Skip to content

BG1NPC for BGEE Prerelease - UPDATE v21-PR_20150131

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Yes, the first dialog is supposed to fire as soon as Kivan sees Tazok. You engaged Tazok before Kivan could "see" him and so the dialog is firing afterwards. Tazok is supposed to have a reply, but, well, he's dead.

I guess a !Dead("Tazok") check is in order just to make sure the dialog doesn't fire once Tazok is dead.
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    Fair enough shame I missed it, Kivan was an archer at the back of a fairly tanky party so that explains that.

Ran into something else just there, the carnival dude who gives Garrick the quest is called "Well it does! Really!

Don't have Garrick in my party as you can see but when i did in a previous playthrough his quest worked fine, not too sure if that means anything.

Did you install the patch and reinstall BG1NPC on a game in progress? The CRE files of actors in visited areas are stored in your saved game. That includes the string references for their names. So, if the strings changed locations in the dialog.tlk file (due to new strings being added to the vanilla file, for example), string references stored in the saved games would be thrown off.
    Ah fair enough, am I likely to run into a few more of these then? That's the only one I've encountered so far and I haven't visited the remaining areas with NPC mod content yet.
    edited September 2014
    Areas you have visited (and the actors in them) get stored in your saved game. So, in those areas, yes. Areas you haven't visited before installing the patch and reinstalling BG1NPC should be fine.
    Awesome cheers again for your help with this, do you think there's a long way to go before the finalisation of the NPC Project then?
    Minor phrasing thing I noticed.

Double negative is a bit confusing and doesn't really work here, should say something like "So are you braver than this cold-footed, long-faced fellow?"

Pretty minor but thought I'd mention it
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @jobby But that what he rally saying ? you can't have the writing and the saying different.
    NPC project isn't voiced don't worry :)
    That would be a humongous amount of work!
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Hoo yeah silly me I forgot that it not voice lol my wishful thinking ;)
    Ok an actual bug during Jaherias quest, I hadn't visited Cloakwood before I updated.

The shadow druids are getting all lovey dovey with me (I think some strings from someones romance has gotten mixed in somehow).

jobby said:

Ok an actual bug during Jaherias quest, I hadn't visited Cloakwood before I updated.

The shadow druids are getting all lovey dovey with me (I think some strings from someones romance has gotten mixed in somehow).

BG1NPC doesn't edit Takiyah's or Amarande's battle cries, hurt sounds, or character selection strings. They should all be the vanilla values. Odd. Do you have any other mods installed that might be editing them?
    Hmm strange, here's my weidu log but I don't think I have anything else installed that would cause this :S

Atweaks
    SCS
    IWDification
    Wand Case
    Bill the Pony ;)
    NPC Project

for some reason the tiny .txt file isn't attaching :(

Worked that time.
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    Quick question for you guys!
    With patch 1.3 being released, I thought I would do another playthrough with SCS and BG1NPC.
    I believe it is mostly functional right?
    Do you know if it has been translated at the same time you were working on the EE edition?
    I'd rather play with everything in French but if original dialogs are in French and mods one in English, I'll probably have no choice but to switch...
    jobby said:

Hmm strange, here's my weidu log but I don't think I have anything else installed that would cause this :S

Atweaks
    SCS
    IWDification
    Wand Case
    Bill the Pony ;)
    NPC Project

for some reason the tiny .txt file isn't attaching :(

It might be SCS. SCS-edited spells can have new display strings. So, if there are still issues with your dialog.tlk file or references to it, its possible that the SCS spells are pointing to incorrect string references.

One thing to look at would be the CRE files for Takiyah and Amarande in Near Infinity, and see if any of their character strings are changed. If those aren't changed, then my suspicion would be that the string references for SCS are messed up.

Mera said:

Quick question for you guys!
    With patch 1.3 being released, I thought I would do another playthrough with SCS and BG1NPC.
    I believe it is mostly functional right?
    Do you know if it has been translated at the same time you were working on the EE edition?
    I'd rather play with everything in French but if original dialogs are in French and mods one in English, I'll probably have no choice but to switch...

