Skip to content

BG1NPC for BGEE Prerelease - UPDATE v21-PR_20150131

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Kazic - Yep. Viconia interjected on the conversation with Tracea, and Tracea's actions were transferred to Viconia. I'll have to add a passback to Tracea.

Thanks for the bug report.
    jackjack
  • KazicKazic Member Posts: 2

@Kazic - Yep. Viconia interjected on the conversation with Tracea, and Tracea's actions were transferred to Viconia. I'll have to add a passback to Tracea.

Thanks for the bug report.

No problem, was waiting since BG:EE came out for this mod to get going and finally took the dive, this is the only issue I've run into in the 60 or so hours I've been playing this time through. Great job on the part of yourself and those who worked on it before.
    AstroBryGuy
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Currently, only Alora is active, and she's bugged.

What's bugged about her?
    edited August 2014
    She can appear in both Gullykin and the Hall of Wonders. She wasn't being properly removed from the Hall of Wonders.

EDIT: Just posted a prerelease version with the fix.
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    jackjackkaguana
    edited August 2014
    Hey all,

I've updated the pre-release with a few bugfixes and a some other goodies. First post is updated.

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/releases/tag/v21-PR_20140806

Updates:
    • Corrected translations for Ajantis Romance/SCS Wait at Inns component incompatibility fix. Thanks to @Isaya (French), @CrevsDaak‌ (Spanish), and @Etamin (Polish)
    • FIXED: Alora starts in Gullykin AND the Hall of Wonders bug. Thanks to @kaguana‌ for finding this bug.
    • FIXED: Viconia interjection with cultists. Thanks to @Kazic for finding this bug.
    • NEW for BGEE: Move NPC components for Eldoth, Quayle, and Tiax updated to work in BGEE
    • NEW for BGEE: Banter Timing Tweak to adjust average time between dialog banters (replaces Compton's Banter Accelerator for BGEE)
    The Banter Timing Tweak utilizes the new BANTTIMG.2DA file available in BGEE to adjust banter dialog timings. This component replaces Compton's Banter Accelerator script for BGEE. It is not available for Tutu/BGT (Compton's Banter Accelerator remains available for Tutu/BGT). There are five timing options available:
    [1] Normal banter timing (~27 minutes between banter dialogs)
    [2] Faster banters (Banter dialogs occur ~50% faster)
    [3] Very fast banters (Banter dialogs occur twice as fast)
    [4] Slower banters (Banter dialogs occur ~50% slower)
    [5] Very slow banters (Banter dialogs occur twice as slow)

EDIT: One more thing - the Banter Timing Tweak installation text needs translation. It's lines @1123 - @1130 of setup.tra.

EDIT: And another - The Move NPC components REQUIRE a new game.
    jackjackSharGuidesMyHandCrevsDaak
    edited August 2014

jackjackCrevsDaakAstroBryGuy
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited August 2014
    @AstroBryGuy thank you very much for this update :)
    I was waiting for moving Quayle so I can get him earlier, now all got left is to wait for 1.3v to start a new run.
    AstroBryGuy

Sorry, no way around that. The Move NPC components edit the BALDUR.GAM file, so they won't apply to any saved game already in progress.
    jackjack
    edited August 2014
    The latest pre-release of BG1NPC has a new Banter Timing Tweak. The installation text is currently written in English, and I need some help with translating it for other languages.

If you can translate these lines into spanish, french, or polish, I would be most grateful if you'd post the translation here.

Thanks!

Here's the lines to be translated:

@1123 = ~BGEE Banter Timing Tweak~
    @1124 = ~You already have the Banter Timing Tweak installed.~
    @1125 = "Please select one of the following options for banter timing:
    [5] Very slow banters (Banter dialogs occur twice as slow)"
    @1126 = ~Banter Timing: Normal~
    @1127 = ~Banter Timing: Fast~
    @1128 = ~Banter Timing: Very fast~
    @1129 = ~Banter Timing: Slow~
    @1130 = ~Banter Timing: Very slow~

Another line for the added passback to fix the Viconia interjection bug:
    @1013 = ~Kill them!~

I used another line of dialog that started with "Kill them!" and just removed the sentences that followed. However, if the text can be improved, let me know.

