Skip to content

Keeping Yoshimo is now available for EE and Mac! (spoiler for newbies to BG2)

Comments

• sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2016
    @CrevsDaak my client had some bugs so I'm making a fresh install and will update.

He works perfectly in the original BG2 game which I have installed, did a run up to Saradush and he's great, just no banters.

At that point I had Dorn Romance Mod and Ascension shawnee epilogues. Running the beta, but read the part that it's not recommended to install mods on the beta, so will be installing on other my v1.3 copy instead. My beta also had some minor bugs.

Do you know if I install this on v1.3, what other mods could go with KY to make him a bit.. talkative? Are Yoshimo Friendship or Yoshimo Romance compatible with KY?

[update]

Still can't get it to work.
    Here are the mods I have installed (on a v1.3 game) using this page https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list/p1 as a reference.

-Ascension (Shawnee epilogues)
    -Assassinations
    -Back to Brynnlaw
    -Sellswords
    -Adalons Blood
    -Planar Sphere
    -Keeping Yoshimo
    -Dorn Romance
    -Solaufein

(Installing KY after Solaufein causes a parse error)

note: I just can't summon him with the Fate Spirit in a new ToB game. But I can in the BG2 original. The mod installs fine, nevertheless. Did you summon him with the Fate Spirit or did you bring him into ToB from SoA with an end game party? I definitely would like to use him with a good-aligned party instead of Hexxat, also considering the fact that her cloak has a number of restrictions.
    Post edited by sansserif on
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    sansserif said:

He works perfectly in the original BG2 game which I have installed, did a run up to Saradush and he's great, just no banters.

Huh. You mean in that there's no banters in ToB or after Spellhold? He has no banter in ToB (Lemernis wants to write content for ToB but he's been too busy).
    sansserif said:

note: I just can't summon him with the Fate Spirit in a new ToB game. But I can in the BG2 original. The mod installs fine, nevertheless. Did you summon him with the Fate Spirit or did you bring him into ToB from SoA with an end game party?

Yeah. Not sure whatsupp with your game. Maybe the dialog is being modified by some other mod or something. Now I'm not sure about anything but I'd be really grateful if you can upload somewhere your dialog.tlk and your fatesp.dlg files (the first one should be in lang/en_US/ and the other in override/ if your game isn't in english then it'll be in the language you're playing with's folder).
    sansserif said:

Do you know if I install this on v1.3, what other mods could go with KY to make him a bit.. talkative? Are Yoshimo Friendship or Yoshimo Romance compatible with KY?

I am not sure if they are compatible, but I've heard that they don't go well together as they differ on the lore and Yoshimo's future part. So no.
    sansserif said:

Still can't get it to work.
    Here are the mods I have installed (on a v1.3 game) using this page https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list/p1 as a reference.

-Ascension (Shawnee epilogues)
    -Assassinations
    -Back to Brynnlaw
    -Sellswords
    -Adalons Blood
    -Planar Sphere
    -Keeping Yoshimo
    -Dorn Romance
    -Solaufein

(Installing KY after Solaufein causes a parse error)

ALWAYS install KY last on EE games. It changes Yoshimo's death variable to get past the "Yoshimo is removed from your party" thing in ToB, which requires to patch all the dialogues and scripts in the game to adapt them to this change. Also could you tell me what does it say when it causes a parse error. It might be an issue in Solaufein (because that mod overwrites files instead of patching them) that is being brought up to light by the fact that KY patches all scripts/dialogues in the game. I'll test that myself because there might be more than one file that WeiDU is bitching about.

Also, could you check which mods modified fatesp.dlg by checking if there's a copy of it in the mods' backup folders? Thanks in advance.
  • sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2016
    CrevsDaak wrote: »
    Huh. You mean in that there's no banters in ToB or after Spellhold? He has no banter in ToB (Lemernis wants to write content for ToB but he's been too busy).

ToB.
    Yeah. Not sure whatsupp with your game. Maybe the dialog is being modified by some other mod or something. Now I'm not sure about anything but I'd be really grateful if you can upload somewhere your dialog.tlk and your fatesp.dlg files (the first one should be in lang/en_US/ and the other in override/ if your game isn't in english then it'll be in the language you're playing with's folder).

