Skip to content

Keeping Yoshimo is now available for EE and Mac! (spoiler for newbies to BG2)

Comments

• SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Yea, I will do that.
    Just have to fire up an older save when I get home as well.
    CrevsDaak
    @CrevsDaak‌
    I'm getting a parsing error when trying to install the version you posted
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Sed said:

CrevsDaak‌

what does it say? I forgot to test this last version, I'll quickly get a fix when I get home.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    edited September 2014
    Got an error as well posting the debug for you

WeiDU v 23600 Log

C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\setup-7C#Yoshi.exe
    [./CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 843536 bytes
    [./CHITIN.KEY] 185 BIFFs, 59859 resources
    [.\weidu.conf] loaded, 17 bytes
    [lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] loaded, 16472777 bytes
    [lang\en_us/dialog.tlk] 140911 string entries

[7C#YOSHI/SETUP-7C#YOSHI.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 301 column 1-5
    Near Text: BEGIN
    GLR parse error

[7C#YOSHI/SETUP-7C#YOSHI.TP2] ERROR at line 301 column 1-5
    Near Text: BEGIN
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [7C#YOSHI/SETUP-7C#YOSHI.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: problem parsing TP file [7C#YOSHI/SETUP-7C#YOSHI.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

WeiDU Timings
    load TLK 0.000
    parsing .log files 0.000
    loading files 0.000
    Parsing TP2 files 0.016
    unmarshal KEY 0.063
    stuff not covered elsewhere 0.109
    unmarshal TLK 0.203
    TOTAL 0.391
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, I get the same error but I can't figure out what's going on. I didn't modify that BEGIN, to start with, so I dunno what it is complaining about.

I'm going back to version 0.88, since v0.89 was fixing an error in the vanilla game… so I don't think I should be doing that, if it's not an error in the mod, and fixing it breaks the mod, I'll leave it out.

v0.88 can be found here.
    CrevsDaak said:

Sed said:

CrevsDaak‌

what does it say? I forgot to test this last version, I'll quickly get a fix when I get home.
    That's just lazy :P
    I'll try v0.88 when I get home!
    CrevsDaak
    @CrevsDaak‌
    Unfortunately the 0.88 version doesn't fix Yoshimo's constant banter.
    Any ideas?
    Sed said:

CrevsDaak‌
    Unfortunately the 0.88 version doesn't fix Yoshimo's constant banter.
    Any ideas?

Yeah, it's a vanilla bug. Use this console command:
    C:SetGlobal("BYoshimo3","7C#Yoshi",1)
    and
    C:SetGlobal("BYoshimo4","7C#Yoshi",1)
    that should fix it (if it does, tell me, please).
    @CrevsDaak‌
    Nope, no fix :(
    OK, I've re-done v0.89 in a different way. Now it works (tested)! :P :D
    @CrevsDaak‌
    Haha, is that a promise? ;)
    I'll test it once I'm home.

Btw, should I uninstall the previous version before installing the new, or should I just install the new on top of? Which way is safest?
    And so it works!

However, I did notice a minor thing now that everything played out as they should.

Yoshimo left my party at the inn, but immediately spawned and came running up to me from across the room saying I shouldn't return until I have Imoen.
    Maybe he should wait a bit with his spawning ;)
    CrevsDaak
    edited September 2014
    Ok, i'll see what goes with that ;)
    Sed said:

@CrevsDaak‌
    Haha, is that a promise? ;)
    I'll test it once I'm home.

Btw, should I uninstall the previous version before installing the new, or should I just install the new on top of? Which way is safest?

I make it a policy to always uninstall the previous version of a mod before installing the new version unless it specifically says its okay to do so. Safest way in my opinion.
    CrevsDaakjackjack

Dunno if its the mod or not but on my latest playthrough I've run into Jaheira constantly reacting to Khalid's death until I got her away from the corpse, the first dialogue kept repeating with it not progressing past the first response. Also sometimes when I rested Yoshimo started spouting out all his initiate dialogue lines without actually initiating a discussion or banter and had to be removed from the party so I could rest or save. Attempting to talk to him shuts him up long enough to rest or save but it is VERY annoying.

Ok turns out the issue I had here was definitely caused by the whatever was causing Yoshimo to spew out his I want to talk lines when he could not initiate dialogue. Jaheira kept repeating about Khalid's death because Yoshimo was unable to offer his condolences. Good news is that this is definitely fixed with the new version.
    CrevsDaak
  • TarlonnielTarlonniel Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2014
    Hello! I tried this mod last week and had the same problem as iavasechui; the new version fixed that, but all banter between party members has now stopped. Forcing with ctl+i made the other party members' banters fire, but Yoshimo's didn't; there was one with Jaheira that simply cut off when Yoshimo was supposed to have a reply.

I'm at Spellhold now, hopefully everything goes smoothly... nope, it didn't. Yoshimo betrayed me as usual.
    edited September 2014

all banter between party members has now stopped. Forcing with ctl+i made the other party members' banters fire, but Yoshimo's didn't; there was one with Jaheira that simply cut off when Yoshimo was supposed to have a reply.

Do you have any other mods installed? Anyway Yoshimo has just one banter initiated by himself (with Mazzy), so I doubt it would be an issue, since he also has few banters. Which party members do you have in your party? Also, which reply was cut? the one to Khalid's death?

I'm at Spellhold now, hopefully everything goes smoothly... nope, it didn't. Yoshimo betrayed me as usual.

