Skip to content

Keeping Yoshimo is now available for EE and Mac! (spoiler for newbies to BG2)

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

New version 0.92 is here!

Get it from here!
  • wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
    Uh, thanks for the update, but I met a strange problem here. After I installed v.0.92, each time I tried to launch BG2EE via Steam it just poped out a message saying the game failed to start (error code: 51). I uninstalled the mod then everything worked fine.
    CrevsDaak
    Uugh!!! So the .exe patching doesn't work on the EEs!!!! I'll update it later to use the stupid workaround which creates the need for this mod to be installed last.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    This mod is definitely a game changer
    I am holing off on using it for now
    but will definitely give it a try in the future
    CrevsDaak
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    CrevsDaak said:

New version 0.92 is here!

Get it from here!
    Crevs, I installed this latest version but now I get an "Application load error 3:0000065432" error message when I try to run the game. I know it's this mod causing it because I have a clean install game and I'm installing mods in order and testing after each one. When I uninstall this mod the game runs normally.

This only happens if I choose the component "Keep Yoshimo after Spellhold". If I install only the chaotic-good Yoshimo component the game runs fine.
    @PeLLeT_RSD yep, I already got that reported. There are two options to fix it, bring back the old method and so on this mod will have to be installed last, or, use a different way of patching the executable that doesn't break the game. I'm working on the latter but it's a bit complicated.
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    CrevsDaak said:

@PeLLeT_RSD yep, I already got that reported. There are two options to fix it, bring back the old method and so on this mod will have to be installed last, or, use a different way of patching the executable that doesn't break the game. I'm working on the latter but it's a bit complicated.

Thanks for tthe reply!

Won't installing it last interfere with other mods? I have SCS and atweaks already installed.

CrevsDaak said:

Thanks for tthe reply!

Won't installing it last interfere with other mods? I have SCS and atweaks already installed.
    Yes and no. Older versions will require to be installed last, but those are a bug-fest you probably don't want to experience. I'll have the next version finished in some hours, I'll just need some Windows-users feedback that it works and then I can hopefully go to work with other mods.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Sorry for not reporting in for a while.. Still in doubt if i should keep Imoen or Yoshimo after spellhold, and I've been busy with the IWD beta ^^
    CrevsDaak
    Could someone with the Windows version of BG2:EE (with version v1.2.2030) open the game's main executable with a Hexadecimal Editor and please tell me the offset for the 7-bytes long string YOSHIMO (in Mac's executable it's 0x5b7719)? I can't patch the game's executable otherwise.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    I found it at 0x005E158C.
    In case you want to add checks in order not to patch a different version, in v1.2.2030, baldur.exe is 6736896 bytes long and its MD5 signature is 06274e8a6c64a6e5e4b2ee30220959de.
    CrevsDaak
    Isaya said:

I found it at 0x005E158C.
    In case you want to add checks in order not to patch a different version, in v1.2.2030, baldur.exe is 6736896 bytes long and its MD5 signature is 06274e8a6c64a6e5e4b2ee30220959de.

Thanks @Isaya‌! I'll update the mod as soon as I have the time (hopefully today).
    edited December 2014

Version 0.93 is out!

Get it here!
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
    JuliusBorisov
  • MatschdockMatschdock Member Posts: 14
    The Link is down, like many other on G3. Is there an alternative Download?
    @Matschdock‌ should be fixed now. Thanks.
    CrevsDaak said:

Version 0.93 is out!

Get it here!
    @CrevsDaak Thanks. The download works fine now.
    CrevsDaak
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    edited December 2014
    a bug in 0.93 ?

i have picked up yoshimo in irenicus' dungeon.
    he has a personal "yoshimos katana" equipped. It is only usable by "7C#YOSHI".
    If i take off the katana from yoshis hand, and immediately try to re-equip it to him, it says that this item can not be used.

BG2:EE 1.3 – German language (just in case this matters)
    with this mods installed (in that order):
    1. banterback
    2. unfinished business (did not install the component regarding yoshimo!)
    3. keeping yoshimo 0.93 (last of all mods installed)
    edited December 2014
    OH FUCK!
    That stupid unusable katana bug persists!
    I'll get the new version ready after I finish the code revision on the mod (90% done anyway).
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on

New (beta) version 0.94 is out!

