Skip to content

BG1NPC for BGEE Prerelease - UPDATE v21-PR_20150131

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited October 2014
    @JosefineS the "open Cloakwood aereas sooner" components only work for a new game, or if you haven't yet entered the areas in question in your game (meaning the ones from where the Cloakwood areas can be entered).
    Is the normal opening of the Cloakwood areas also not working? It might be better to de-install these components from BG1NPC then. This should give back the original opening of the Cloakwood areas.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    edited October 2014
    @Jastey EDIT: That actually must have done the trick. I have access yay ! Thank you
  • CarrKnightCarrKnight Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2014
    Linux BG1EE here.
    Downloaded the mod and weidu, but when I call
    ./weidu bg1npc.tp2
    I get "DIALOG.TLK" not found. That file is in fact not present in my bgee install. Should I look for it somewhere?
    Very stupid question concerning the GitHub here: In the first post it sais"The most recent prerelease is v21-PR_20140806" but I have a version ~v21_PRERELEASE_20140816~ that I downloaded some time ago which seems to be newer? And I see that you changed something in the repository 3 days ago - how do I get the newest version of the mod from what is present on GitHub.. Just follow the link in the first post or do I have to do some GitHub ninjaing?..
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited October 2014
    jastey said:

Very stupid question concerning the GitHub here: In the first post it sais"The most recent prerelease is v21-PR_20140806" but I have a version ~v21_PRERELEASE_20140816~ that I downloaded some time ago which seems to be newer? And I see that you changed something in the repository 3 days ago - how do I get the newest version of the mod from what is present on GitHub.. Just follow the link in the first post or do I have to do some GitHub ninjaing?..

It's not a stupid question, I just forgot to update the version date. The difference from 20140806 to 20140816 was only to fix an install bug on Tutu. I haven't packaged the most recent changes into a prerelease yet, but you can download it from the main github page at https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC. Click on the Download ZIP button on the right side of the page.

Linux BG1EE here.
    Downloaded the mod and weidu, but when I call
    ./weidu bg1npc.tp2
    I get "DIALOG.TLK" not found. That file is in fact not present in my bgee install. Should I look for it somewhere?

In which directory are you installing the mod? You should be running WeiDU from the directory with the chitin.key file.
    yeah, that's the weird thing. The directory that holds the chitin.key doesn't hold any dialog.tlk
    that's
    ~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/
    The only dialog file is
    data/DIALOG.BIF
    edited October 2014
    The dialog.tlk file should be in the lang subdirectory. If you have the most recent version of weidu(v236) it will know where to find it.
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    edited October 2014
    I do have the most recent weidu downloaded, but do I have to place the binaries anywhere for them to find dialog.tlk automatically?

I do have the most recent weidu downloaded, but do I have to place the binaries anywhere for them to find dialog.tlk automatically?

On a Mac or Windows, the binaries are placed in the directory with the chitin.key file.

The general Linux directions I've seen say to place the weidu binary in /usr/local/bin

yeah, that's the weird thing. The directory that holds the chitin.key doesn't hold any dialog.tlk
    that's
    ~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/
    The only dialog file is
    data/DIALOG.BIF

Is there a lang subdirectory? The dialog.tlk should be in there, inside an appropriate directory for your language, e.g. lang/en_US for English.
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the help but very depressingly it still doesn't work :(

even if I specify where the tlk should be...

./weidu --tlkin ./lang/en_US/dialog.tlk bg1npc.tp2
    [./weidu] WeiDU version 23600
    [./chitin.key] 73 BIFFs, 35212 resources

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:
    ./^dialog\.tlk$

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

If I make a ln -s to the file so that it's visible in the game directory it goes a bit further (asking my the language for the install) but then:

ERROR: could not match a directory in ./dialog.tlk
    ERROR: problem parsing TP file [bg1npc.tp2]: Not_found
    Okay so it got better after a lowered case everything. Unfortunately that breaks the new bg1ee linux edition, since it likes the case the way it was. Let's see what the weidu forum thinks about this.

Okay so it got better after a lowered case everything. Unfortunately that breaks the new bg1ee linux edition, since it likes the case the way it was. Let's see what the weidu forum thinks about this.

Yeah, unfortunately, this sounds like a WeiDU issue with the new BGEE linux version. Previously, linux users were running Windows versions via Wine, so the game was case-insensitive. So, tolower-ing everything was "safe". Not anymore, I guess.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I've been encountering a bunch of weird dialogue exchanges lately.

For example, here's an exchange that occurred between Viconia and Imoen that begins with Viconia saying, "No, I can't. Sorry," as the very first line and then appears to discuss killing and draining blood from a chicken.

I later encountered a similarly bizarre, seemingly incomplete exchange which also appeared to describe killing a chicken.

I also encountered an exchange between Imoen and Faldorn that begins with Imoen saying, "Be careful, child. It is slippery here" (which seems like that should be someone else's line directed at Imoen), and then offers "no valid replies or links."

What I find most perplexing about these exchanges is that I DON'T have the added banters component of the Project installed, yet it appears that I am currently receiving extra banters (or parts of them anyway). The only other mod that I currently have installed is Coutelier's Tenya mod, but I haven't even encountered Tenya yet.
    edited October 2014
    @SharGuidesMyHand‌ - The dialog between Viconia and Imoen is using strings from an interaction between Xzar and CHARNAME. Did you install BG1NPC's banter component and then uninstall it? That would explain why the strings are in the dialog.tlk.

