Skip to content

Keeping Yoshimo is now available for EE and Mac! (spoiler for newbies to BG2)

Comments

• MatschdockMatschdock Member Posts: 14
    Hi, after a a lookup in the web for the Stuttering_test, the test worked and the problem seems to be Block 13 in the Yoshimo.bcs
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • MatschdockMatschdock Member Posts: 14
    After some more testing i know its the block, with Edwin going female and Yoshimo making fun of him.
    If i dismiss Edwin the talking stops and if i invite him back to the group Yoshimo starts talking again.

So i created the Local Variable "BYOSHIMO14" and set it on 1.(The Value was checked in Block13)

It seems to be fine now. Is there any other Check on this variable, or it is okay that i set the variable at 1?
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Matschdock yeah, that'll go right, I'll test it out and (hopefully) get it fixed for the next version.
    jackjack
    Version 0.95 is out!
    Get it now here!

Note: this version doesn't do anything but code improvements and a change to the mod's setup file's name.
    jackjackJuliusBorisovelminster
  • TarlonnielTarlonniel Member Posts: 13
    I downloaded the newest version (0.96), but when I unzipped it, there was no setup file to be found. Help?
    kelvin180
  • kelvin180kelvin180 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you, Tarlonniel, for bringing this up. I have the exact same issue. In fact I think than last *several* update downloads have lacked the setup file that allows you to actually install the mod. Which means we're stuck on 0.88, I believe. What gives?
    @kelvin180: read this post. Sorry, I had forgotten to post the answer here too.
    I appreciate the response. I'm not intrinsically tech-savvy enough to do much more than click things, though. I re-named the executable for the windows WeiDu, but what does 'put it on the same path' mean? I hate to be a bother just because I'm unfamiliar with the systems, but maybe a step-by-step guide...?
  • DespotYetiDespotYeti Member Posts: 6
    According to my limited knowledge, it would be in the same location as the TP2 file.
    I relocated the TP2 file from the 7C-Yoshi folder to the main game directory where all the other .exe's and tp2's for other mods are, renamed the fresh WeiDu exactly as specified, turned on the setup program and got "No translation provided" and "Undefined String". At this point I'm just grateful that I didn't screw up badly enough to crash my whole game, but I don't think I'll be successfully installing the mod any time soon. Is it user-friendly enough in instructions as is, and I'm just *really* bad at this?
    kelvin180 said:

Is it user-friendly enough in instructions as is, and I'm just *really* bad at this?

No, it's not user-friendly, and I don't know how to give good tutorials.
    kelvin180 said:

I appreciate the response. I'm not intrinsically tech-savvy enough to do much more than click things, though. I re-named the executable for the windows WeiDu, but what does 'put it on the same path' mean? I hate to be a bother just because I'm unfamiliar with the systems, but maybe a step-by-step guide...?

You need to put the .exe file after renaming it in the same path as the 7C-Yoshi folder.
    kelvin180 said:

I relocated the TP2 file from the 7C-Yoshi folder to the main game directory where all the other .exe's and tp2's for other mods are, renamed the fresh WeiDu exactly as specified, turned on the setup program and got "No translation provided" and "Undefined String". At this point I'm just grateful that I didn't screw up badly enough to crash my whole game, but I don't think I'll be successfully installing the mod any time soon. Is it user-friendly enough in instructions as is, and I'm just *really* bad at this?

Don't move the .tp2. It's not necessary. Check that the 7C-Yoshi/lang/english contains this files:interjections.tra
    n_yoshi_edit.tra
    setup.tra
    tol.tra
    torosan.tra
    yoshi_begin.tra
    yoshi_tob.tra
    yoshi.tra
    If it doesn't contain ALL of those files, check that your antivirus didn't chew them or download the mod again.
    Okay it installed correctly. My problem was, in fact, moving the .tp2 file to the main directory. Thanks!
    CrevsDaak
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    I've been trying to install on basic, original BG2. I keep getting an issue about old_way not being convertible into an integer. Here's my log.
    @dockaboomski that issue was already fixed. I forgot to post the link for it here... Get it from here. Sorry.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Thanks @CrevsDaak. This might be the only mod I won't play the game without, so keep up the good work.
    CrevsDaak
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    does it need a fresh start to work?
    @Itomon depends on which part of the game you are. If you've already been to Brynnlaw, yes, otherwise, no.
    Itomon
    (spoilers ahead)

I just cleared spellhold and nothing happened during, or after battle against irenicus (i got help from the prisioners). Then, after Samoen Havarian dialogue (no matter what option), yoshimo dies and disappears instantly. If i kill him myself he doesn't desappear, but after ressurrected he then dies and disappear.

Any thoughts on what might that bug be?
    Itomon said:

I just cleared spellhold and nothing happened during, or after battle against irenicus (i got help from the prisioners). Then, after Samoen Havarian dialogue (no matter what option), yoshimo dies and disappears instantly. If i kill him myself he doesn't desappear, but after ressurrected he then dies and disappear.