French: @1013 = ~Tuez-les !~
    Spanish: @1013 = ~¡Matadlos!~
    Polish: @1013 = ~Zabić ich!~

EDIT: French translation completed by @Isaya!
    jackjack
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @AstroBryGuy‌ I updated the setup.tra for French and uploaded it through Git.
    "Tuez-les !" is perfect.
    Nice work on this update.
    AstroBryGuy
    Isaya said:

@AstroBryGuy‌ I updated the setup.tra for French and uploaded it through Git.
    "Tuez-les !" is perfect.
    Nice work on this update.

Awesome! Merged on Github. Thanks!

The Banter Timing Tweak utilizes the new BANTTIMG.2DA file available in BGEE to adjust banter dialog timings. This component replaces Compton's Banter Accelerator script for BGEE. It is not available for Tutu/BGT (Compton's Banter Accelerator remains available for Tutu/BGT). There are five timing options available:

If I don't install the "banters component" of the NPC Project, will these tweaks still apply to the game's original, vanilla banters?

If I don't install the "banters component" of the NPC Project, will these tweaks still apply to the game's original, vanilla banters?
    Yes. It will speed up or slow down the vanilla banter dialogs.
    SharGuidesMyHand
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    I installed the new version this evening, the install process still said 1 hr for normal banter.

I installed the new version this evening, the install process still said 1 hr for normal banter.

I think you're looking at the romance lovetalk timings. The banter timing tweak doesn't affect those; it only affects the timing of banter dialogs. The romances still have the same timing options as before.

Yes. It will speed up or slow down the vanilla banter dialogs.
    Thanks!

Maybe this is somewhat off topic, but is there a timer associated with Eldoth's quest to get Skie?
    AstroBryGuy
    edited August 2014

Maybe this is somewhat off topic, but is there a timer associated with Eldoth's quest to get Skie?

No, Eldoth has no timer. If you're thinking about using the EldothMove component, don't worry.
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    In what order should I install this mod? I currently have (in order of installation):

- BG2 Tweak pack
    - Sword Coast Stratagems
    - BP Series AI Scripts
    - Wizard Slayer Rebalancing
    - aTweaks
    - NPC Tools (to give class kits to some NPCs)
    Based on @cmorgan's Mod Install Order guide:

BG1NPC
    Wizard Slayer Rebalancing
    BP Series AI
    BG2 Tweaks
    SCS
    aTweaks

Never heard of "NPC Tools" - Do you mean the "giving NPCs classkits" mod?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12326/mod-giving-npcs-classkits-tool-version-alpha-6-mod-version-1-7/p1

If so, I think it works by copying files to the override directory, so it should go first.
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55

Based on @cmorgan's Mod Install Order guide:

BG1NPC
    Wizard Slayer Rebalancing
    BP Series AI
    BG2 Tweaks
    SCS
    aTweaks

Never heard of "NPC Tools" - Do you mean the "giving NPCs classkits" mod?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12326/mod-giving-npcs-classkits-tool-version-alpha-6-mod-version-1-7/p1

If so, I think it works by copying files to the override directory, so it should go first.

Yeah, it's giving NPC classkit.

Thanks for the help! I'll reinstall the mods in this order and use your new release of BG1NPC
    edited August 2014
    Ahhh ? I install the new release of this mod without uninstall reinstall the mods I have tho I don't have all what @PeLLeT_RSD have, I do have BG2 tweaks and it work fine.
    kaguana said:

Ahhh ? I install the new release of this mod without uninstall reinstall the mods I have tho I don't have all what @PeLLeT_RSD have, I do have BG2 tweaks and it work fine.

The rule-of-thumb is that SCS and aTweaks should go last (or very nearly last). That's probably the most important thing.
    edited August 2014
    Well ok I'll remember it if I'll use any of those.

Now where is this patch... I'm ready to go for another run (not that I have the time but well learning all the time is no fun)
  • windspinwindspin Member Posts: 20
    Good Afternoon folks,

Forgive me if I sound ignorant as this is my first post and I am not entirely well-versed in the act of modding.

I have only recently discovered and become a BG enthusiast with the purchase of BG:EE. I do plan to collect BG2:EE soon enough.

I have been successfully using SCS and BG2Tweaks on the first bit of my playthru, and realized the potential for greatness and the glorious time-sink that is about to come. I saw this mod, what people were saying, and luck be a lady I had to have it.

