Skip to content

The most entertaining NPC in the saga

MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
I want you guys/damsels to vote the most entertaining NPC in the saga in your opinion.

You can vote for any NPC be it Bioware, Beamdog or Mod. I will regularly check the topic to update the OP with the votes. I'll do it manually since you can only have 10 poll options.

Note: NPC "enhanced by mods" will still be counted as a vote for said NPC.
Edit: To avoid scattering votes, you can only vote for playable npc!
Stating why you vote for said NPC is most welcome.

NEW IDEA: Add your favorite quote (doesn't need to be 100% exact) from said character.

I vote for Xan thanks to the Xan friendship mod.

Baeloth: 1
Edwin: 2
Jan: 7
Korgan: 1
Minsc/Boo: 7
Neera: 4
Tiax: 1
Xan: 1
Xzar: 2
Post edited by Meyahi on

Comments

• Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    Edwin
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    Jan...pancake famine lol
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    minsc
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Meanwhile, to stay on topic, I would vote Jan as the most entertaining.

The number of jokes he has is the highest among all the NPCs in the series. Jan is simply the nevere-nding source of turnips jokes.

Jan also have magic at his disposal, so he can always entartain you with the spell effects.

He has a lot of trinkets that add to the entertainment level.
  • Jan Janssen
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Neera! She makes me laugh.
  • MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
    Looks like Jan is getting a lot of support!

OP is up to date.
  • ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143
    neera !! :smiley:
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Baeloth, some of his comments are priceless, especially when he enters the Iron Throne for the first time.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited December 2014
    Jan's stories get frustrating quick.

I vote Neera. She is the airy headed, totally random, but loveable nerd chick. She hides her vulnerability and emotions behind a mask:behind interesting, confident quips and talks about seemingly random and unrelated things. She tries to be care free and happy but feels like being crushed under the weight of responsbility, especially in Bg2. She has these conflicting traits and a uniqueness, she has a sharp tongue and a free spirit: her dialogue and comments are the few ones that get a chuckle out of me. Plus her portrait is hot and I really enjoy her voice acting. She definitely has to have a higher charisma score, though.
    I may have voted for Xan, but I'm actually disappointed that Rasaad didn't get any. He has a very nice personality and romance. His voice acting is perfect.
    I really like him.
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    I vote for Boo's companion.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Quasit familiar. Closely followed by the dark horse Maple Willow Aspen.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Minsc and Boo. Boo and Minsc. They are too adorable together. ^_^
    edited December 2014

Quasit familiar. Closely followed by the dark horse Maple Willow Aspen.

Yeah but no. We will not venture onto this slippery slope.
    Invalid vote.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Jan, for the stories alone.
    Looks like Neera, Jan and Minsc/Boo are very popular!
    Will one of them outpace the other or will a dark horse arise?
    Stay tuned!
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    edited December 2014
    Jan. It's painful for me to play BG2 without him in my party. The same can go for Xzar and Xan, but I will pick Jan here.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    ...Noober.
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    Jaheira/Khalid a nice adventurer combo. (my vote today)

I hope one day Branwen get`s more story/ a real good one +BG2 content.

“ Branwen reveals that she left her home of Seawolf in the Norheim Isles at an early age. She was apparently reviled by her own people for wanting to become a priest, a station reserved exclusively for the men of the village. She harbors no resentment, realizing that her faith must face such tests or be worthless. She traveled the coast, offering her services to local militias, and eventually came into the employ of an adventuring troupe in the Nashkel area. Branwen had no idea that the group was participating in banditry however, and on their first raid, she balked at attacking a caravan of unarmed merchants. She rebelled and a mage named Tranzig turned her to stone in the ensuing fight. Despite the unfavorable outcome, Branwen feels that Tempus views her actions approvingly. To attack those that are unarmed is the basest of villainy. ”

More story pls,...
    edited December 2014
    Nimran said:

...Noober.

Please read OP

Jaheira/Khalid a nice adventurer combo. (my vote today)

I hope one day Branwen get`s more story/ a real good one +BG2 content.

“ Branwen reveals that she left her home of Seawolf in the Norheim Isles at an early age. She was apparently reviled by her own people for wanting to become a priest, a station reserved exclusively for the men of the village. She harbors no resentment, realizing that her faith must face such tests or be worthless. She traveled the coast, offering her services to local militias, and eventually came into the employ of an adventuring troupe in the Nashkel area. Branwen had no idea that the group was participating in banditry however, and on their first raid, she balked at attacking a caravan of unarmed merchants. She rebelled and a mage named Tranzig turned her to stone in the ensuing fight. Despite the unfavorable outcome, Branwen feels that Tempus views her actions approvingly. To attack those that are unarmed is the basest of villainy. ”

More story pls,...

You must choose between either Khalid or Jaheira. You cannot vote for both, I am sorry.

Post edited by Meyahi on
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Minsc should be in the lead with blade and boot.