When did you install the mod? Could you please post your WeiDU.log (if you have any other mods installed), also, may you upload your saved game so I can take a look at it? Thanks!
    elminster
    Weidu log content:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~7C-YOSHI/7C-YOSHI.TP2~ #0 #5 // Keeping Yoshimo after Spellhold: v0.96 b

Zipped 2 saves, "heart" is the original game BEFORE entering brynnlaw, and the second one is when bug occurs (must go up and talk to saemon, then yoshi dies). Unfortunately i just have those 2 so if fix is only avaliable BEFORE brynnlaw i should run all the Bodhi dungeon again :/
    CrevsDaak
  • aqzinaaqzina Member Posts: 28
    For some reason, Yoshimo stopped talking to me, after leaving the party at Brynnlaw
    CrevsDaak
    Hi @aqzina! May I ask you to post your WeiDU.log file's contents if you have any other mods that Keeping Yoshimo installed, and if the issue fixed itself after going through Spellhold (because it might be a false positive if you have not been to Spellhold).

Right now I'm out of time to check your saved game but later I will do so.
    jackjackItomon
  • aqzinaaqzina Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2015
    Hi @CrevsDaak !

Thanks for the quick response, attached is my WeiDU.log. I have a couple of mods, and I installed them in the order described in the sticky topic in this forum. I did not start a new game until all the mods are installed.

I started having this issue after I came back from Spellhold. Usually, after I rescue Imoen, I directly kick her off the party, maybe that is related to that?

I played with the flags and managed to add him back to my party (changed the trigger variable). But after some time passed (I was around Underdark then) Yoshimo gave me the same talk at Brynnlaw (the one about the mages), and then left the party for good. (I assume he went back to Brynnlaw :))
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    Yoshimo has been very silent, and now he's spewing lines again... I tried to go to gibberlings 3 to see if a new version was up that would fix this but the site is down...

Yoshimo has been very silent, and now he's spewing lines again... I tried to go to gibberlings 3 to see if a new version was up that would fix this but the site is down...

I haven't posted any updates either. If I get a working update I'll post an announcement here ;)
    JuliusBorisov
    I'll be sure to keep an eye out then. For now I've kicked him to continue my file. He never had any new conversations so clearly something went wrong on my end. Heck... he kinda stopped saying anything, I'll grab him again for when I go to Spellhold to free up a spot for Imoen.

For now I'm stuck trying to decide who to perma kick for her because I want to take her but I'm using right now Coran (mod obviously but I've not used him in BG2 before and I really liked him in bg1), Branwen (also mod but I needed a cleric and didn't want to use Anomen or Aerie again, I love them but I use them in almost every playthough), Jaheira is the most likely to get booted at this point but I will miss her bees of doom and I am worried if I will lose her forever even after I get her harper pin, Mazzy I really want to use her because of blatant favoritism I will kick her for Yoshimo before spellhold because I know she will be rejoinable afterwards but I want to get her back afterwards, and Edwin testing out his romance mod so kicking him isn't exactly an option. But I do want to use Imoen after all the effort rescuing her I cannot just abandon her soooo I have a dilemma XD
    CrevsDaak

For now I'm stuck trying to decide who to perma kick for her because I want to take her but I'm using right now Coran (mod obviously but I've not used him in BG2 before and I really liked him in bg1), Branwen (also mod but I needed a cleric and didn't want to use Anomen or Aerie again, I love them but I use them in almost every playthough), Jaheira is the most likely to get booted at this point but I will miss her bees of doom and I am worried if I will lose her forever even after I get her harper pin, Mazzy I really want to use her because of blatant favoritism I will kick her for Yoshimo before spellhold because I know she will be rejoinable afterwards but I want to get her back afterwards, and Edwin testing out his romance mod so kicking him isn't exactly an option. But I do want to use Imoen after all the effort rescuing her I cannot just abandon her soooo I have a dilemma XD

I'm not sure if you're up to breaking your game (save before doing this), but if you enable the console and Ctrl+K your PC (it's recommended that you have the game paused and Ctrl+Y your PC afterwards) you can play with 6 party members and no PC (all bugs that would arise are up to you. The NPC that joined first will become Player1/CHARNAME).

Otherwise I'd suggest leaving out Imoen =p
    JuliusBorisov
    XD Giving up my PC and Imoen isn't really an option, honestly its probably going to be Jaheira or Mazzy... Really it should be Coran but I really want a thief who can level as one.
  • sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    Hi there, just installed this mod and started a new game in ToB, but the Fate Spirit can't summon Yoshimo.. do I need to start a new game from SoA? however, summoning him in my vanilla BG2 new ToB game works.
    edited March 2016
    sansserif said:

Hi there, just installed this mod and started a new game in ToB, but the Fate Spirit can't summon Yoshimo.. do I need to start a new game from SoA? however, summoning him in my vanilla BG2 new ToB game works.

You mean it doesn't work in BG2:EE? I'll take a look (also, are you using any other mods?)

Edit: I've tested it and I can get him without any problems.