Does this mean that you are able to summon Yoshimo with the Fate Spirit for a new ToB game?

Anyway, uploaded my files here:-

https://www.mediafire.com/?5s3blkdywt2crjl <--- dialog.tlk
    https://www.mediafire.com/?5s3blkdywt2crjl <--- FATESP.dlg
    ALWAYS install KY last on EE games. It changes Yoshimo's death variable to get past the "Yoshimo is removed from your party" thing in ToB, which requires to patch all the dialogues and scripts in the game to adapt them to this change. Also could you tell me what does it say when it causes a parse error. It might be an issue in Solaufein (because that mod overwrites files instead of patching them) that is being brought up to light by the fact that KY patches all scripts/dialogues in the game. I'll test that myself because there might be more than one file that WeiDU is bitching about.

I am having trouble installing KY last (ie after Sola NPC Mod) because it seems that Sola NPC Mod causes these parse errors. I got some location unavailable error. I get the same with Dorn extended romance mod, so I had to install Sola NPC Mod last.
    Also, could you check which mods modified fatesp.dlg by checking if there's a copy of it in the mods' backup folders? Thanks in advance.

Only Sola NPC at the moment. Surprisingly KY doesn't create a copy.

[update]: It seems to work now. I did a fresh install, left out the Solaufein mod and installed the latest version of KY. However, the words the Fate Spirit said upon summoning Yoshimo, seems to be different from my vanilla BG2 installation - there, the Fate Spirit said "as your fates are entwined", but in my EE game, it just says "As you wish."
    Post edited by sansserif on
    edited March 2016
    sansserif said:

ToB.

Does this mean that you are able to summon Yoshimo with the Fate Spirit for a new ToB game?

Anyway, uploaded my files here:-

https://www.mediafire.com/?5s3blkdywt2crjl <--- dialog.tlk
    https://www.mediafire.com/?5s3blkdywt2crjl <--- FATESP.dlg

I am having trouble installing KY last (ie after Sola NPC Mod) because it seems that Sola NPC Mod causes these parse errors. I got some location unavailable error. I get the same with Dorn extended romance mod, so I had to install Sola NPC Mod last.

Only Sola NPC at the moment. Surprisingly KY doesn't create a copy.

[update]: It seems to work now. I did a fresh install, left out the Solaufein mod and installed the latest version of KY. However, the words the Fate Spirit said upon summoning Yoshimo, seems to be different from my vanilla BG2 installation - there, the Fate Spirit said "as your fates are entwined", but in my EE game, it just says "As you wish."

Then it's probably Sola NPC bugging out all that stuff (which means no work for me unless there's some compatibility I can add on my end). KY has no ToB content, so that's OK as well. Dunno what's up with EE/vanilla's phrase after you summon Yoshimo changing (also thanks for mentioning that because I had never noticed) but I don't think I'll fix it (first, it's minor, and second it might be that the string in the game was changed which isn't something I can mess with). Thank you very much for your files! I'll look them as soon as I have an hour free (probably tomorrow, maybe today before I go to sleep).

Sorry for answering in a block but I don't have the slightest idea how to use (nor the intent on learning how) this bloody WYSIWYG editor. I'm sorry, I'm a plain text guy and I can't deal with this type of things. :p

Edit: you've linked me dialog.tlk twice :p
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    edited April 2016
    @CrevsDaak So I installed the mod v96, Yoshi's own katana is unusable and the 7c#kat2 and 01 become literally 7gold pieces when added through EEkeeper. Looking at NearInfinity shows nothing out of ordinary in any of those items.

Is this what happens in v96 or is that conflict with other mods? I did install this one last.

Edit: Other mods installed before this were: unfinished business, restoration pack, tweakpack, banterpack, iepbanters, imoen friendship, item upgrade and free action not affecting speed. Not necessarily in this order.
    @Queegon
    Queegon said:

@CrevsDaak So I installed the mod v96, Yoshi's own katana is unusable and the 7c#kat2 and 01 become literally 7gold pieces when added through EEkeeper. Looking at NearInfinity shows nothing out of ordinary in any of those items.

