‌ I would add a link to your guide and the iPad one, since there are difficult-to-install-into platforms (for low-users, of course).
    jackjackAstroBryGuykaguanasquarehead0
  • squarehead0squarehead0 Member Posts: 6
    @CrevsDaak‌ Thanks!
    CrevsDaakAstroBryGuy
    CrevsDaak said:

@squarehead0‌ use this guide (also by AstroBryGuy) to install in OS X.

@AstroBryGuy‌ I would add a link to your guide and the iPad one, since there are difficult-to-install-into platforms (for low-users, of course).

Done.
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    Hello, nice to see a nice clean thread so i can follow whats going on with this mod, bgee is great on its own but it still feels dead without interaction among the party, thank you to everyone for their continued efforts on this project. also, im going to install the pre-release version now. am i in for a lot of bugs? :P or is it progressing well? @AstroBryGuy :)
    booinyoureyesAstroBryGuyjackjackCrevsDaak
    @laptopman666‌ - Reports (& my experience) are that it runs pretty well. However, I certainly won't guarantee a bug-free experience ;-).

Also, do note the KNOWN ISSUES outlined in the OP. Those are BGEE v1.2 bugs that have effects on the mod. Tests with the v1.3 beta indicate they will be fixed by the upcoming patch (until then, just work around them by not saving & reloading with dead NPCs in the party and don't PID Monty if you're semi-popular).

If you do run into a bug, please report it here. Thanks!
    jackjackkaguana
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    @AstroBryGuy hey thanks for the response, i did indeed make note of the known issues, and if anything pops up i sure will report it here, again, thanks to all involved with the coding and whatever else is being done for this project :) you guys rock
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    laptopman666
    edited June 2014
    @Sergio - What version of BGEE are you running? It looks like you might be running an older version of BGEE.

From your DEBUG file:
    [./chitin.key] loaded, 493798 bytes
    [./chitin.key] 195 BIFFs, 34857 resources
    From a vanilla v1.2:
    [./chitin.key] 197 BIFFs, 35164 resources
    If item_use.2da was added in version 1.2, that would explain the error.

EDIT: It looks like item_use.2da was added in build 2017, the build prior to v1.2 was 2014, I think. So if you are running the pre-v1.2 BGEE, that would explain the error.
    Erg[Deleted User]jackjacklaptopman666
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    laptopman666AstroBryGuy
    @Sergio - Sorry, I only know as much about v1.3 as @Dee posts in the "Road to v1.3" thread.
    laptopman666jackjackkaguana
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    laptopman666
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited June 2014
    I don't know if someone already reported this bug but here you go:

I installed the mod and started a new game but I don't get any character response sounds.
    The do work the character sounds screen (where you customize them) but not in game.
    I checked to options, character sounds are enabled and they also still work in older safegames.

Any ideas what the problem could be or how I can fix this?

PS: Looks like this only applies to Charname and some random NPC's ambient voices.
    Dialouge voices seem to work properly.
    Post edited by Buttercheese on
    @Buttercheese - Are you referring to character selection sounds, battle cries, etc..? BG1NPC doesn't change those, so I'm not sure how it would be affecting them. If you're referring to characters' lines being un-voiced, well, none of the material from BG1NPC has voiced dialog.

Are you using a custom sound set for CHARNAME? Do you have any other mods installed?
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @AstroBryGuy‌
    I mean the first one. I don't have any other mods installed (if some custom portraits don't count and I am indeed using custom soundsets though I also tried the official ones, which don't work as well :/ It's really weird, it only affects the savegames I made after I installed the mod. And not just those, also a few NPCs remain silent occassionally (such as the chanters in candlekeep).
    But yeah, it's really a minor issue, concentrate on the bigger stuff first UvU

While we are at it, have there been any dialouges for the new NPCs added?
    AstroBryGuy
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    That's because you're using the default voices, right? If you have the 1.3 beta, try copying/extracting them from the game and drop them in the Sounds folder in Resources/lang/whateverlanguageyouuse/Sounds, that should make them work.
    AstroBryGuyjackjackButtercheese
    edited June 2014
    @Buttercheese‌ - Content-wise, BG1NPC is done. Only bug fixes and compatibility changes are being made. No new content for the new BGEE NPCs.
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    jackjackkaguanaButtercheeseOxva
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.