Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    let the drooling commence!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    @dee (any word on this?)
    Post edited by elminster on
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    What is the big deal with having a physical copy? I never understood why some people care so much about that. Does it play better or something? Like to look at the pretty artwork? I have over 500 downloadable games and generally hate physical copies.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I have a good feeling about this...

But only after reading this...

http://www.deepsilver.com/en/about-us/
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited November 2014
    If your PC gets struck by lightning (mine has been) - it's gone, if your PC gets stolen (mine has been) -it's gone, if you've got it on Steam you're only renting it. I like owning tangible things.

Edit: I've just pre-ordered a copy from Amazon UK.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    If I buy this... I will own the game in quadruplicate...
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Let's try again.
    @Dee‌ is this true? Is this a fake?
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited December 2014
    Surprise, surprise.
    I've just checked the status of my order on Amazon UK as it is supposed to be delivered today and they "haven't started preparing it for despatch" yet. When I then went to their page where it is advertised for sale it says "temporarily out of stock",

If it looks like a fish and smells like a fish......
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Looks promising, if true. I imagine more than a few stalwarts would snap up a physical copy.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Hmm... What's that underneath the box? Is it from a tabletop game or could it be something else they're cooking up?
    edited December 2014
    Flashburn said:

Hmm... What's that underneath the box? Is it from a tabletop game or could it be something else they're cooking up?

I think the first letter could be a H.
    also just above the forgotten realms it says campaign accessory
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Does it include the latest patch? :p
    lroumen said:

Does it include the latest patch? :p

I would assume so as the only case we've seen is BG:EE and 1.3 is already out for that :)
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Beamdog's Beamblog should definitely say something about this.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I wonder why there's still no official announcement about it. A tweet or a pic are fine but an official statement with all the details will be welcome. For e.g., on their new blog:)

It reminds me of the situation when the release date for IWDEE wasn't announced anywhere officially, just through a tweet by Trent and through other site's news.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Just when I thought that I had probably bought Baldur’s Gate for the last time. And what a handy way to give it as gifts.

I agree with @bengoshi Come to me my precious!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    LMTR14 said:

imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon this in a shop yesterday. after all the complaints before the release of the game and all the talk of "we can't afford a physical release" you release the game NOW and don't even ANNOUNCE it?!?! you mad beamdog? can you actually be any stupider?!

PS: of course I bought it, I'm a collector. (no question that I will buy 2 and IWD too obviously)

They always stated that a physical release was something they'd like to do, however, unable to afford.

With the supposed delays and the company's new approach, announcing a exact date without confirmation it'd be shipped (especially before Christmas) on time is actually smart on their part.

You'd have a lot more angry fans demanding thier game when thos release seems to be out of their control.

They'll probably announce it officially once who ever is distributing it can guarantee shipments.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    WTF.
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    deltago said:

LMTR14 said:

imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon this in a shop yesterday. after all the complaints before the release of the game and all the talk of "we can't afford a physical release" you release the game NOW and don't even ANNOUNCE it?!?! you mad beamdog? can you actually be any stupider?!

PS: of course I bought it, I'm a collector. (no question that I will buy 2 and IWD too obviously)

They always stated that a physical release was something they'd like to do, however, unable to afford.

With the supposed delays and the company's new approach, announcing a exact date without confirmation it'd be shipped (especially before Christmas) on time is actually smart on their part.

You'd have a lot more angry fans demanding thier game when thos release seems to be out of their control.

They'll probably announce it officially once who ever is distributing it can guarantee shipments.
    the hell? IT'S ALREADY OUT
    I'm gonna have to go to the shops and get more popcorn because things are about to get interesting.