Are you installing the game to EE or vanilla BG2? The 7 gold issue is an engine bug when an item starts with a number (it also happens with the console, but not with in-game scripts or other stuff).

@sansserif you've linked me the dialog.tlk twice. I need your fatesp.dlg file too ;)
    Installed on EE 2.1, not compatible?
    As for the items I can simply rename them then but then I take it I won't receive them anywhere as a quest reward as that's what Celestial Harmony seems to be being wielded by Tor.
    edited April 2016
    @CrevsDaak Okay, this is weird. I renamed the katana.itm and added it to my inventory. It showed as unusable despite all the flags allowing it. I then keepered it directly to hand, it had no icon on UI (showing bare hand) and no visual on yoshi's sprite.
    I then created yoshi8 with console and he had his own katana he could actually use, he could use the celestial harmony with proper icon and sprite animation. So what gives? How did my own Yoshimo I encountered in Irenicus' Lair got so bugged by installing this? Local variables are the same for both original and copy Yoshimo.

Guess I'll just speed original one's geas by hacking him into pieces and carry on with the "He was a copy? A copy of another person? I wonder why charname made him..."
    Post edited by Queegon on
  • ArichmaegardArichmaegard Member Posts: 10
    Hello, sorry to be a bother, but I'm currently unable to install the mod. I've downloaded it, renamed a fresh WeiDu file correctly, and I'm able to begin the installation. However, after a short time, I get this line:
    ERROR: cannot resolve action 370
    ERROR: [NALIA.BCS] -> [override/NALIA.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

It then says 'stopping installation because of error' three times.
    Any idea what's going wrong here? The other mods I have installed are: Edwin Romance, Unfinished Business, Wizard Slayer Rebalancing, SCS.
    Thank you very much in advance for your help.
    @Queegon
    Queegon said:

@CrevsDaak Okay, this is weird. I renamed the katana.itm and added it to my inventory. It showed as unusable despite all the flags allowing it. I then keepered it directly to hand, it had no icon on UI (showing bare hand) and no visual on yoshi's sprite.
    I then created yoshi8 with console and he had his own katana he could actually use, he could use the celestial harmony with proper icon and sprite animation. So what gives? How did my own Yoshimo I encountered in Irenicus' Lair got so bugged by installing this? Local variables are the same for both original and copy Yoshimo.

Guess I'll just speed original one's geas by hacking him into pieces and carry on with the "He was a copy? A copy of another person? I wonder why charname made him..."

Had you started the game before installing the mod? That might be causing it, or, I you didn't, I would need to edit the .gam file and change Yoshi's DV there (definitely it's not the item, I checked that WAY too many times). If it doesn't bother you, could you hand me a saved game in which Yoshimo can't use the sword? I don't really need it but it might help.
    Queegon said:

Installed on EE 2.1, not compatible?

Nothing should break AFAIK, but I'll have to test it anyway.

@Arichmaegard

Hello, sorry to be a bother, but I'm currently unable to install the mod. I've downloaded it, renamed a fresh WeiDu file correctly, and I'm able to begin the installation. However, after a short time, I get this line:
    ERROR: cannot resolve action 370
    ERROR: [NALIA.BCS] -> [override/NALIA.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

It then says 'stopping installation because of error' three times.
    Any idea what's going wrong here? The other mods I have installed are: Edwin Romance, Unfinished Business, Wizard Slayer Rebalancing, SCS.
    Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Could you please show me your setup-7c-yoshi.debug file? All I need to know is there. Also, if you can find the file called NALIA.BCS in your override folder, zip it and upload it somewhere as well (if it's not there do a folder/general search on the whole game's directory and send me all the copies you find). WeiDU is rather mysterious when it comes to script errors, hence why I need all this info.
    @CrevsDaak Ok, that was the reason, I did install the mod while in Irenicus Dungeon after getting out of cell but before meeting him. Didn't occur to me he would get bugged even before meeting him or getting to his area.
    CrevsDaak
    @CrevsDaak The zipped DEBUG file is attached. Thank you so much for your help. Also, I searched the entire BG2:EE game directory, and did not get a single result for NALIA.BCS...
    CrevsDaak
    @Queegon
    Queegon said:

@CrevsDaak Ok, that was the reason, I did install the mod while in Irenicus Dungeon after getting out of cell but before meeting him. Didn't occur to me he would get bugged even before meeting him or getting to his area.

