Skip to content

Keeping Yoshimo is now available for EE and Mac! (spoiler for newbies to BG2)

Comments

• sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    @CrevsDaak that's what I'm trying to do. ^^ reinstalled BGII:EE since the overwhelming number of mods "suggested" by BWP messed up the game for me.. I guess ill be going simple with a few mods + KY

CrevsDaak
  • demon9675demon9675 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2017
    Hi All,

This is probably a common issue, but Yoshimo simply won't stay alive in ToB. When I beat the game with him in my party, he dies and all of his items (including, weirdly, some duplicates) show up in my inventory. He's no longer in my party.

I tried a different game further along in ToB to see if I could summon him from the Pocket Plane. The dialogue option exists and he's indeed summoned, but he instantly dies. If you quickly talk to him, he offers to join but then instantly dies and is automatically removed from the party as soon as that dialogue finishes. Resurrection spells have no effect, and Harper's Call actually hurts Jaheira when she tries to use it on his corpse.

I've tried reinstalling the mod (installed it last after tweakpack) but to no avail. What can I do, and are there variables I should check/add in eekeeper?

Thanks for your help!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @demon9675 what game? BG2:EE? Is it the latest version? Could you please post your entire WeiDU.log? Are you, by any chance, on Linux?
    edited May 2017
    Hi @CrevsDaak,

It's the latest version of BG2:EE on Mac. The only other mod I have is the Gibberlings Three Tweakpack (various components), but I installed (and have reinstalled to try to fix this) Keeping Yoshimo afterwards.

I've attached my WeiDU.log. Please let me know if I've done something wrong!
    @demon9675 thanks, already repro'ed it in my install as well. I sadly don't have the time to fix it now, but I'll try to do it within this week.
    @CrevsDaak not to worry, let us know when you're able to do it. Much appreciated as always!
    CrevsDaak
    Just left the Underdark. Working great ^^ didn't expect that in Brynnlaw though. :)
    CrevsDaak
    edited May 2017
    @CrevsDaak I'm having an issue with Yoshimo's kick out dialogue after he rejoins after Brynnlaw. If I remove him, I can't add him back to the party. Do you think its caused by an incompatible mod or I have a corrupted save?

I am on BG2:EE with BG1:EE SoD.
    [edit: NVM. I was on 0.96. installed the latest version (had to browse the whole thread to find the link) and his kick out dialogue works fine now. However Jastey's Solaufein no longer works-couldn't add him to the party).

[further edit: reinstalled and there are now 2 Yoshimo's. One is the one in my party. Second one is summoned by the Fate Spirit and has 2.5m experience. Is it a bug?]
    Post edited by sansserif on
    sansserif said:

[further edit: reinstalled and there are now 2 Yoshimo's. One is the one in my party. Second one is summoned by the Fate Spirit and has 2.5m experience. Is it a bug?]

I'd say re-installing the mod mid-playthrough might have caused it, but actually I'm not sure if the Fate Spirit checks anything before summoning Yoshimo, so it might be a bug. Again, I lack the time to look into it right now, but once I have the time I'll do it.
    Hi @CrevsDaak,

Any updates on a new version of this mod to fix the issues with Yoshimo in ToB? I recognize that you are busy, so I appreciate your time! Thanks!
    Hey there @demon9675, I'll look into this either later today or this weekend.
    ivavlakul
  • icon41gimpicon41gimp Member Posts: 1
    Any help I can get on this topic?

Yoshimo leaves at Brynnlaw inside the Vulgar Monkey. When I come back from Spellhold he dies upon entering the tavern. Is this intended behavior or is something going wrong?
  • TygaranTygaran Member Posts: 41
    More a question than a bug report, but it's someting I had to work around to proceed with the mod's effects. At Brynnlaw, Yoshimo didn't speak up after Sime told me about Sanik, so I peaked at the scriptign there. Oldly, it looks liek the same variable is being used as both a counter AND as a timer.

