Skip to content

BG1NPC for BGEE Prerelease - UPDATE v21-PR_20150131

Comments

• EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    I just checked Xan in Nashkel mines. Everything was working fine for me - i killed Mulahey, talked to Xan and recruit him. No strange conversation. After 1 min i sent him to Nashkel inn.
    Do you plan to hotfix those empty "continue" bars? It's not game breaking but i like flawless play :) And what about "NPC wait in inn" component. It's disabled now. Do you plan to fix it?
    AstroBryGuy
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @kaguana‌ - That's the issue I mentioned above with Xan. His interjection is copying a command from Mulahey and it's making him turn neutral after his second interjection.

This issue is hotfixed at https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/archive/master.zip
    edited September 2014
    Etamin said:

I just checked Xan in Nashkel mines. Everything was working fine for me - i killed Mulahey, talked to Xan and recruit him. No strange conversation. After 1 min i sent him to Nashkel inn.
    Do you plan to hotfix those empty "continue" bars? It's not game breaking but i like flawless play :) And what about "NPC wait in inn" component. It's disabled now. Do you plan to fix it?

Franpa reports the same issue with no mods installed. I'll keep looking into it, but this might not be caused by BG1NPC.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/539835#Comment_539835

BG1NPC's Wait at Inns component is a few thousand lines of hardcoded references to Tutu. I'd like to look at converting it someday, but it's going to be a while.
    jackjack
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @AstroBryGuy Thank you :) (not that I use Xan a lot just test him )

And yeah I saw some blank bars not in the mod dialog as well, not many tho
    AstroBryGuy
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Demiurge said:

after updating to 1.3 I get this error when a banter happens or even when I manually speak to one of my group like Imoen for example:

Imoen: Invalid: 58757

1: Invalid: 58758
    2: Invalid: 58759
    3: Invalid: 58764
    4: Invalid: 58765
    5: Invalid: 58766

I am also having this issue, even after reinstalling the mod. It has only been happening since updating to 1.3
    Should I do a complete reinstall of the game? (I'd like to avoid doing so if possible, obviously).
    @jackjack - When you reinstalled the mod, did you do "setup-bg1npc --reinstall"? If you re-ran the installer and selected "No Change" for each component, then it wouldn't reapply the strings to the dialog.tlk file.
    jackjackCrevsDaak

@SharGuidesMyHand‌ - Do you have a save game I could look at? I'm guessing that there is an issue with Xan's romance timer. It must not be getting reset, so it's constantly expired and firing romance dialogs.

Actually, I might want to take a look at the XANJ.DLG file in your override folder too.

The attachment below includes a series of saves spanning from just before I picked up Xan through his exit, and also the override file.

On the plus side, I still have Ajantis to look forward to.

I doubt that there was going to be much future between Xan and my Amazonian barbarian anyway. ;-)

Xan's dialog file appears to be missing entries. I see the variable in your saved game that says the Xan interjections with Mulahey tried to occur, but I can't find the corresponding entries in the XANJ.DLG file. It would explain why the minions never appeared. Xan's interjection never passed back to Mulahey (since it went to a random romance dialog), so his minions don't summon.

Appears to be a problem with the installation. Are you running the latest prelease? Can you post a copy of your SETUP-BG1NPC.debug file?
  • mattastrophicmattastrophic Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2014
    Hi Astro,

I am having the exact same problem as jackjack above. I just reinstalled the mod using the --reinstall command, and the error continues to come up when I speak to Imoen.

If it helps, my mod install order was: BG1NPC, BG1NPC Music Pack, Sword Coast Strategems.

I am also playing multiplayer, and the host is having the issue.

Any idea of what's going on?

Thanks,
    -Matt
    jackjack
    edited September 2014

@jackjack - When you reinstalled the mod, did you do "setup-bg1npc --reinstall"? If you re-ran the installer and selected "No Change" for each component, then it wouldn't reapply the strings to the dialog.tlk file.