Do you have a previous save I could use to check? I'd like to see what goes with that. Also, did he had other dialog options or did he just leave a la vanilla style of "sorry bro but I gotta kill you"?
    I tested the Jaheira reacting to Khalid's dead and Yoshimo's comment works fine.
  • TarlonnielTarlonniel Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

Do you have any other mods installed? Anyway Yoshimo has just one banter initiated by himself (with Mazzy), so I doubt it would be an issue, since he also has few banters. Which party members do you have in your party? Also, which reply was cut? the one to Khalid's death?

I have the following installed (digs out WeiDU log): Banterpack, IEP banters, Romantic Encounters, Haer'dalis romance, Sarevok romance and Xan NPC.

I had Jaheira, Minsc and Yoshimo in the party. The banter that seemed to be cutoff started with Jaheira telling Yoshimo to stop directing his eyes her way; that was the only part that played, her telling him to stop looking, then it just ended. He spoke up just fine in dialogue with out-of-party NPCs like Saemon or Renal, and stuff like his "better go talk to Renal" upon entering the docks fired perfectly. Everything at Spellhold went as it normally does, though I only played up until Irenicus did his little soul-stealing bit and the Candlekeep dream sequence started. Sorry, I don't have a save... I can reinstall and start a new game and get a save for you at whatever point you'd like, though.

Uhm, I'll test it out myself, thanks for the report ;)
    Oh when I got that error that was two versions ago, I was just saying its fixed for me now.
    CrevsDaak
  • wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
    Hi, I got the same problem as Sed, but somehow v0.89 doesn't fix it in my case. I tried installing and uninstalling the mod several times. Doesn't help.

I've installed these mods: Imoen friendship, de'Arnise romance, Edwin romance, Sarevok friendship, Back to Brynlaw, Unfinished business, Xan NPC, Isandir portraits mod, Fade NPC.

Still, thanks for your good work.
    edited September 2014
    Hi @wuthering20‌, I'd like to have a look at your saved game, could you please zip/rar the one with this issue (make the game auto-save if you can't save normally) and another one before it? Saved games are in Documents/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/save, and they are composed by the whole 000000## - Example folder.

Also, please zip/rar the files YOSHIMO.BCS, YOSHIP.DLG and YOSHIJ.DLG from the 'override' folder (which should be in the same directory as the CHITIN.KEY).

Upload the zip/rar'd files using the 'Attach a file' option under the comment box :)
    CrevsDaak said:

Do you have a previous save I could use to check? I'd like to see what goes with that. Also, did he had other dialog options or did he just leave a la vanilla style of "sorry bro but I gotta kill you"?
    Alright, I found and fixed that one by now, it'll make it to the next version (probably later today).
    Wow, I got the constant talking + katana unusable problems yesterday and posted a comment here. Somehow today when I recruited Yoshimo again (because with that bug I can't keep him in the party), the former problem disappeared! Now the only glitch is that he can't use his personal item. Still, I attached my save and YOSHIMO.BCS (I can't find other 2 files, sorry) below if you want to check. I'll continue playing to see if it happens again. Thanks.
    OK, new version 0.9 is here :D at last!
    Thanks to everyone for testing the mod (and reporting the errors :p)!
    wuthering20Ravenslight
    Hello again. Now I've finished SOA with Yoshimo in my party. When I was inquiring his determination in chapter 7 before facing Irenicus, it just stroke me that he never told me about the geas before. (In Brynlaw, he had found a reason to leave the party before entering Spellhold, then just joined back after saving Imoen without much explanation.) So I checked the webpage and saw these descriptions:

adds dialogue re: Yoshi's betrayal of the PC (his spying b/c Irenicus' Geas)
    adds an entirely new subplot for Yoshi with dialgoues and an encounter

Seems I somehow missed them! Can you shed some light on this? Thanks.
    CrevsDaak
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2014
    @wuthering20 Last I can recall it (and this was a long time ago) from the original version it was supposed to happen after Imoen and Yoshi have rejoined, but before the mage duo encounter. However, I can't recall anymore specifically what triggers his confession... Did you fight the two mages? The trigger for the mage duo battle is now dependent upon XP level, I believe.

Anyway, @CrevsDaak can tell us since he's the coder.
    wuthering20
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited September 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

There's just one thing I have to point out, it's much better to install this mod last because it needs to change Yoshimo's death variable, which might be used by other mods, so if you want to keep compatibility, install it last in EE and BG2 Mac installs (BG2 Windows installations patch BGMain.exe).

You don't need to worry about stuff added by other mods--everything is done by patching instead of replacing files.

wait... what? Why would you do that? Unless I'm missing something this is completely unnecessary. Please list all things you are gaining by this messy solution.

btw. nice mod ;)
    @swit‌ only way to keep him in ToB without modifying the executable. Next version will patch the executable on Mac and BG2:EE too (IF I get the time, it might get released in around a week).
    Lemernis said:

@wuthering20 Last I can recall it (and this was a long time ago) from the original version it was supposed to happen after Imoen and Yoshi have rejoined, but before the mage duo encounter. However, I can't recall anymore specifically what triggers his confession... Did you fight the two mages? The trigger for the mage duo battle is now dependent upon XP level, I believe.

Anyway, @CrevsDaak can tell us since he's the coder.

There were some mistakes on everything regarding Yoshimo's dialogs. I made yet another mistake which caused none of them to trigger :p but all should be fixed in the latest version (v0.9 beta).
    wuthering20swit
    edited October 2014
    New (beta) version 0.91 is here! already old!
    Use the new one blow this post!
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on