The variable is "7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw"

IF
    InParty(%yoshi%)
    Global("7C#SpellHold","GLOBAL",0)
    Global("7C#Yoshi","GLOBAL",0)
    !Global("7C#Mages","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL",1)
    SetGlobalTimer("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL",THREE_ROUNDS)
    Continue()
    END

Since the timer gets set after the normal global, it ends up a large number, and the part of Yoshimo's own script, which looks for "7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw" = 1 wouldn't fire in a timely fashion, if at all.

IF
    Global("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL",1)
    GlobalTimerExpired("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL")
    InParty(Myself)
    See(Player1)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL",2)
    SetGlobal("7C#Yoshi","GLOBAL",1)
    StartDialogNoSet(Player1)
    END
    CrevsDaak
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited August 2018
    IS this mod little? Because I'm undecided if Yoshimo is fleshed as other little (but good!) npc mods, eg Tiax, Branwen, or is less fleshed.-
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Hi @CrevsDaak,

Are there any plans to make this mod compatible with latest patches of BG2EE? I'd really like to be able to keep Yoshimo in my party
  • Gabeg21Gabeg21 Member Posts: 43
    I have tried renaming an existing weidu "setup" app to "Setup-7C-Yoshi.exe" and it keeps saying file not found. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!
  • DurandalisDurandalis Member Posts: 46
    Is it possible to update the download links? One leads to a page that leads to a forum that seems horribly outdated, while the other gives a 403 error.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    CrevsDaak wrote: »
    OK, fixed the Katana usability issues. v0.98 is out! Get the new version of the mod here https://github.com/CrevsDaak/7C-Yoshi/archive/master.zip

CrevsDaak
    Tygaran wrote: »
    More a question than a bug report, but it's someting I had to work around to proceed with the mod's effects. At Brynnlaw, Yoshimo didn't speak up after Sime told me about Sanik, so I peaked at the scriptign there. Oldly, it looks liek the same variable is being used as both a counter AND as a timer.

The variable is "7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw"
    IF
    InParty(%yoshi%)
    !Global("7C#Mages","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL",1)
    SetGlobalTimer("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL",THREE_ROUNDS)
    Continue()
    END

Since the timer gets set after the normal global, it ends up a large number, and the part of Yoshimo's own script, which looks for "7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw" = 1 wouldn't fire in a timely fashion, if at all.
    IF
    Global("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL",1)
    GlobalTimerExpired("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL")
    InParty(Myself)
    See(Player1)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("7C#Yoshi_Brynnlaw","GLOBAL",2)
    SetGlobal("7C#Yoshi","GLOBAL",1)
    StartDialogNoSet(Player1)
    END
    Yes, this is indeed a bug. I'll fix it once I get back home.
    Ludwig_II wrote: »
    Hi @CrevsDaak,

Are there any plans to make this mod compatible with latest patches of BG2EE? I'd really like to be able to keep Yoshimo in my party
    tl;dr no. But if Yoshimo doesn't die on ToB for you then you should be good. That one's gonna take some more trouble to get fixed but I'll see to it eventually.
    Durandalis wrote: »
    Is it possible to update the download links? One leads to a page that leads to a forum that seems horribly outdated, while the other gives a 403 error.
    Well, the mod IS horribly outdated actually. I never had the time to finish polishing 2.5 compatibility, and that was a year ago already.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @CrevsDaak any hope of giving some love to this mod? :smiley:

I'm resurrecting myself at this forum just to give this mod some attention ;)
    @Sed maybe this weekend, but I can't promise anything. Since I want to do extensive testing and do not have the time for that, I've not been working on it (same thing happens with other mods I maintain as well). Although, I have one of the biggest issues on this mod pretty much fixed, so it's not that much work I think, maybe I'll manage to fix most other bugs this weekend.
    Ludwig_IIgorgonzola
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CrevsDaak
    ArthasII wrote: »
    Don't forget item upgrade, CrevsDaak :p
    What I'm planning to do on it isn't bugfixing (it should be working fine now) so it's only on my long term to do list.
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 278
    edited June 2020
    The mod is not installed (errors) when trying to install it on EET in Windows x64. Reason in lib/exe_patch.tpa file.