I am 99% sure I selected "reinstall" for everything, but I will try again to be certain.
    Edit: in the interests of testing, this is the only mod I have installed.
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    @AstroBryGuy‌

I'm actually using Xan in this playthrough and haven't had a problem with him so far, I don't think I'm romancable though so that may have something to do with it?
    jackjack said:

I am 99% sure I selected "reinstall" for everything, but I will try again to be certain.
    Edit: in the interests of testing, this is the only mod I have installed.
    @jackjack‌, @mattastrophic‌ - Can you post your SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG files?

If I understand you both, it sounds like you applied the v1.3 patch with BG1NPC installed and then tried to update the BG1NPC install. I'm not sure why it's not working, but it appears that your dialog.tlk file is missing strings from BG1NPC, hence the Invalid string references. You may have to repair your install and restart from a fresh v1.3.
    jackjack

Hi Astro,

I am having the exact same problem as jackjack above. I just reinstalled the mod using the --reinstall command, and the error continues to come up when I speak to Imoen.

If it helps, my mod install order was: BG1NPC, BG1NPC Music Pack, Sword Coast Strategems.

I am also playing multiplayer, and the host is having the issue.

Any idea of what's going on?

Thanks,
    -Matt

@mattastrophic‌ - Does your host have those same mods installed? If you're doing multiplayer with mods, all players need to have the same mods installed (and the same components).

If you have mods installed and the host doesn't, there are going to be problems.
    jackjackkaguana
    Both the host and the guest have an identical mod setup. I even compared our weidu.txt files side-by-side to ensure that all options chosen were identical before we started our multiplayer session.

What ends up happening is that the host receives the "Invalid: xxxxx" error, and all the dialog options are blank, while the guest is receiving all the dialog with all the options... even though both host and guest have an identical setup. This occurs when the host is the one to initiate a chat with Imoen.

I can also confirm that v1.3 was downloaded and installed before the mods were applied.

When I get a chance, I'll get the SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG and post. Should I go ahead and do a fresh reinstall anyways?

-Matt
    @AstroBryGuy‌
    Here is my debug file. If you look at it and think a repair or reinstall is needed, that's what I'll do. I've got all the portraits and save games backed up just in case.
    @mattastrophic‌ - Does the mod work for both the host and guest in single-player games?
    kaguana
    I'll do a test as soon as I can for the host. I know that the mod works correctly for the guest in single-player.

-Matt
  • Bug: After finding Gorion's body at the beginning of the game and taking the note from his remains, if you drop the note before Imoen has a chance to initiate a conversation with you (I copied it to my journal and dropped it before leaving the inventory screen), she'll constantly try to talk to you, but only bring up options from player-initiated dialog. I managed to get things back on track by picking the note back up.
    AstroBryGuy
    edited September 2014
    jackjack said:

@AstroBryGuy‌
    Here is my debug file. If you look at it and think a repair or reinstall is needed, that's what I'll do. I've got all the portraits and save games backed up just in case.

@jackjack - Are you playing in english or spanish? I noted that you are selected english for the language to install BG1NPC, which make me think you're playing in english. However, the dialog.tlk being installed to is the spanish one.
    WeiDU v 23600 Log

C:\Games\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\setup-bg1npc.exe
    [./chitin.key] loaded, 495088 bytes
    [./chitin.key] 73 BIFFs, 35212 resources
    [.\weidu.conf] loaded, 17 bytes
    [lang\es_es/dialog.tlk] loaded, 9094089 bytes
    [lang\es_es/dialog.tlk] 62918 string entries
    [lang\es_es/dialogF.tlk] loaded, 9095081 bytes
    [lang\es_es/dialogF.tlk] 62918 string entries
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [bg1npc/tra/english/setup.tra] has 134 translation strings

Using lang\es_es/dialog.tlk and lang\es_es/dialogF.tlk
    If you accidentally installed BG1NPC to the spanish dialog.tlk but are playing in english, that would certainly explain the problem.
    jackjack
    I'm almost positive I selected English. I know only rudimentary Spanish at best. I will try a repair install and let you know how it goes.
    CrevsDaak
    jackjack said:

I'm almost positive I selected English. I know only rudimentary Spanish at best. I will try a repair install and let you know how it goes.

