Skip to content

BG1NPC for BGEE Prerelease - UPDATE v21-PR_20150131

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

I'm sorry to say this but I got another error when I was installing SCS after NPC Project fix pack.

When I compare former error and new one, There is no error line which 'identify nonexistent weapon Bow19.itm' but 'Tried to identify nonexistent ammo fatal error' is still remains.

So I'll attach SCS debug files again.

I'm really sorry I'm bothering you.

Looks like SCS is expecting some kind of ammunition to be equipped, despite the Bow of Gesen being one of those that doesn't require ammo.

I updated the code to give the CRE some ammo.

Let me know if this works: https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/archive/master.zip
    Auron said:

I fix the problem Astro, reinstalled the game. SCS in English and BGTweaks in English (I see some things in english buts thats no problem). No more crash in the fight with Nimbul.

Can i install BG1NPC in spanish? Thanks for all. EDIT: Already installed all seems is allright.

A minor bug appeared when i installed BG1NPC:

As can you see Ajantis dont have the dialogues for send him to Inns. (SCS content)

http://imgur.com/69jFXiC

Branwen, Dynaheir, Xan, Kivan, Khalid, Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen and Garrick seems works: (no more npcs tested)

http://imgur.com/g8OYi95

Thanks and sorry for bothering you.

It looks like you're in a romance with Ajantis. The Ajantis Romance component replaces the default rejoining interaction with Ajantis if you were in a romance with him when he was dismissed from the party.

SCS has no way of knowing the proper dialog state for this interaction, so it doesn't get picked up by the Wait at Inns component.
  • BlackskullBlackskull Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2014
    I'm REALLY sorry to say like this but I got an error again.

I've encountered another error concerned with nonexistent weapon(not a bow19.itm or ammo).

Please refer to attached .zip file.

But there is good news!!! I FINALLY found a cause!!!

That's because of unicode!!! I've tested about three times by excluding my mods one by one but I couldn't solve SCS errors.

But when I changed my unicode from Korean to English and installed NPC Project with SCS, SCS was installed perfectly!!! Hurray!!!

I didn't test, however, playing BG1EE with Korean unicode after installing SCS with English unicode.

So I think you have to fix some factors of mod for Korean users. You know that? Korean users love your mod very much and they even translate your mod to korean by referring to English and Japanese!

Anyway, I'm very glad that we found the cause at last.

I'm sorry for Gorion but I don't wanna see Gorion's death any more.
    kaguana
  • AuronAuron Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the explanation Astro :) (already fixed via console). And thanks for your work with NPC mod, really appreciated.
    jackjackAstroBryGuy

I've encountered another error concerned with nonexistent weapon(not a bow19.itm or ammo).

That's because of unicode!!! I've tested about three times by excluding my mods one by one but I couldn't solve SCS errors.

But when I changed my unicode from Korean to English and installed NPC Project with SCS, SCS was installed perfectly!!! Hurray!!!

I didn't test, however, playing BG1EE with Korean unicode after installing SCS with English unicode.

So I think you have to fix some factors of mod for Korean users. You know that? Korean users love your mod very much and they even translate your mod to korean by referring to English and Japanese!

The CRE in question here simply doesn't have a weapon. SCS is issuing a warning about that, but that wouldn't normally cause a crash.

Were you installing SCS in Korean after installing BG1NPC in English? Then, switching SCS to English fixed the issues? Is that what happened? I'm trying to understand the issue. BG1NPC should be using UTF-8 Unicode when it installs. What encoding does the Korean version of BGEE use?
    edited July 2014

The CRE in question here simply doesn't have a weapon. SCS is issuing a warning about that, but that wouldn't normally cause a crash.

Were you installing SCS in Korean after installing BG1NPC in English? Then, switching SCS to English fixed the issues? Is that what happened? I'm trying to understand the issue. BG1NPC should be using UTF-8 Unicode when it installs. What encoding does the Korean version of BGEE use?

Nope. I've installed BG1NPC and SCS in English. But I've adjusted Weidu's dialog.tlk(when I have to choose installing BG1 mods firstly) language in Korean.

That is, I'm using ALL mods in English but my playing circumstance of BG1EE is Korean.

This installing method doesn't make any error until now except for SCS with NPC Project.

The unicode changing which I mentioned above is not concerned with the mods directly. I've changed the unicode on my computer's control panel. That is, I've changed my windows 7 language from Korean to English for a temporary work.