There is a French translation available in BG1NPC; it was added with v20 of BG1NPC.
    @AstroBryGuy‌

Sorry for being useless, I've dled NearInfinity, opened up Takiyah and I'm not too sure what I'm supposed to be looking for, could you let me know the name of the default script (and which script it is i.e. Dialogue/General etc.)
    edited September 2014
    Edit
    Post edited by jobby on
  • A couple of minor things, not entirely sure if they're caused by BG1 NPC and the new patch, but I had a couple of quest items get doubled on me. There were two copies of Coquetle's Amulet sitting next to each other on the map just north of Nashkel, and I was able to turn them both in for the reward sequentially. Marek also dropped two antidotes, though in that case I only auto-drank from one of them and only got the experience reward once.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Kaigen said:

A couple of minor things, not entirely sure if they're caused by BG1 NPC and the new patch, but I had a couple of quest items get doubled on me. There were two copies of Coquetle's Amulet sitting next to each other on the map just north of Nashkel, and I was able to turn them both in for the reward sequentially.

The same exact thing just happened to me as well, and it isn't related to the new patch because I haven't installed it yet. I have a few mods installed in addition to the Project, so I don't know which, if any, may be responsible for it.
    The double Coquetle Family Amulet is caused by BG1NPC re-activating an existing but deactivated script in BGEE. It will be fixed in the next pre-release.

I don't know about Marek. BG1NPC doesn't touch the scripts that give him his potion, and the only interjection in his dialog doesn't do anything to his potion either.
    Jairyanna said:

@Jairyanna‌ - Which romance is not having music? Also, can you post a copy of the SETUP-BG1NPCMUSIC.DEBUG file?

I'm doing Coran's just now in 1.3, but before the patch came out I was doing Ajantis' and it also didn't seem to work then either.

Can I just say you're an absolute champ @AstroBryGuy‌ for all the help you give to folk on this thread (and probably others). You're awesome :)

Edit: oh, apparently the forum isn't allowing me to post the file
    @Jairyanna‌ - It's the sox binary the mod uses to convert .ogg to .wav. It's not processing the .ogg files correctly.

Here's a simple fix - BGEE can play .ogg files! Just need to rename them .wav, not convert them.

Download this and copy all the files into your override directory.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/BG1NPCMUSIC_EE.zip
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    You're marvellous ^_^
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I've just encountered an apparent bug related to Tiax, though I don't know whether it's a result of the Project, or if it was in the game already (I've never used Tiax in EE before now).

I've installed the component that allows you to pick up Tiax in Beregost. I just recently level'd up Tiax as a thief (from level 2 to 3), but it appears that he loses spell slots from his cleric spellbook when that happens.

This was Tiax's spellbook just before leveling (while wearing the Ring of Sune, which gives an extra spell per level):

This was Tiax's spellbook after leveling, while still wearing the Sune ring:
    @SharGuidesMyHand‌ - I don't know why Tiax had six 1st level spells before, but four is the correct number. As a second level cleric, he has a base of two 1st level spells, +1 for his 13 Wisdom, +1 for the Ring of Sune. So, I don't see a bug here. My guess is that Tiax's CRE file has too many 1st level spells memorized, and that is being corrected at level up.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Due to reasons I didn't start my game until today, cleared the prologue, watched Gorion take one for the team and picked up Imoen. Then got to talk to Kolssed, and was pleasantly surprised. I'm about to continue further, but I just wanted to chip in how much more lovely this makes the game. :) thank you for your hard work, Astro, as without it, I might never have experienced it.
  • onelasttry84onelasttry84 Member Posts: 52
    edited September 2014
    Everytime I try to install this mod i get plenty of error messages... maybe someone here could help?
    This is how the debug-file looks like:

WeiDU v 23600 Log

Z:\home\michael\bin\Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\setup-bg1npc.exe
    [./chitin.key] loaded, 495088 bytes
    [./chitin.key] 73 BIFFs, 35212 resources
    WARNING: parsing log [WeiDU.log]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: No such file or directory")

Choose your language:
    0 [English]
    1 [Espanol (traducido por Clan DLAN)]
    2 [Francais (traduit par les d'Oghmatiques)]
    3 [Polski]
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [bg1npc/tra/english/setup.tra] has 134 translation strings

Please choose the language in which you wish to play the game.
    If you later wish to play the game in a different language you will need to edit the file weidu.conf and reinstall your mods.
    0 [Czech]
    1 [German]
    2 [English]
    3 [Spanish]
    4 [French]
    5 [Italian]
    6 [Japanese]
    7 [Korean]
    8 [Polish]
    9 [Portuguese]
    10 [ru_ru]
    11 [Turkish]
    12 [uk_ua]
    13 [Simplified Chinese]
    [lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] loaded, 4666687 bytes
    [lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] 34000 string entries

