Skip to content

Keeping Yoshimo is now available for EE and Mac! (spoiler for newbies to BG2)

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @iavasechui‌

The problem was in fact the Yoshimo Friendship Mod, as soon as I removed that this installed just fine.

Did you use the new version or the old one?
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    I used the new one when I installed it... at this point I do not remember if I attempted to install the new one before uninstalling the friendship mod...
    CrevsDaak
    OK, updated the mod again, new beta version 0.85 available here.
    JuliusBorisov
    whats different cause I don't want to uninstall it just to reinstall it barely a day after I got it to install in the first place XD
    CrevsDaak
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited August 2014
    @ronaldo, @Sed, @Mothor, @PeLLeT_RSD, @iavasechui

Does the mod seem to be running okay for you?

Any comments otherwise? Negative criticism (constructively made) is actually encouraged! We just want to offer an enjoyable mod. So if it looks like it needs some adjustments to improve it, then we'll definitely entertain suggestions.

I know that some of the dialogues are rather long. It's been so long now since they were written that I can't quite remember if escape hatches are included along the way for such conversations, should the PC (or player!) wish not to be bothered with windy explanations. Anyway, we could add that feature to at least some of the dialogues if it is missing.

One of the concerns expressed by at least one player that was considering this mod was the reportedly high difficulty level of the battle that is included. Personally, I didn't think it was all that tough; but maybe I just had lucky dice rolls the couple of times that I playtested this mod myself. Just curious how difficult you found the battle.
    Post edited by Lemernis on
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I haven't had the time to play any BG2 last few days!

I'll install the mod now just so it is done for when I pick it up again :)
    Btw, the link on the website on http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=15568
    leads to file that can't be installed (in the first post).

The link you posted above did work however.
    Thanks @Sed, we're working to get that rectified at the G3 end.
    edited August 2014
    Dunno if its the mod or not but on my latest playthrough I've run into Jaheira constantly reacting to Khalid's death until I got her away from the corpse, the first dialogue kept repeating with it not progressing past the first response. Also sometimes when I rested Yoshimo started spouting out all his initiate dialogue lines without actually initiating a discussion or banter and had to be removed from the party so I could rest or save. Attempting to talk to him shuts him up long enough to rest or save but it is VERY annoying.
    edited August 2014
    Thanks, @iavasechui. I'm sure @CrevsDaak will respond with questions about the mods you have installed, etc.
    CrevsDaak
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @Lemernis Sorry real life has been infringing on my playing time so I have nothing to report.
    The mod makes no change to Jaheira's dialog file (besides replacing the mentions to Yoshimo to 7CYoshi so the mod works in the EE and Mac version), I can't find anything that would be cause this. I've took a look and I didn't find any errors in Yoshimo's dialog, nor I have been able to reproduce the bug.
    If you want, uninstall all mods and install only this one, or just be sure this one is installed last (since it will cause *lots* of issues otherwise).
    Ah it might be because I uninstalled the Yoshimo friendship without uninstalling everything else first...

Ah it might be because I uninstalled the Yoshimo friendship without uninstalling everything else first...

I don't think that would cause any problem. WeiDU installs and uninstall *everything* when you gotta uninstall something that is deep buried in the WeiDU.log.
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    Sed said:

I haven't had the time to play any BG2 last few days!

I'll install the mod now just so it is done for when I pick it up again :)

I`m finishing BG1 to import my character.
    CrevsDaak said:

I don't think that would cause any problem. WeiDU installs and uninstall *everything* when you gotta uninstall something that is deep buried in the WeiDU.log.
    Not that I know the first thing about the code, but with both Jaheira and Yoshimo repeating dialogues it made me wonder about the Banter Pack...
    CrevsDaak
    Just noticed something that is probably a bug.

I installed Yoshimo and made him CG, and now he can't use his own Katana.

I do have plenty of other mods installed, and it's not a major thing.
    edited August 2014
    There's an option to make Yoshimo CG during installation. Did you select it?

The sword thing is obviously a bug. Can you please post your weiDU log?
    edited August 2014
    Lemernis said:

There's an option to make Yoshimo CG during installation. Did you select it?

The sword thing is obviously a bug.

That's a mega fail :\
    I'll fix it LOL, since I introduced the bug and forgot about that. The sword can't be wielded by CG users, so I'll have to change that.

OK, new version available here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=26562#entry225629
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
    jackjack
    Yay, I found my first bug ;)

And yes, I did select it during installation.
    Can't be bothered to do a new install atm though.. He won't be using his own katana anyway.
    CrevsDaakjackjack
    Having a bit of a hiccup now..
    Yoshimo won't stop talking.. like ever! He's constantly repeating his sentences over and over again, breaking any other action or command you give him.

Any way to make him stop? ^^
    It seems he is trying to hit up a conversation with Charname, but nothing but his usual ranting comes out. If he is far enough away from Charname he behaves normally.
    @Sed‌ could you please leave the area (so the game auto-saves) and zip/rar the 000000001 - Auto Save folder located in Documents/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/save? Use the Attach a File option under the comment box to upload it to the forums, I'll need the save to check what's the problem there.
    BTW, do you have any other mods installed?
    I've got plenty of mods at the moment, both some items, unfinished business, scs, portrait packs, adalons blood, back to brynnlaw and so on.

Installed Yoshi last and he has been working fine until after Rasaads temple quest.

I can create save files before this one as well. Also have a save where he isn't fucked up.
    @Sed‌ for some reason your save has Yoshimo with a MULTIG.DLG dialog instead of his YOSHIJ.DLG… I dunno why this would be, could you please post your WeiDU.log? Also, I found and fixed another bug, but I don't think it is related to this one in any way.
    edited September 2014
    OK, new version with new fix, now mages will spawn :)

OK, ANOTHER version, now I think I fixed this bug, the pdialog.2da wasn't actually changed, hence this bug.

Turns out it's actually a vanilla error, I think I fixed by now.
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
    Thanks @CrevsDaak‌
    I'll try it when I get home.

If I remember correctly, Yoshimo will disappear a while at Spellhold. When is this supposed to trigger?
    Should I install the fix and go back to an earlier save before arriving at Brynnlaw?
    edited September 2014
    It should happen just after Sime directs the PC to seek out Sanik at the Vulgar Monkey, following Saemon's ambush. Yoshi insists on leaving the party and goes to the Vulgar Monkey.
    CrevsDaak
    @Lemernis‌
    Is that right after you arrive, or after you come out from Spellhold?

Cause I have a save right before I went to board the ship towards Spellhold
    That's right after you arrive. Be sure you install the latest version ;)