You must have accidentally selected spanish when you first ran WeiDU, this picks the dialog.tlk file WeiDU will use, and it's only asked the first time you run WeiDU.

There is a file weidu.conf. If you open it, it should have a line "lang_dir". My guess is that yours will say:
    lang_dir = es_es
    Change it to:
    lang_dir = en_us
    Then run setup-bg1npc --reinstall
    jackjack
    Kaigen said:

Bug: After finding Gorion's body at the beginning of the game and taking the note from his remains, if you drop the note before Imoen has a chance to initiate a conversation with you (I copied it to my journal and dropped it before leaving the inventory screen), she'll constantly try to talk to you, but only bring up options from player-initiated dialog. I managed to get things back on track by picking the note back up.

Thanks, @Kaigen‌ - I'll look at that and what I can do to avoid the issue. You're just too quick for Imoen!
  • @AstroBryGuy I also ran into an issue during the Brage sidequest. Brage engaged just as I killed Laryssa, and after concluding the conversation with him, Imoen started her dialog talking about how bad she feels about having to kill Laryssa, which interrupted the teleport to the temple in Nashkel. Talking to Brage or manually traveling to the temple didn't fix things, but reloading and ensuring that Imoen's dialog fires before Brage enters the scene causes everything to work fine.
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    edited September 2014
    This maybe isn't completely related to this thread, but the Music Pack doesn't seem to be working for me. I installed all tracks but all of the romance talks have been in silence.

I thought it was also messing up combat music, but that seems to be an existing problem in 1.3
    Post edited by Jairyanna on
    @Jairyanna‌ - Which romance is not having music? Also, can you post a copy of the SETUP-BG1NPCMUSIC.DEBUG file?
    Jairyanna
    @AstroBryGuy‌ That worked perfectly, thank you!
    kaguanaAstroBryGuy
    Kaigen said:

@AstroBryGuy I also ran into an issue during the Brage sidequest. Brage engaged just as I killed Laryssa, and after concluding the conversation with him, Imoen started her dialog talking about how bad she feels about having to kill Laryssa, which interrupted the teleport to the temple in Nashkel. Talking to Brage or manually traveling to the temple didn't fix things, but reloading and ensuring that Imoen's dialog fires before Brage enters the scene causes everything to work fine.

There's a ClearAllActions in Brage's dialog, and then it goes to CutSceneMode. I wonder if Imoen's script block is sneaking in after the ClearAllActions. Maybe I can block it with a check on the BrageRiddle variable It should be 1 if you answered the riddle correctly, but haven't been teleported yet.

I'll need to do some testing...
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @AstroBryGuy‌ You got a lot of work out of this patch patch ;)
    AstroBryGuyjackjack
    edited September 2014

@Jairyanna‌ - Which romance is not having music? Also, can you post a copy of the SETUP-BG1NPCMUSIC.DEBUG file?

I'm doing Coran's just now in 1.3, but before the patch came out I was doing Ajantis' and it also didn't seem to work then either.

Can I just say you're an absolute champ @AstroBryGuy‌ for all the help you give to folk on this thread (and probably others). You're awesome :)

Edit: oh, apparently the forum isn't allowing me to post the file
    kaguana
    edited September 2014
    Zipped - sorted :)
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    @AstroBryGuy‌

Minor annoyance and prolly not worth your time but I'll post anyway :D

During the Tazok interaction at the bandit camp, as soon as Tazok dies and Kivan pipes up with "remember dehariensfsdg (SP) you beast?"
    dialogue then instantaneously closes and opens again and he says something about how he's chuffed to pieces that we killed him.

Not a game breaker or anything and it may even be intended behavior, or i just killed him too fast.
This discussion has been closed.