Then it is that, or if it happens again in a fully anew game with the mod installed I'll have to seriously edit the .gam (and maybe the existing saves' .gam as well). Thanks again!

@Arichmaegard

@CrevsDaak The zipped DEBUG file is attached. Thank you so much for your help. Also, I searched the entire BG2:EE game directory, and did not get a single result for NALIA.BCS...

Thank youuuu!!!
    I just one conclusion and it is that something changed your action.ids and removed entry number 370. If you want me to fix this just take your action.ids from your override folder and upload it here. I'll upload you a working one or work further on this if this isn't the issue. I'll be also helpful if you do a search for it in the game folder to determinate which mod broke it (it'll be in the backup folder of the mods that modified it). If you want to fix it by yourself add this line to your action.ids:
    370 ChangeStat(O:Object*,I:Stat*Stats,I:Value*,I:Modifier*StatMod)
    And see if that fixes it by trying to install the mod again.
    @CrevsDaak Thank you so much for all your help. I can't actually work out how to OPEN the file in order to edit it (as you've probably noticed, I'm not very tech-saavy), so I'm extremely grateful for your offer.
    As for which Mod apparently caused this issue, I THINK it may have been 'Unfinished Business'. I got quite a lot of results when I searched 'Action.ids' from it - do you know of any compatability issues between 'Keeping Yoshimo' and 'Unfinished Business'?
    Thanks again for all your work, not only on the mod itself, but also in responding so promptly to those who play it. It means a lot.
    CrevsDaak
    @Arichmaegard your welcome and thank you as well :)

Also, you can fix this by simply deleting action.ids from the override folder (it's just mangled, probably by UB as you've said)...
    I'm sorry I didn't suggest this before but I thought it might have added relevant stuff to the file (it doesn't add anything new for 2.1 AFAIK and have checked) and thought it might have been better to fix it instad of simply deleting the broken one.

Oh, and it might be a problem in general with UB and 2.1 BG2:EE, but Keeping Yoshimo brings it up since it touches all the dialogs and scripts present in the game (crazy, I know, but otherwise I would have to patch the executable, but I couldn't get that to work on my end... Not to talk that it isn't cross-platform and changes with patches and all that jazz).
    @CrevsDaak I deleted it, and the mod successfully installed! You have my immense gratitude for all this. I assume I'll need to copy one of the original ACTION.IDS files into the Override folder, to replace the deleted one?
    Really looking forward to using Yoshimo in the later stages of the game. I recall reading elsewhere that, as long as you're still pre-Brynnlaw, the mod will effect save games. My current playthrough stopped literally seconds after I recruited him in Irenicus' dungeon (realised I wanted to keep him this time :smile: )), will that still be alright? Or should I reload from an autosave, just to be safe?
    CrevsDaak
    edited April 2016
    @Arichmaegard

@CrevsDaak I deleted it, and the mod successfully installed! You have my immense gratitude for all this. I assume I'll need to copy one of the original ACTION.IDS files into the Override folder, to replace the deleted one?

Thanks!

No, just delete the action.ids in the override folder. That'd be enough. The game keeps the original copy of the file in another place.

Really looking forward to using Yoshimo in the later stages of the game. I recall reading elsewhere that, as long as you're still pre-Brynnlaw, the mod will effect save games. My current playthrough stopped literally seconds after I recruited him in Irenicus' dungeon (realised I wanted to keep him this time :smile: )), will that still be alright? Or should I reload from an autosave, just to be safe?

