Skip to content

Guess Facts about the Next Poster

Comments

• sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    True.

The next poster has a black cat.
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    edited April 2016
    False. But it's okay, I've got allergies to make up for it.

The next poster has strong opinions about the proper use of culinary herbs.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    True! Especially baking.

The next poster is going to miss Glint in BG2.
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    True.

The next poster is going to miss M'Khiin in BG2.
    True.

The next poster is going to miss Corwin in BG2.
    True!

The next poster is going to miss (and force their entire party to get PLASTERED at the inn in fond remembrance of) Voghiln the Vast in BG2.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    True! Voghiln is the only bard I'll ever use in a BG game (that isn't CHARNAME). He's great fun, and highly useful!

The next poster hates bards.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Hmmm...that's a tough question. I don't hate bards, per se. I don't like vanilla bards and blades in bg, although jesters and skalds rock (wish there was an jester or skald npc). I love vanilla bards in IWD, and skalds rock, too, but blades and jesters are not so good (not a whole lot of enemies in IWD are susceptible to jester's song). Sorry, haer dalis, you have no place in my life.

The next poster is a bard/musician/inspiration to us all.
    False, I'm a level 1 commoner.

The next poster has a pretty good idea what most of their statline would be in D&D.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Yea...did an online test that placed them pretty okay I'd say. I'd do a quite passable Fighter-type (Monk, Swashbuckler or a common Fighter) or a Fighter/Mage.

The next poster has a secret desire to transfer into BG universe, find Khalid, Jaheira, the belt of opposite sex, and ... have some fun.
  • KcoQuidamKcoQuidam Member Posts: 181
    False. The belt is not needed to have fun in my case : p (is this response still p-13 ?).

The next poster is sleeping, or should be.
    TRUE!

The next poster is posting in the AM their time.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I dunno. Never learned the whole AM/PM thing and I won't google the answer since that would be cheating.
    Why don't you use 24 hours per day instead? It's such a stupid system, hehe :D

The next poster loves trance.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    False, the FF9 trance system was tactically a step backwards from older games in the series largely because it automatically triggers itself and doesn't persist after battles.

The next poster has completed Final Fantasy 9
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    False. I haven't played a one of the Final Fantasy games, although I own IV for the DS.

The next poster is wearing skinny jeans.
    False. I am wearing a pajama.

The next poster is a woman.
    False.

The next poster.. has a great "the next poster.. " already planned out before answering this.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I was planning one out. I don't know if great is the proper term, but...

The next poster is made of mashedtaters and will greet me as the long lost family that he/she is. I have missed you, ambiguous brother/sister! Don't abandon, or otherwise become separated from, your family again! The salt has lost its savour without you! The butter has curdled up in the corner, falling apart in sorrow! The milk is sour at your absence! The gravy has congealed in boredom, waiting for your return!
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    True. Hello, dearest of all my long lost family. I have missed you, dear sibling! Don't lose your nearest and dearest again, I implore you! The salt has lost its savour without you! The butter has curdled up in the corner, falling apart in sorrow! The milk is sour at your absence! The gravy has congealed in boredom, waiting for your return! I love you, most regal of all the Edwards, oh dearest of pipers, oh most delicious of Desirees, oh tasiest of the Roosters!

The next poster listens to classical music most days.
    edited April 2016
    True only if remix are accepted.

The next poster wanna be a God/Goddess of Chaos, Destruction and Banana.

(Familly reunion are so cuuuuute)
    Don't you know that I am The God of Chaos, Destruction and Banana? ;)

The next poster likes bananas.
    Skatan said:

I dunno. Never learned the whole AM/PM thing and I won't google the answer since that would be cheating.
    Why don't you use 24 hours per day instead? It's such a stupid system, hehe :D

The next poster loves trance.

Funny you should say that, since my normal methodology is to use the 24 hour system. In order to post AM/PM, I went against the grain of 20 years of what is normal for me.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    True bananas are delicious.

The next poster is irked by the word irk.
    Nope, I like it though hardle ever use it.

The next poster can twerk it like Miley Cyrus.
    False. I'm NO FAN of Miley Cyrus. I'm certain that isn't impacting her bottom line whatsoever.

The next poster has never owned a cassette tape player.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    False. Though it's been quite a few years.

The next poster would, if given the chance, become the new Lord of Murder. :naughty:
    The proposal seems more and more tempting.

The next poster is a Glitch Hop lover.
  • Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    edited April 2016
    False. Glitch Hop sounds like something I don't like and something I clothesline-from-hell people that do.

The next poster thinks Jon Snow will become Jon Targaryen and that the Hound is still alive and will battle his brother Zombie Mountain in the epic Cleganebowl
    False. Enough with John Snow!

The next poster thinks that Game of Thrones is overrated.
    edited April 2016
    True. The show and the books. G.R.R. Martin wrote this amazing sci fi short story for Omni years ago about these intelligent sand insect things that rise up and destroy the person who bought them on a whim as they develop more and more advanced culture/civs inside his insect tank, and I've never seen even a page of writing in A Song of Ice and Fire that matches that 70s short story. They read like the kind of fantasy paperbacks you can pick up at an airport, really middle of the road and uninteresting fantasy which has been being written for a very long time, only expanded to an unwieldy page count. There are internal monologues that go on for pages in the middle of conversations and games and fights between characters that make my eyes roll back into my head, it's such self-satisfied writing. Frank Herbert did "writing complex and interesting stuff going on in people's heads" so well and so succinctly in the Dune books that maybe I'm just spoiled, but it seems so excessive to have paragraphs and paragraphs of internal analysis go on between any sentence of conversation out loud. And it was winning awards why? And winning them during years when younger, fresher, more interesting writers were putting out stellar releases as well? The show is even WORSE and the showrunners turn scenes that in the books weren't sexual assault into scenes that are in the show over and over again, like they're obsessed with "HBOing" the books into "grittier" territory like...yeah I could go on forever and ever about how overrated I think the books and TV show are.

The next poster hasn't read the absolutely stellar science fiction short story collection So Long Been Dreaming (but really should! it's fantastic!)