Skip to content

The (solo no-reload) adventures of Norgath, dwarven Bounty Hunter of Candlekeep

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Greater Evasion isn't terrible iirc, but evasion is, and Avoid Death isn't worth taking either, unless you really intend it for 'emergency situations', same with Greater Evasion. On a reloadable run, using those as survival strategies is fine, but no-reload makes putting yourself in a situation where you need them pretty undesirable. More Time and Spike traps are probably best. I could see that some situations MIGHT benefit from the knock back effect, but with the AI you're against, they'll just swarm you again won't they? The area aspect isn't atrocious, IE if you plan to trick a mob into triggering it, IE vs Sendai's endless swarms.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited February 2015
    "Don't get me wrong, I love the Scarlett Ninja-To, and see Norgath use it for the rest of his run, but occasionally there might be uses for a weapon like the Flail of Ages (which is arguably the best weapon in the game)."

Aren't you forgetting Jan's flashers?
    You know, you're probably not getting enough XP for killing the seriously mooky mooks... IE orcs, orogs, etc. While not always possible or wise, you can just ignore some, right? orcs give piddly XP.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    @DreadKhan, would have done just that in the cave but was spotted before I could hide. I normally don't bother with fighting lowly Orcs, Orogs etc.
    Do you have the Ring of Air Control? worth equipping and replacing just for the invisibility in some cases. A long fight is a tedious fight, and with no noticeable reward, ain't nobody got time for that!

Do you have a Sandthief ring? Also handy to keep in inventory. MAYBE you could go for the Staff of the Magi? jk, thats a crazy fight, even if you COULD throw maze traps in.

@Blackraven: 100% MR will not block the psionic version of Maze. I have checked the apparent spell file, SPIN774, and it is tagged as nonmagical. Unless your install is different than mine, the only thing that can block it is SI: Conjuration or a save vs. spell at -4.

Just saying, but isn't that utterly moronic? Its not 'magic', so MR does not apply, but spell protection works? Someone should fix that. Then again, Psionics in DnD have usually been poorly balanced, so this could very well be legit.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Arkanis was there? Was that from a mod?

Personly I always hated fighting vampires. Level drain is a pain in the arse. Especially the first time you encounter it. The panic of seeing your best spells just vanish and your thaco rising is pretty bad.

I think that drizzt and the paladins just ran scared and used the wee beat wave as an excuse. :p
    edited February 2015
    @Grum, Artemis Entreri is from the (BG2) Unfinished Business mod.

Vampires are a pain. Norgath avoided them until he had UAI (and thus the Amulet of Power with it negative plane protection), although he did backstab a few before that.

Re: Drizzt and the Pallies, you may be right, but what about Bruenor? He wouldn't chicken out. ;)

@CrevsDaak, thank you sharing that info. Very useful!
    Post edited by Blackraven on
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    My pleasure. What other classes and kits have been done? I've only ever heard of Alesia's.
    @semiticgod, you may want to take a look at the 'Hall of Heroes' here.
    Alesia has pulled it off with a Mage/Thief and a Jester.

Maybe I'll start a new game with a custom kitted Archer/Assassin/Abjurer version of Rovala.

@semiticgod, sounds really nice, but how would you do that? Did you install the multi-kit mod?
    I might try a triple-class myself some time soon (I created a Gnome Fighter/Mage/Illusionist a while back but that's easy).