Skip to content

Lefty or Righty

NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
edited December 2014 in Off-Topic
I'm curious, how many of you are, like me, fighting the good fight for lefties everywhere? The world needs to know!
  1. Lefty or Righty42 votes
    1. Lefty
      11.90%
    2. Righty
      52.38%
    3. Ambidextrous
      19.05%
    4. Neither
        9.52%
    5. I have no arms, let alone hands!
        4.76%
    6. To the nine Hells with you, Nimran you bastard!
        2.38%

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Lefty or Righty? I say Middlty! Golden Middlty to be precise.

Also, while kcwise is a two-handed sword, is Nimran a bastard sword?
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    I write with my left hand, do almost everything else with my right hand. I guess the closest answer I could give to that is ambidextrous, but I can't write righty nearly as good as lefty, nor can I play sports left handed and many other activities that I do right handed.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    bengoshi said:

Lefty or Righty? I say Middlty! Golden Middlty to be precise.

Also, while kcwise is a two-handed sword, is Nimran a bastard sword?

If I was a sword, it would be bastard. :wink:
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Anduin said:

thats a rookie mistake ofsted would hit you over the head with...

And yet for 5 years my teachers blocked the board with their bodies, and they still expected us to magically see through them and copy the text as fast as they wrote it.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Right hand ftw. Left tends to be useless.

I'm left-eyed though (interesting fact: in addition to having a dominant hand we also have a dominant foot and eye) which turned out to be a massive disadvantage when attempting sharpshooting with a rifle in the military.
    wubble said:

Couldn't resist. :smiling_imp:

It was tempting for sure.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Ambidextrously clumsy and proud of it!
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I can dispense justice equally well regardless of hand. One fist of iron, the other of steel. If the right one don't get ya then the left one will....
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Righty! Just like my mom and dad, well before dad broke his right arm a couple of times and had to learn to be ambidextrous.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Righty fer days!!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Troodon80 said:

Ambidextrous, though not really by choice. I want to say lefty since that was how I grew up at home. My ambidextrous ability came about due to teachers forcing left-handed students to sit on their left hand and write with their right hand—because being a lefty is a mortal sin, or the sign of the devil, or something, I'm not sure since it was never really explained.

Good lord where did you go to school?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    After a grip strength test for a job assembling hydraulic valves, I discovered my right hand is my dominant one, which explains why I play all sports right-handed.
    And yet, I can only write with my left hand.
    I also once used two forehands when playing tennis.
    So I'm going with ambidextrous.

…I guess I should be dual-wielding XD
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Right-handed, although there are things that I can only do with my left hand, such as shuffling cards.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Mighty.
    (actually I'm right handed and my left hand is only good for typing).
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited December 2014
    I am a bit wierd. I have a dominant right hand, but also a dominant right eye. It's supposed to be the other way round since the left half of your brain controlls the left eye, but the right side of anything below your head. My left hand is also stronger than my right, and I use it to open lids and taps. However I wrtie with my right hand, and played guitar right handed as well.

@Troodon80 I grew up in the time when many schools forced all kids to write with their left hands, but my mum was a teacher and my dad a headmaster and they were both very, very opposed to that kind of utter stupidity. They let us kids pick whichever hand they wanted to for all the different activities we did.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Looking a little one-sided, here. As expected, of course.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I am not really mainly either Right or Left handed, but not fully ambidextrous either... I do some things right handed, some left handed, some I can do with either....