It also looks like the banter component was installed (or did not uninstall fully). Based on the pattern of interaction, I think it is banters X#VIIM1 and X#VIIM3. Also, your dialog files are apparently pointing to the wrong strings in the dialog.tlk file.

You might try completely uninstalling BG1NPC and then installing only the components that you want. I just tried it, and that worked for me. Viconia has no banter with Imoen now.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @AstroBryGuy‌ and @CarrKnight‌
    For Unix-based OSes placing the WeiDU executable in usr/bin and running it with the console as if it was any other command e.g.
    weidu bg1npc/setup-bg1npc.tp2
    (that should work if the directory of the .tp2 is right) should be enough to make it work.
    Only difference is that it's output in the console is similar to the one in the .DEBUG file, meaning the console will get full with stuff Users don't normally care about (I find it great when debugging my stuff but then it kinda sucks).
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

even if I specify where the tlk should be...

./weidu --tlkin ./lang/en_US/dialog.tlk bg1npc.tp2

Don't put the ./ before the lang/en_US/dialog.tlk, WeiDU won't recognize the directory if so (this applies for basically all of the command line tools that need an extra flag for the input/output). Just leave lang/en_US/dialog.tlk and it'll be enough.
    edited October 2014
    @SharGuidesMyHand‌ - The Imoen-Faldorn interaction is using dialog lines between Kivan and Imoen. Imoen's banter should link back to a line in BFALDO.dlg (Faldorn's banter file). I'd be interested to see if the banter fires correctly on a fully functional install of BG1NPC.

The string references are off by the same amount as in the Viconia-Imoen dialog above. Something was not right about the install/uninstall.
    Thanks for the advice.

I think (though I'm not certain yet) the problem may have arisen because another mod that I had uninstalled still left files in the override folder. As of now, I've basically uninstalled all my mods (including NPC), cleaned out my override folder, and then reinstalled the NPC project components that I want.

I recently picked up Ajantis for the first time (I have his romance installed). Shortly after he joined, he said this line, which appears to be something that he would say in response to using the bardic rep adjustment:

Other than that, I haven't gotten anymore of the kind of strange dialogue exchanges that I described above, and a couple of Ajantis' romance talks have triggered without problem.
    edited October 2014

Thanks for the advice.

I think (though I'm not certain yet) the problem may have arisen because another mod that I had uninstalled still left files in the override folder. As of now, I've basically uninstalled all my mods (including NPC), cleaned out my override folder, and then reinstalled the NPC project components that I want.

I recently picked up Ajantis for the first time (I have his romance installed). Shortly after he joined, he said this line, which appears to be something that he would say in response to using the bardic rep adjustment:

Other than that, I haven't gotten anymore of the kind of strange dialogue exchanges that I described above, and a couple of Ajantis' romance talks have triggered without problem.

Had you used the bardic rep adjustment previously in the game? If you did, it sets a variable in your saved game that Ajantis' script will note and prompt a comment from him. He doesn't have to be in the party when you use the bard.

Thanks for the advice.

Had you used the bardic rep adjustment previously in the game? If you did, it sets a variable in your saved game that Ajantis' script will note and prompt a comment from him. He doesn't have to be in the party when you use the bard.
    Yes, I have used it in the past. Thanks for the info.

• laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283

kaguana said:

The thing is that the mod was playing the wrong banter for @laptopman666‌, and after we try to reload the save so w could see if it will happen again it did but it also crash the game after a few tries

I open the save game several times, and didn't have any issues. I also didn't see @laptopman666‌'s issue.

My best guess on his issue is that perhaps your dialog.tlk files are not identical. So, his string references end up being different that yours, and when his game is told to display a particular string, it isn't the same one as yours. One way to check this would be for both of you to try the following CLUA Console command:

C:DisplayText("41982")
    If that doesn't come back the same for both of you, then that could be the issue.
    @astrobryguy me and @kaguana entered this command, it responded the same way to both of us, so what could be a possible other reason the game would act strange if you have any ideas
    @laptopman666‌ - Sorry, but I don't play multiplayer mode very often. So, I'm not very familiar with it.
    @AstroBryGuy I want to open a Bug-Thread in the Kerzenburgforum, too (for German players). Is it a good idea to give a general link to the master, or should I wait for your next official beta package?
    jastey said:

@AstroBryGuy I want to open a Bug-Thread in the Kerzenburgforum, too (for German players). Is it a good idea to give a general link to the master, or should I wait for your next official beta package?

@Jastey - I've tested the latest code to make sure it loads and BGEE launches in all languages, and I'll make a new pre-release with German support later today.

Question for you - do you want the Ajantis Romance workaround for SCS' Wait at Inns component active for all platforms (BGEE, Tutu, BGT)? It's a simple change in the .tp2 file, and it shouldn't interfere with BG1NPC's Wait at Inns component.
    Oh, sorry for not answering earlier. Yes, I think it's good to provice it for all platforms. (Wouldn't the compatibility issue with SCS also be for all platforms?)

Thank you for preparing a new version, I'll wait for that.
    Yes, the compatibility issue with SCS would apply to all platforms. I'll make the change.
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.