And Korean BGT or BGTOT using ANSI but BG1EE using Korean in UTF-8(NO BOM). In other words, BG1EE in Korean isn't compatible with mods which using ANSI encoding.

But it is strange. When I checked up on your english .tra files(which I'm using when installing your mod), almost of them are using UTF-8(NO BOM) but some of them are ANSI(e.g. x#faldorn.tra). I'm not sure these files make errors with SCS, however, yet maybe those are involved)

Nevertheless, if your mod has ANSI .tra files, It is to be excepted that I have to get an error and installation process must be stopped when I'm installing NPC Project but it doesn't. why it has an error only with SCS? And why SCS was installed successfully with NPC Project when I've changed my windows' unicode from korean to English though I'm using ko_kr dialog.tlk as ever?

Lastly, I checked up on SCS tra files, too. SCS has two kinds of tra files for BGT or BGTOT and BG1EE. And BG1EE tra files are adjusted in UTF-8(NO BOM) regardless of languages.

Post edited by Blackskull on
    edited July 2014

Nope. I've installed BG1NPC and SCS in English. But I've adjusted Weidu's dialog.tlk(when I have to choose installing BG1 mods firstly) language in Korean.

That is, I'm using ALL mods in English but my playing circumstance of BG1EE is Korean.

This installing method doesn't make any error until now except for SCS with NPC Project.

The unicode changing which I mentioned above is not concerned with the mods directly. I've changed the unicode on my computer's control panel. That is, I've changed my windows 7 language from Korean to English for a temporary work.

And Korean BGT or BGTOT using ANSI but BG1EE using Korean in UTF-8(NO BOM). In other words, BG1EE in Korean isn't compatible with mods which using ANSI encoding.

But it is strange. When I checked up on your english .tra files(which I'm using when installing your mod), almost of them are using UTF-8(NO BOM) but some of them are ANSI(e.g. x#faldorn.tra). I'm not sure these files make errors with SCS, however, yet maybe those are involved)

Nevertheless, if your mod has ANSI .tra files, It is to be excepted that I have to get an error and installation process must be stopped when I'm installing NPC Project but it doesn't. why it has an error only with SCS? And why SCS was installed successfully with NPC Project when I've changed my windows' unicode from korean to English though I'm using ko_kr dialog.tlk as ever?

Lastly, I checked up on SCS tra files, too. SCS has two kinds of tra files for BGT or BGTOT and BG1EE. And BG1EE tra files are adjusted in UTF-8(NO BOM) regardless of languages.
    BG1NPC converts the tra files to UTF-8 at installation on BGEE using iconv (a Windows version of iconv.exe is shipped with the mod). That way, only one copy of the tra files needs to be maintained for each language, which simplifies maintenance and keeps the size of the mod down (the tra files are more than 50% of the mod's file space usage).

I have no idea why changing your Windows character set from Korean Unicode to English Unicode would affect the mod installation. Someone with a greater knowledge of the differences between various types of Unicode might have an insight into that.

BG1NPC converts the tra files to UTF-8 at installation on BGEE using iconv (a Windows version of iconv.exe is shipped with the mod). That way, only one copy of the tra files needs to be maintained for each language, which simplifies maintenance and keeps the size of the mod down (the tra files are more than 50% of the mod's file space usage).

I have no idea why changing your Windows character set from Korean Unicode to English Unicode would affect the mod installation. Someone with a greater knowledge of the differences between various types of Unicode might have an insight into that.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't know a solution either.

Anyway, Korean users can install your mod by changing windows' unicode :)
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    How is the latest pre-release version of BG1 NPC Project is working for the moment (with BG:EE)?
    (can it be play with comfort or waiting is better solution?)
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144

@SorrowSeer‌ - I'll let others opine on playability, but I hope most of the major issues are taken care of. :-)

I'm preparing a new pre-release to take care of a couple minor bugs that have been recently identified. I think some people may be waiting for v1.3 to drop before starting a new playthrough. So, there may be an upswing in bug reports once it's released.

If you want to test various NPC quests during a playthrough, there are notes on each NPC quest here:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-bg1npc.html#notes

The notes are "spoiler protected" so you can reveal information about the quests a bit at a time to verify that the quest is working properly.