In the tp2-file there is a command:
    ACTION_IF GAME_IS "bg2ee eet" BEGIN
    INCLUDE ~7c-yoshi/lib/exe_patch.tpa~
    PRINT @9902
    END

And the "exe_patch.tpa" file provides for checking the availability of operating systems. But only two - Mac or Win32:

ACTION_IF %WEIDU_OS% STR_EQ "osx" BEGIN
    COPY "BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/MacOS/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition" "BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/MacOS/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition"
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY EXACT_MATCH CASE_SENSITIVE "YOSHIMO" ~7C#0000~ (7)
    BUT_ONLY
    END ELSE ACTION_IF %WEIDU_OS% STR_EQ "win32" BEGIN
    COPY baldur.exe baldur.exe
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY EXACT_MATCH CASE_SENSITIVE "YOSHIMO" ~7C#0000~ (7)
    BUT_ONLY
    END ELSE BEGIN
    FAIL "I haven't implemented Linux support yet. Please contact me (CrevsDaak) on the G3 forums and tell me where the linux exec is so that I can patch that shit as well"
    END

That is, with any other OS and EET (except Mac and Win32), the installation of the mod is interrupted.
    And the user who used Win64 and EET, could not install this mod.

I rewrote the code in the "exe_patch.tpa" file and removed forced installation termination ("FAIL"):

ACTION_IF %WEIDU_OS% STR_EQ "osx" BEGIN
    COPY "BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/MacOS/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition" "BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/MacOS/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition"
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_SENSITIVE EXACT_MATCH "YOSHIMO" ~7C#0000~ (7)
    BUT_ONLY
    END ELSE BEGIN
    COPY baldur.exe baldur.exe
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_SENSITIVE EXACT_MATCH "YOSHIMO" ~7C#0000~ (7)
    END

After that, the mod was installed normally.
    Please fix this bug in the new version! Maybe this problem can be solved differently, but I found only such an option.

There is also another problem in this "exe_patch.tpa" file - the third line is incorrectly worded:
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY EXACT_MATCH CASE_SENSITIVE...

And when installing the mod on EET for the user receives an error:
    [7c-yoshi/lib/exe_patch.tpa] PARSE ERROR at line 3 column 1-48
    Near Text: CASE_SENSITIVE
    GLR parse error

According to the WeiDU-documentation, the order of values in this command should be like this:
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_SENSITIVE EXACT_MATCH...
    After fixing this line, everything was installed.
    CrevsDaak
    Thanks, I'll get to it later when I have the time for modding. Both issues look as if WeiDU had its behaviour changed to me, so maybe I'll have some catching up to do on that as well.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    One question, sorry if this is explained in detail in the readme or somewhere else. In my Imoen 4 Ever mod, I let Yoshimo come with the same ship to Brynnlaw in case Imoen is in party (so the player can recruit Yoshimo in Brynnlaw and doesn't have to do chapter 4 without a potential thief after Imoen is finally taken by Irenicus.)
    Does this result in problems for Keeping Yoshimo? I have a faint recall that he can't be somewhere at some point or he'll instantly die or somesuch.
    jastey wrote: »
    Does this result in problems for Keeping Yoshimo? I have a faint recall that he can't be somewhere at some point or he'll instantly die or somesuch.
    I think it's one of the Spellhold areas where he'll instantly die, but I'm not sure. This mod is in no way close to release and I still have a lot of testing to do, so I'll add doing compatibility tests with your mod into my never-ending to-do list, and writing code to make them compatible if needed.
    @CrevsDaak I4E lets him appear on the ship upon arrival in Brynnlaw and in case the player doesn't take him into the group he'll wait in the Brynnlaw Inn. If there is any problems/incompatibilities with Imoen 4 Ever let me know.
    jastey wrote: »
    @CrevsDaak I4E lets him appear on the ship upon arrival in Brynnlaw and in case the player doesn't take him into the group he'll wait in the Brynnlaw Inn. If there is any problems/incompatibilities with Imoen 4 Ever let me know.
    That doesn't sound like it could cause any sort of problems with this mod, although I might have to revise the spawn of the mages on this mod's encounters to be completely certain.
    jastey
    @CrevsDaak for Imoen4Ever v5, Yoshimo's arrival at Brynnlaw is no longer in the main mod but an optional component (just in case you were planning on detecting I4E in the mod).