Long story short; this mod, when installed into Steam/Steamapps/BGEE gives me an error that reads "This mod should be installed into your BG2, Tutu, Easytutu, or BGT folder after BGTutu conversion)

Note that this is the same directly where I have correctly installed BG2Tweaks and SCS.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for any help! I am going on 27 and I've the excitement of a child for this. Certainly it would still be a great playthru without this addition. But it comes too highly rated.

Thanks for any tips!
    @windspin - Based on the error message, you downloaded v20 from the Gibberlings3 site. The latest official release is not BGEE compatible. You need the v21 pre-release for BGEE compatibility. You can download it here (or check the first post of this thread):

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/releases
    jackjackkaguanawindspin
    @AstroBryGuy‌ - hey thanks for getting back to me... So you were right, I was downloading the wrong file.

I ended up with the correct file, but now getting an installation error that reads.

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:
    dialog.tlk

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

I have been trying to learn more about this by fishing with google, and it appears to be a game file, rather than a mod file. Which made me think I may have been installing it awkwardly ? Or perhaps that I needed to purchase BG2 first if the installation has any update components for BG1 but that didn't make as much sense.

Here are the directories I have extracted to;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

and I see the chitin.key in this folder, but I cannot seem to locate this DIALOG.TLK.

and it also says Don't Run Setup from Archive. What's an archive? Should I move the setup.exe to the desktop perhaps? I am pretty sure this is right spot because it requires that chitin.key to run.

If you have any thoughts please send them my way. You owe me nothing, so I thank you in advance!
    edited August 2014
    I seem to have proceeded a little farther, running the setup and getting into the dos commands to installation. Here is what I stumbled into;

Choose your language:
    0 [English]
    1 [Espanol (traducido por Clan DLAN)]
    2 [Francais (traduit par les d'Oghmatiques)]
    3 [Polski]
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files

Please choose the language in which you wish to play the game.
    If you later wish to play the game in a different language you will need to edit the file weidu.conf and reinstall your mods.
    0 [Czech]
    1 [German]
    2 [English]
    3 [Spanish]
    4 [French]
    5 [Italian]
    6 [Japanese]
    7 [Korean]
    8 [Polish]
    9 [Portuguese]
    10 [Turkish]
    11 [Simplified Chinese]
    [lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] loaded, 4582838 bytes
    [lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] 32302 string entries

Using lang\en_us/dialog.tlk

Couldn't open the readme: file not found.
    ERROR: No translation provided for @1006
    Continuing despite error.

Would you like to display the components from [UNDEFINED STRING: @1006]?
    [Y]es, [N]o? ERROR: No translation provided for @1008

Would you like to display the components from [UNDEFINED STRING: @1008]?
    [Y]es, [N]o? ERROR: No translation provided for @1010

Would you like to display the components from [UNDEFINED STRING: @1010]?
    [Y]es, [N]o? ERROR: No translation provided for @1065

Would you like to display the components from [UNDEFINED STRING: @1065]?
    [Y]es, [N]o? ERROR: No translation provided for @1005

At this point it's more of the same -

Edit: I have done a complete uninstall, then removed/deleted all folders and files, then reinstalled to make sure the directory was sound. Same issue, then after seeing the issue tried to install BGTweaks and SCS as a test and they have successfully installed
    Post edited by windspin on
    Sounds like the mod files ended up in a wrong directory (probably in a subdirectory).

When you unzip the mod archive, it will create a directory "BG1NPC-21-PR_20140816a". Copy the contents of this directory to the directory where the CHITIN.KEY file lives, i.e. in the directory with the CHITIN.KEY file, there should be the following files:

bg1npc/ (a directory)
    bg1npc.tp2
    setup-bg1npc.exe
    kaguanajackjack
    @AstroBryGuy‌

Thanks for your help! I've gotten it all installed proper & played a few hours last night. I love it. The next couple months are going to be epic!

*sounds warhorn*
    AstroBryGuyjackjackkaguana
    @kaguana‌ @jackjack‌

I'm taking a look at journal entries in BG1NPC. As far as I can tell, they shouldn't be working since BG1NPC hasn't been updated to use the new WeiDU journal functions for BGEE.

Is that accurate in your experiences?
This discussion has been closed.