Skip to content

If you dug a hole through the earth, where would you end up?

FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
Hey guys,

You can check the antipode of your location here

http://antipodr.com/

Post where you'd end up if jumped into your hole!

Here's mine

Comments

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I'm swimming near elminster (Michigan) in the Indian ocean.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    looks like I'm joining elminster and corynewb (Pennsylvania). at least that places me closest to Australia :) (still not looking good though)

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Anyone on the west coast?
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934

I live in New York City so I'll drown as well, but I noticed that if someone who lives in Indonesia gets teleported to their flip side, they will be in South America. Lucky them.

I don't quite see how either living in Indonesia or being teleported to South America could be considered lucky.

OT: I will apparently end up in the Pacific Ocean, oy vey.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    @LadyRhian I spoke to Aged Mother, who is still in S. Africa, at the weekend and it was 35C in the shade there!
    @dunbar You can use snipping tool on windows.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited December 2014
    @FinneousPJ Thanks but you overestimate my proficiency in computermanship, I operate with a permanent -10 technophobia adjustment (plus a -10 advanced age adjustment), the only snipping tool I know are the wire cutters in my toolbox!
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    I missed Australia by about 100 miles... digging is overrated...
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934

iKrivetko said:

I live in New York City so I'll drown as well, but I noticed that if someone who lives in Indonesia gets teleported to their flip side, they will be in South America. Lucky them.

I don't quite see how either living in Indonesia or being teleported to South America could be considered lucky.
    Because a lot of people would end up falling into the ocean if they flipped to the other side of the world.
    Well, it suddenly makes sense when you put it that way…
    edited December 2014
    @Heindrich Hehe you must be in Greenwich (London?) to end up on the Date Line? :D

That's what you said, I see lol
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @FinneousPJ‌
    Well spotted. :) I actually live near Oxford at the moment, but I move around quite a lot, so I thought London would better represent the UK as a whole.

Bonus points for anyone who can guess what my hometown is. :)

It's not a small obscure city, but not particularly well known outside Asia.