Get it here now and have Yoshimo with you even in ToB!
    FrozenCells
    thanks – can i update from 0.93 to 0.94 in my running game with yoshi picked up already or should i stick with 0.93 or restart the game? (just came out of irenicus dungeon, so it would not matter much).
    edited December 2014
    @BelegCuthalion‌ it wouldn't be a problem. The only thing that changes is his sword (which SHOULD be usable by now). So yes, go ahead and update.
    edited January 2015
    (post was updated with new findings)

so now i entered docks district, and yoshimo approaches to me with "well hello there" instead of his dialogue about the shadow thieves. i can only end the conversation, and yoshi brings the wrong dialogue up again and again and again each second, making him unusable right now ...

as said, i had these installed additionally to it, but i uninstalled them to test ...
    1. banterback
    2. unfinished business (did not install the component regarding yoshimo!)

– with those two mods + keeping yoshimo: wrong dialog
    – uninstalled those two mods (only keeping yoshimo): wrong dialog
    – uninstalled keeping yoshimo too (making this a vanilla game in fact): correct dialog!
    – only installed banter pack and UB: correct dialog!
    (after each, i loaded the last save game and traveled to the docs)

conclusion: it seems to be related directly to keeping yoshimo if i get it right?
    Post edited by BelegCuthalion on
    @BelegCuthalion‌ thanks for the report. i'll test out when I get to the computer.
    thanks – i'll try a complete new run with fresh vanilla setup in the meantime. too much was going on with installs and uninstalls.
    okay, now i have done a clean install, then:
    - bg2_tweaks
    – unfinished business
    – dungeon-be-gone
    – keeping yoshimo

got out of the dungeon, talked to the shadow thief and went to the docks ... now the dialog from yoshi is all good! so it must have been some combinatio of the mods installed before, sorry for stirring things up.
    now hoping for a smooth game :smile:
    edited January 2015
    I could not reproduce that issue. It must be a clash with another mod or something in your install. I just tried in 1.3 BG2:EE and it didn't happen (besides, Keeping Yoshimo doesn't alter that dialog).

Edit: Oh well, Ninja'd, lol.
    Yoshi's a Ninja now? cool! :smiley:
    (sorry for stealing your time)
    CrevsDaakjackjack
    @Matschdock‌ what version are you using? Could you post the contents of your WeiDU.log file here? Could you install the mod linked in this post and see what output it gives when you load the saved game? I'll say something like "Running block X of FILENAME.BCS".
    Hi i'm using V0.93

My Weidu.log:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~TOTDG/SETUP-TOTDG.TP2~ #0 #0 // Colours of Infinity: Tales of the Deep Gardens
    ~TOTDG/SETUP-TOTDG.TP2~ #0 #1 // NPC Reactions (Aerie, Viconia, Jaheira, Anomen, Haer'Dalis, Keldorn)
    ~TOTDG/SETUP-TOTDG.TP2~ #0 #2 // Add Deep Gardens to the Worldmap - suggested component. If this component can't be installed due to incompatibilities, skip it.
    ~DC/SETUP-DC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Crawl: v8
    ~ASSASSINATIONS/SETUP-ASSASSINATIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assassinations mod for Baldur's Gate II: v11
    ~SELLSWORDS/SETUP-SELLSWORDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Sellswords mod for Baldur's Gate II: v5
    ~C#SB_SILBER/SETUP-C#SB_SILBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Adalon's Blood - Modification for BGII by Gandalf the white: 13
    ~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades -> Original list version: v40
    ~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades -> Original list version: v40
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA: V4.2
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB: V4.2
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Imoen "Retrospection" dialogue for BGII: ToB: V4.2
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wake-Up dialogue for Anomen Romance (By David Gaider with additions from Kulyok): V4.2
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // NPC Conflict Revisions: V4.2
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Aerie/Jaheira/Anomen interjection in Underdark: V4.2
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Yoshimo's Original Portrait: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen's Original Portrait: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v25
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // The Murder of Acton Balthis, by Kulyok: v25
    ~G3ANNIVERSARY/SETUP-G3ANNIVERSARY.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod: v9
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon): v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Gradual Drow Item Disintegration: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e): v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2351 // Alter Multiclass Restrictions -> Allow non-humans acces to all multiclass combinations: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2360 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2380 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3141 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Non-Silly Version: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v16
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.80b3
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.80b3
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Upgradeable Equipment: v4.80b3
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #11 // Chosen of Cyric encounter: v4.80b3
    ~7C#YOSHI/SETUP-7C#YOSHI.TP2~ #0 #5 // Keeping Yoshimo after Spellhold: v0.93 b

I got an error on installation of the test_stuttering. I attached the bug file.

Thanx in advance for helping me.