Using lang\en_us/dialog.tlk

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o

Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Portrait Changes and Additions]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Romances]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Tweaks]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Install Component [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
    Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications] [v21_PRERELEASE_20140806]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/AR01XX.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/AR01XX.BIF]
    [./DATA/AR01XX.BIF] 35995364 bytes, 533 files, 63 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/AR2XXX.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/AR2XXX.BIF]
    [./DATA/AR2XXX.BIF] 108665168 bytes, 562 files, 42 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/OHAREAS.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/OHAREAS.BIF]
    [./DATA/OHAREAS.BIF] 43371920 bytes, 246 files, 12 tilesets

BG:EE Detected. Installation based on those resources.
    loading 1 tra file
    [bg1npc/tra/english/bgee.tra] has 14 translation strings

Windows conversion with CP1252
    MOVE [bg1npc/tra/english/utf8/bg1npc_tmp.tra] [bg1npc/tra/english/bg1npc_tmp.tra]: destination exists, falling back to COPY_LARGE
    Copying 1 file ...
    bg1npc/tra/english/bg1npc_tmp.tra copied to bg1npc/backup/0/bg1npc_tmp.tra, 84738 bytes
    ERROR: error copying [bg1npc/tra/english/utf8/bg1npc_tmp.tra]
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/0/OTHER.0")
    [bg1npc/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 1 files for [BG1NPC.TP2] component 0.
    Restoring backed-up [bg1npc/backup/0/bg1npc_tmp.tra]
    bg1npc/backup/0/bg1npc_tmp.tra copied to bg1npc/tra/english/bg1npc_tmp.tra, 84738 bytes
    Uninstalled 1 files for [BG1NPC.TP2] component 0.
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/PROJECT.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/PROJECT.BIF]
    [./DATA/PROJECT.BIF] 130348 bytes, 193 files, 0 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/25DEFLT.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/25DEFLT.BIF]
    [./DATA/25DEFLT.BIF] 2827944 bytes, 160 files, 0 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./lang/en_us/DATA/AR1XXX.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/AR1XXX.BIF]
    [./DATA/AR1XXX.BIF] 118564580 bytes, 738 files, 52 tilesets
    Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0")
    Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "bg1npc/tra/english/utf8/bg1npc_tmp.tra")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG to The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [bg1npc/tra/english/setup.tra] has 134 translation strings

Install Component [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? Saving This Log:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications

WeiDU Timings
    OUTER_INNER_PATCH_SAVE 0.000
    parsing .tra files 0.000
    <<<<<<<< 0.000
    unmarshal BIFF 0.000
    adding translation strings 0.000
    load TLK 0.000
    DEFINE_PATCH_FUNCTION 0.000
    DEFINE_ACTION_FUNCTION 0.000
    OUTER_SET 0.000
    INCLUDE 0.000
    ACTION_DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY 0.000
    ACTION_PHP_EACH 0.000
    MOVE 0.000
    LOAD_TRA 0.000
    AT_NOW 0.000
    DEFINE_ACTION_MACRO 0.000
    OUTER_INNER_PATCH 0.000
    ACTION_IF 0.000
    PRINT 0.000
    READ_* 0.000
    saving files 0.000
    COPY_LARGE 0.000
    DEFINE_PATCH_MACRO 0.000
    OUTER_SPRINT 0.010
    process_patch2 0.010
    loading files 0.020
    tp2 uninstall 0.020
    stuff not covered elsewhere 0.030
    unmarshal KEY 0.050
    eval_pe 0.060
    unmarshal TLK 0.060
    Parsing TP2 files 0.070
    Parsing TPA files 0.090
    TOTAL 0.420

I'm using an ubuntu machine with wine...other mods just installed fine
    @onelasttry84‌ - My guess is that the character set converter script didn't create the UTF-8 versions of the translation files correctly. Is there a directory bg1npc/tra/english/utf8/ that was created? Does it have any files in it?

You might want to try running weidu natively in linux. There's a linux version available at: http://weidu.org/main.html#weidu

Put a copy of the weidu binary into the Z:\home\michael\bin\Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\ directory and from the linux command line:
    ln -s weidu setup-bg1npc
    ./setup-bg1npc
  • onelasttry84onelasttry84 Member Posts: 52
    @AstroBryGuy‌ - Thanks for the quick answere... at work at the moment but I'll give this a try as soon as I get home. By "a copy of the weidu binary" do you mean the whole folder or just the single weidu file?
This discussion has been closed.