Thank you for your answer.
    edited July 2014
    The prerelease is updated to fix some minor bugs:

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/releases/tag/v21-PR_20140710

NEW TRA converter script no longer stops on unconvertible characters
    NEW Fix for missing BG2 items in Ajantis Romance
    NEW Ajantis Romance/SCS Wait at Inns component incompatibility fix

The first post of the thread is updated.
    HeindrichJuliusBorisovkaguanaAuron
  • AuronAuron Member Posts: 8
    Thanks!!! :D
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    Is there a method for update or just copy the new file and reinstall?
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Awesome mod, but I can't get my romance with Shar-Teel started.
    http://www.davelevy.info/Downloads/mBN_RG_SharTeel.html#aj_gn
    Recruited her at rep 8 and tried to hold my rep 6-9, still nothing.
    Neutral Evil Elf 17 STR 18 CHA...

Pity (
    Fina92
    @DarkDogg - Have you had the dialog with her that starts:

"I would never have joined a group led by a male, if I hadn't lost that fight. But I must admit, for a male, you're almost decent. Our actions are profitable and bloody."

If so, what was your response? If not, trying resting in a forest.

If you can use the CLUA Console, you can check some variables:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("x#shmale","GLOBAL")
    CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("x#SharInterest","GLOBAL")
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @Darkwood what's supposed to happen after the rest in the forrest? Any clues you can give would help!
    edited July 2014
    @JosefineS‌ - Well, after Shar-Teel says the line in the spoiler above, it depends on CHARNAME's Charisma and choice of response. Assuming CHARNAME has decent charisma and makes the appropriate choice, Shar-Teel says...

"You're strong, as well. And easy to look at. Why don't you take off your clothes and let me see if you feel as good as you look?"

I'll leave it to your imagination as to what happens next...
    jackjackkaguanaHeindrich
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AstroBryGuy
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited July 2014
    Hi, thank you so much for your hard work. I've been waiting for this mod since EE was released. I just decided to jump in and install the latest beta version. I'm working on finishing up a run with six custom characters, but I'll be looking forward to going back and running with the canon party so I can both test and enjoy.

I just got the harp of confusion for my bard by listening to the lake poets' recital. I installed the mod just before my party entered the Peldvale. That was awesome to see.
    jackjackAstroBryGuyItomon
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Should Alora appear twice when one change her place of starting point ? cos that what happening in my current game, I Use the option to get her earlier in the game then in BG city and when I got to make the quest inside the Hell of wonders I meet her all over again. I attach the save file just in case.
    kaguana said:

Should Alora appear twice when one change her place of starting point ? cos that what happening in my current game, I Use the option to get her earlier in the game then in BG city and when I got to make the quest inside the Hell of wonders I meet her all over again. I attach the save file just in case.

No. It looks like I'll need to tweak the code to remove her from the Hall of Wonders.
    @AstroBryGuy Good luck on that :)
    AstroBryGuy
    I've got a fix posted to GitHub. It will be included in the next pre-release. For now, it's available at:

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/archive/master.zip

This fix REQUIRES starting a new game to take effect. It edits Alora's location in the BALDUR.GAM file. So, the change won't apply to any saved games already in progress.
    kaguanajackjackCrevsDaak

I've got a fix posted to GitHub. It will be included in the next pre-release. For now, it's available at:

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/archive/master.zip

This fix REQUIRES starting a new game to take effect. It edits Alora's location in the BALDUR.GAM file. So, the change won't apply to any saved games already in progress.

Thank you I'll try it on my next round :)
    edited July 2014
    Hey everybody, I'm working on a banter timing tweak component for BG1NPC (it would replace the banter accelerator for BGEE). There are two parameters that control the timings of banters: (1) the frequency of when the system does a 'banter check' and (2) the probability that a banter check fires a banter.

I wanted to see which method users prefer for selecting banter timing:

1) User chooses both parameters independently. This option allows the user the most control, but it is also potenitally the more confusing option. The user needs to understand what he/she is doing, or one can easily have the banters firing constantly (frequent banter checks with high probability) or almost never (infrequent checks with low probablity).

2) User is given a single list of options for overall banter timing (e.g., 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, etc.. average time between banters). This option is simpler for the user, but it takes away some flexibility.

Which method would users prefer?
    Yeah I think @shawne is right it better to keep it simple and friendly to the user.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    Can you go into more detail on the complicated method? I want to make sure I understand the option fully before I give a preference.
This discussion has been closed.