Skip to content

BG1NPC for BGEE Prerelease - UPDATE v21-PR_20150131

1131415161719»

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    kelvin180 said:

Couldn't open the readme: file not found.
    ERROR: No translation provided for @ 1006
    Continuing despite error.

Would you like to display the components from [UNDEFINED STRING: @ 1006]?

Based on your reaction I can't imagine this happens a lot. Does it have fixable precedent or do I have to reboot the game folder (I have a full backup of the vanilla version's files)?
    Based on this error message, WeiDU cannot find the readme file or translation files. This would normally indicate that there is something wrong with the location of BG1NPC's files.

In the directory with the CHITIN.KEY file you should have a directory called "bg1npc" and a file setup-bg1npc.exe. Inside the bg1npc directory, should be the following files:
    backup
    bantergoose
    bg1npc.tp2
    bg1npc_docs
    core
    desktop.ini
    handle_charsets.tpa
    lib
    phase1
    phase2
    phase3
    readme-bg1npc-french.html
    readme-bg1npc.html
    style
    tra
    Let me know if your file layout matches this.
  • kelvin180kelvin180 Member Posts: 7
    It did not! For whatever reason all of that was inside the BG1NPC-21-PR... folder, and .tp2 was in the main game folder. I relocated everything to bg1npc base, slapped that into its own section of the main game folder, and now it works fine. Thank you!
    AstroBryGuyjackjackHudzy
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Definitely excited for the release on this. I can't imagine all the work that has gone in but it is much appreciated by the BG community!
    lolienDaelyn75CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Anyone know what happens with the banter if you remove Khalid or Jaheira? Are their banter connected to each other or will they still have banter while alone?
    SionIV said:

Anyone know what happens with the banter if you remove Khalid or Jaheira? Are their banter connected to each other or will they still have banter while alone?

They will have some, but not all, of their banters. Some of their banters do require the spouse to be around.
    SionIVjackjack
  • Daelyn75Daelyn75 Member Posts: 24
    Is there a list of mods that are compatible with this one? If so could you provide the link?
  • AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    Almost everything should be compatible… Anyway, fulfilling your request would require someone to read a very long list of mods just to make a list. Why don’t you ask about particular mods and then someone could tell you if you can expect problems with them?
    jackjack
    BG1NPC should be compatible with everything on this list (if you are asking about BGEE, then obviously only if the mod is compatible with BGEE).

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8122
    jackjackDaelyn75CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    edited February 2015
    Asthner said:

Almost everything should be compatible… Anyway, fulfilling your request would require someone to read a very long list of mods just to make a list. Why don’t you ask about particular mods and then someone could tell you if you can expect problems with them?

I have run across several lists for other mods like Tutu, or BGT. I was hoping that the same could have been done here, since it wouldn't be the first time that it's done. If there was a list started then I would contribute what I can with other mods.

If not, then I don't think it hurts to ask.
    Post edited by Daelyn75 on

BG1NPC should be compatible with everything on this list (if you are asking about BGEE, then obviously only if the mod is compatible with BGEE).

Yes, I meant for BGEE. So you are basically saying if the mod works for BGEE then it should work with BG1NPC for BGEE?

Tutu and BGT are a bit… different. Those are mods changing the… hmm, structure?… of the games, so that they could be played as almost a one entity (BG1 on BG2 engine, a single continuous gameplay). As the most important pieces of the puzzle when someone wished for such a playthrough, they naturally spawned compatibility lists.

But this is the BGEE forum. It already has the newest Infinity Engine. ;)

As I said, your safest bet is to ask about particular mods compatibilities, not hope for a list of every single mod in existence that will or will not work with BG1NPC. ;)

And I can’t really imagine incompatibilities in this case. A conflicting mod would have to somehow delete/replace whole NPCs (why would anyone do that?!), or overwrite… hmm, of yeah. Non-weidu mods are usually at least partially incompatible with anything else. But even that can be worked around – and such mods are few. And I don’t think any of them would really work with BGEE anyway. ;)
    edited February 2015
    Asthner, I wasn't making a request, I was asking if there were compatibility mods. There have been several people throughout the entire length of this thread that have had issues with their other mods impacting this one.

I don't ask this out of the blue. I have read every page, and comment left here. I've literally been following this mod for a year now. I was on the previous thread for this mod as well. I'm not asking for anything to be done, just to see if there was any other work connected to this mod that could have mods that if not say compatible, say they don't work.

If not then oh well, it was just a question.
    Asthner
    Hmm, I’ve been following this too since the beginning, but I don’t recall mod conflicts per se, only bugs, WiP features and EE-issues. Perhaps an oversight on my part. ;)
    jackjack
    Daelyn75 said:

Yes, I meant for BGEE. So you are basically saying if the mod works for BGEE then it should work with BG1NPC for BGEE?

I meant that any mod on that list should be comptabile, assuming it's been updated for BGEE.

As for other mods, most should be compatible. Bg1npc doesn't edit kits or spells, so kit and spell mods should be fine. The same for item mods. NPC or quest mods could run into issues with putting encounters at the same location as bg1npc encounters. Some mods do have conflicts, like bg1ub or SCS, but both detect bg1npc and skip the conflicting components.
    Asthner said:

Tutu and BGT are a bit… different. Those are mods changing the… hmm, structure?… of the games, so that they could be played as almost a one entity (BG1 on BG2 engine, a single continuous gameplay). As the most important pieces of the puzzle when someone wished for such a playthrough, they naturally spawned compatibility lists.

Only BGT makes BG1 and BG2 play as one game (until EET is released). Tutu is just BG1 in the BG2 engine, like BGEE.
    Daelyn75jackjackJuliusBorisov
    Thanks for that, AstroBryGuy!
    AstroBryGuyJuliusBorisov

Only BGT makes BG1 and BG2 play as one game (until EET is released). Tutu is just BG1 in the BG2 engine, like BGEE.

Hence me using the word “almost” in the respective place. Playing on the same engine, with the same mods and being able to launch BG2 within seconds after seeing the credits of BG1 is quite close to a single playthrough. :)
    edited February 2015
    BG1NPC v21 and BG1NPC Music Pack v6 are released with BGEE compatibility!

I started a new thread for the official release versions:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/39422/bg1npc-v21-and-bg1npc-music-pack-v6/p1

Also, if you're a fan of Coran, be sure to check out Coran's BG Extended Friendship v4!

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/39423/corans-bg-extended-friendship-talks-v4?new=1
    kaguanaJuliusBorisov
    @mlnevese - please unsticky this thread. Thanks!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @AstroBryGuy Done.
    mlnevese said:
    Thanks!
  • BanArdBanArd Member Posts: 60
    I'd like to know: does Kivan mention in any dialogue the deity he serves? (Mielikki, maybe?)
    BanArd said:

I'd like to know: does Kivan mention in any dialogue the deity he serves? (Mielikki, maybe?)

Yes to the first question.

No, not Mielikki :wink:
    BanArd
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I'm closing this thread now. Please use the new thread:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/39422/bg1npc-v21-and-bg1npc-music-pack-v6/p1
    elminsterAstroBryGuyjackjackkaguana
This discussion has been closed.