You have to start the game from character creation for it to work, but if you upload your save with Yoshimo in your party and the mod installed I can edit it for you.
    @CrevsDaak Thank you for your offer, but I've put you through more than enough trouble already! I was only about 40 minutes or so into the game, it's not as though I've lost a lot of work.
    Looking forward to this!
    CrevsDaak
  • axellsladeaxellslade Member Posts: 47
    So... I've downloaded the zip file from Github link provided in the thread by CrevsDaak and it has no exe file in the zip, just the tp2 and the assorted installation files.
    @axellslade http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/WeiDU-Windows-239.zip
    Copy and rename "WeiDU.exe" to "setup-7C-Yoshi.exe".
    I don't provided 'cause it get updated usually more than my mod ;p
    axellslade
  • axellsladeaxellslade Member Posts: 47
    CrevsDaak said:

@axellslade http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/WeiDU-Windows-239.zip
    Copy and rename "WeiDU.exe" to "setup-7C-Yoshi.exe".
    I don't provided 'cause it get updated usually more than my mod ;p

I had it installed already, I simply renamed one of the other setups I had to setup-7C-Yoshi.exe and intalled it fine.
    More of a heads up in case you missed the file unintentionally. :wink:
    CrevsDaak
  • JanJansenJanJansen Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2016
    I have a problem:

I downloaded version 0.96 from the gibberlings page, i could not find a link here. This created a file to compress which was called "7C-Yoshi-master". I extracted this to my BGII directory and now have a normal folder there (called "7C-Yoshi-master" which contends another "7C-Yoshi" folder). Then i downloaded the latest weidu.exe and renamed this exe to "setup-7C-Yoshi.exe". The folder and the exe are on the same directory on the same level. If i click on the .exe it says:

[c:\program files (x86)\gamesBGII SVA\setup-7C-Yoshi.exe] WeiDU version 23900 Setup-7c-Yoshi.exe.debug Queried (pid = -1)

Can anyone help me out with this issue? BTW: I have the normal SoA + ToB, not the EE

Other mods I have installed are banter pack and Weimer's ease of use
    @JanJansen (nice username btw) drop the "7C-Yoshi" folder out of the "7C-yoshi-master" folder and it should work.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited September 2016
    @CrevsDaak, are you sure there is still a problem with original "Yoshimo" DV in patch 2.x to warrant changing every single DV reference in game to new one? From what I tested this code:

COPY ~BALDUR.EXE~ ~BALDUR.EXE~
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Yoshimo~ ~~ (7)
    doesn't crash the game. Im patching the file myself in a similar vain too with this code without any problems:

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~NITEDAY~ ~~ (7)
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~DAYNITE~ ~~ (7)
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~SPIN649~ ~~ (7)
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~SPIN822~ ~~ (7)
    And maybe removing Yoshimo DV from executable is not even needed considering I can spawn Yoshimo in ToB just fine and he seems to not be automatically killed by game. Before making this change please test it out first - maybe I missed something.
    smeagolheartCrevsDaak
    @swit last time I tried it was like 1.3 beta idk. I could try it again idk. I think the thing is when you get to ToB from SoA/save export rather than spawning him there, but idk either. There was a problem with the baldur.exe crashing when being executed after being edited in that very same way but I guess it won't hurt to try again. I'll see what happens.
    OK, it doesn't crashes and it does work, so I'll be posting the new version tomorrow (2 busy rn). I might release another one in some time to make use of TobEx patches in ToB games with TobEx instead of patching the executable.
  • stewelementstewelement Member Posts: 51
    Hi CrevsDaak,
    I just installed the mod and started a new game, it's installed last. Yoshimo's katana is unusable. This isn't really that big of an issue for me, I just wanted to know if it was a sign of something else being broken (e.g. I cannot keep him after Spellhold). Thank you!
    edited September 2016
    @stewelement which version of the mod are you using? It might be something else, I'll give everything a check now in case I can realise what's causing that.

Also, I forgot to post about it here, but I've released v0.97. Link.
    Ravenslight
  • stewelementstewelement Member Posts: 51
    @CrevsDaak I'm using the version from your post (0.97). Just grabbed it last evening.
    CrevsDaak

@CrevsDaak I'm using the version from your post (0.97). Just grabbed it last evening.

@stewelement thanks. I've just fixed it. The download link is the same one since I've updated it on G3. My bad I should have picked up this one earlier, rofl. Also, if you have a save to reproduce the Spellhold bug I'd be really grateful (also, any other mods installed?).

Oh and since v0.97 you don't have to install it last. You install it after SCS because it takes its changes into account but nothing else matters.