Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Keeping Yoshimo is now available for EE and Mac! (spoiler for newbies to BG2)

1234568»

Comments

• sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 121
    @CrevsDaak that's what I'm trying to do. ^^ reinstalled BGII:EE since the overwhelming number of mods "suggested" by BWP messed up the game for me.. I guess ill be going simple with a few mods + KY

CrevsDaak
  • demon9675demon9675 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2017
    Hi All,

This is probably a common issue, but Yoshimo simply won't stay alive in ToB. When I beat the game with him in my party, he dies and all of his items (including, weirdly, some duplicates) show up in my inventory. He's no longer in my party.

I tried a different game further along in ToB to see if I could summon him from the Pocket Plane. The dialogue option exists and he's indeed summoned, but he instantly dies. If you quickly talk to him, he offers to join but then instantly dies and is automatically removed from the party as soon as that dialogue finishes. Resurrection spells have no effect, and Harper's Call actually hurts Jaheira when she tries to use it on his corpse.

I've tried reinstalling the mod (installed it last after tweakpack) but to no avail. What can I do, and are there variables I should check/add in eekeeper?

Thanks for your help!

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,081
    @demon9675 what game? BG2:EE? Is it the latest version? Could you please post your entire WeiDU.log? Are you, by any chance, on Linux?

edited May 2017
    Hi @CrevsDaak,

It's the latest version of BG2:EE on Mac. The only other mod I have is the Gibberlings Three Tweakpack (various components), but I installed (and have reinstalled to try to fix this) Keeping Yoshimo afterwards.

I've attached my WeiDU.log. Please let me know if I've done something wrong!

@demon9675 thanks, already repro'ed it in my install as well. I sadly don't have the time to fix it now, but I'll try to do it within this week.

@CrevsDaak not to worry, let us know when you're able to do it. Much appreciated as always!

CrevsDaak
    Just left the Underdark. Working great ^^ didn't expect that in Brynnlaw though. :)

CrevsDaak
    edited May 2017
    @CrevsDaak I'm having an issue with Yoshimo's kick out dialogue after he rejoins after Brynnlaw. If I remove him, I can't add him back to the party. Do you think its caused by an incompatible mod or I have a corrupted save?

I am on BG2:EE with BG1:EE SoD.
    [edit: NVM. I was on 0.96. installed the latest version (had to browse the whole thread to find the link) and his kick out dialogue works fine now. However Jastey's Solaufein no longer works-couldn't add him to the party).

[further edit: reinstalled and there are now 2 Yoshimo's. One is the one in my party. Second one is summoned by the Fate Spirit and has 2.5m experience. Is it a bug?]

Post edited by sansserif on
    sansserif said:

[further edit: reinstalled and there are now 2 Yoshimo's. One is the one in my party. Second one is summoned by the Fate Spirit and has 2.5m experience. Is it a bug?]

I'd say re-installing the mod mid-playthrough might have caused it, but actually I'm not sure if the Fate Spirit checks anything before summoning Yoshimo, so it might be a bug. Again, I lack the time to look into it right now, but once I have the time I'll do it.

Hi @CrevsDaak,

Any updates on a new version of this mod to fix the issues with Yoshimo in ToB? I recognize that you are busy, so I appreciate your time! Thanks!

Hey there @demon9675, I'll look into this either later today or this weekend.

ivavlakul
  • icon41gimpicon41gimp Member Posts: 1
    Any help I can get on this topic?

Yoshimo leaves at Brynnlaw inside the Vulgar Monkey. When I come back from Spellhold he dies upon entering the tavern. Is this intended behavior or is something going wrong?

• TygaranTygaran Member Posts: 15
    More a question than a bug report, but it's someting I had to work around to proceed with the mod's effects. At Brynnlaw, Yoshimo didn't speak up after Sime told me about Sanik, so I peaked at the scriptign there. Oldly, it looks liek the same variable is being used as both a counter AND as a timer.

The variable is "7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw"

IF
    InParty(%yoshi%)
    Global("7C#SpellHold","GLOBAL",0)
    Global("7C#Yoshi","GLOBAL",0)
    !Global("7C#Mages","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL",1)
    SetGlobalTimer("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL",THREE_ROUNDS)
    Continue()
    END

Since the timer gets set after the normal global, it ends up a large number, and the part of Yoshimo's own script, which looks for "7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw" = 1 wouldn't fire in a timely fashion, if at all.

IF
    Global("7C#Yoshi","GLOBAL",0)
    Global("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL",1)
    GlobalTimerExpired("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL")
    InParty(Myself)
    See(Player1)
    Global("7C#SpellHold","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL",2)
    SetGlobal("7C#Yoshi","GLOBAL",1)
    StartDialogNoSet(Player1)
    END

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 564
    edited August 2018
    IS this mod little? Because I'm undecided if Yoshimo is fleshed as other little (but good!) npc mods, eg Tiax, Branwen, or is less fleshed.-

• Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 147
    Hi @CrevsDaak,

Are there any plans to make this mod compatible with latest patches of BG2EE? I'd really like to be able to keep Yoshimo in my party

• Gabeg21Gabeg21 Member Posts: 14
    I have tried renaming an existing weidu "setup" app to "Setup-7C-Yoshi.exe" and it keeps saying file not found. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!

1234568»