Skip to content

Life... is strength.

WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
edited March 2015 in Off-Topic
This is not to be contested, it seems logical enough. You'll live, you'll affect my world.

About a year and a half ago I got married to my wonderful wife, Melonie. See here. We've been happy married for the very short time of about a year and a half. In six days we'll have been a "couple" for eight years. High school sweethearts and all of that jazz aside we've been very happy, bumpy at times obviously being young (I'm 25 and she's 23), but very happy regardless.

Then in early December 2014 my wife surprised me at work with a positive pregnancy test. (See the Skeletor looking thing above, she looks just like daddy!) Our lives will never be the same, and I couldn't be more happy. Yesterday, we found out that we're having a baby girl!!

*manly tears*

My little Merida (yes, just like from the Brave movie by Disney) will change my world around mid-August. I apologize for not being active on the forums, but real life has once again swept me away from another great community. There's soooo many I would like to thank and please don't feel disappointed if I leave you out, I haven't been on in 4 months. This is kind of goodbye, but I might sneak on once and awhile as a guest.

@BelgarathMTH @Dee @elminster @CaloNord @CoryNewb @LiamEsler @AndrewFoley @O_Bruce @kamuizin @Anduin @mlnevese @Tresset @CrevsDaak @typo_tilly @bengoshi @lolien @booinyoureyes @Nimran @LadyRhian @AlveusMalcanter and obviously @TrentOster for creating a wonderful community and recreating the one true RPG and the one game that I associate with D&D.

Thank you everyone and goodbye,
Nathan

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited March 2015
    Congratulations! I hope RL will allow you to visit us some times and give us news about little Merida :)
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Congratulations and good luck :)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    So, uh, in other news, this is the first time I have seen an ultrasound that actually looks like something... Mostly I just see random gray blobs....
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Awwwww.....
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I thought Dee already told everyone about that... Or was it just the moderators... I can't remember...
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Oh, my goodness! @Wiggles, Congratulations! Of course your life is going to change….Get lots of sleep… You'll need it when little Merida makes her debut into the wider world!
    Tresset said:

I thought Dee already told everyone about that... Or was it just the moderators... I can't remember...

I had no idea
    So many people having babies.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Ohh, @Wiggles I have no words...!

I still remeber the post about you getting married.

And we all see a miracle, and it really is a miracle when the new life is starting!

Best wishes to your growing family. I hope in the RL you will always be surrounded by awesome people:)

And most importantly, love and be loved!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Well, hot dog! Make sure to break out the special :cookie:s to celebrate!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Yeah ,18 in all stats!
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    control+r it while it's still in the womb
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Congrats!

From a three time parent, I will tell you that having a child is a MUCH bigger lifestyle change than getting married. Get your movies, eating out, etc. in now and get ready for the most rewarding and trying moments yet to come!
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    HOY HOY HOY! Welcome to the Dads Group! :mrgreen: