Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    Mythalar said:

I can't duplicate the issue with TnB, at least not with the moniter. Even with the select deity ability (heh, I thought we got rid of that). I installed as many components from IWDification, FnP, TnB and SCS as possible. Perhaps it's a specific mixture of components, not sure. There are a lot of variables...

Edit: so it should be okay. I think. Hopefully

Okay so I'm the worst since I forgot one mod in the list, which is spell revision (V4 16)...

SR > IWDi > TnB > FnP > SCS (without the spell pack), with all components except the stat bonus system of TnB.

So the issue would be SR with another one since you could not ducplicate it

Thanks for looking into this ^^
    I actually ran into the doubling spell bug myself and was not running spell revisions. It was an IWDEE install.
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    edited January 2019
    @subtledoctor I looked at kitlist.2da in the override folder. There were 41 rows, with Tempus and Tyr kits being the only ones standing out. I believe they were added in SoD? There are 10 columns (counting the number column), with the last one being KitID. To the right of the grizzly bear class, the kit ID is duplicated. Removing the extra value resulted in a different error, but still no install. Since I have tried a mod that modifies Wilson, I will try to remove it from the install list and see if FnP will install on that setup.
    Post edited by Ardul on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    After removing the Wilson mod from the install list I get this error:

"Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
    Adding B_D_DWA to internal list of available DLGs
    ERROR: internal label [B_dom013_9] appears 2 times in processed DLG [B_D_DWA]
    ERROR: postprocessing [B_D_DWA]: Failure("cannot resolve label")
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Select an installation method below: -> install eveerything (as designated in settings.ini)], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [faiths_and_powers/backup/102/OTHER.102]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "faiths_and_powers/backup/102/OTHER.102")
    Will uninstall 1590 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 102.
    Restoring backed-up [faiths_and_powers/backup/102/clastext.2da]"
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Mythalar said:

I can't duplicate the issue with TnB, at least not with the moniter. Even with the select deity ability (heh, I thought we got rid of that). I installed as many components from IWDification, FnP, TnB and SCS as possible. Perhaps it's a specific mixture of components, not sure. There are a lot of variables...

Okay so I'm the worst since I forgot one mod in the list, which is spell revision (V4 16)...

SR > IWDi > TnB > FnP > SCS (without the spell pack), with all components except the stat bonus system of TnB.

Ah, there is a decent chance that the issue is iwdification and Sr. The last I checked, iwdification was not really compatible with Sr and one issue was that you get duplicate spells. (It should be ok if your just don't install iwd priest and mage spells)

I'm working on something that should fill the gap (i.e. give you all iwd spells in a way that is compatible with Sr, but it's not quite ready yet (well, it's ready, but I need to make it compatible with fnp and make sure it works well with tnb.. ).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • MythalarMythalar Member Posts: 68
    I can't duplicate the issue with TnB, at least not with the moniter. Even with the select deity ability (heh, I thought we got rid of that). I installed as many components from IWDification, FnP, TnB and SCS as possible. Perhaps it's a specific mixture of components, not sure. There are a lot of variables... Edit: so it should be okay. I think. Hopefully
    Okay so I'm the worst since I forgot one mod in the list, which is spell revision (V4 16)... SR > IWDi > TnB > FnP > SCS (without the spell pack), with all components except the stat bonus system of TnB. So the issue would be SR with another one since you could not ducplicate it Thanks for looking into this ^^
    Ah, there is a decent chance that the issue is iwdification and Sr. The last I checked, iwdification was not really compatible with Sr and one issue was that you get duplicate spells. (It should be ok if your just don't install iwd priest and mage spells) I'm working on something that should fill the gap (i.e. give you all iwd spells in a way that is compatible with Sr, but it's not quite ready yet (well, it's ready, but I need to make it compatible with fnp and make sure it works well with tnb.. ).
    Oh ok did not think of this.

And yeah i read your topic on IWD spells pack but didn't know if it was near release, would be awesome to have both SR AND new shiny spells without those issues 'o'
    edited January 2019
    Mythalar said:

Mythalar said:

Ah, there is a decent chance that the issue is iwdification and Sr. The last I checked, iwdification was not really compatible with Sr and one issue was that you get duplicate spells. (It should be ok if your just don't install iwd priest and mage spells)

I'm working on something that should fill the gap (i.e. give you all iwd spells in a way that is compatible with Sr, but it's not quite ready yet (well, it's ready, but I need to make it compatible with fnp and make sure it works well with tnb.. ).

Oh ok did not think of this.

And yeah i read your topic on IWD spells pack but didn't know if it was near release, would be awesome to have both SR AND new shiny spells without those issues 'o'
    Yeah, I would link it but I know it'll react weird with fnp. Also, I've just committed myself to a new project (but that won't actually take that long, as I have more or less everything in place). But I'll tackle this issue next

Edit: quote acting weird
    Just fyi, an older version of FnP (v. 07425) installs just fine on the mod setup described earlier.
    edited February 2019
    edited February 2019
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited February 2019
    The process is worth it even if the particular implementation doesn't look great (though, you know me. I'm always looking for excuses to create new spells, and we can always not include a subset of spells in a particular iteration).

Iiuc, the idea is for fnp to check if an existing sphere_list_... exists in the override. If not, it will use it's own. If so, it'll use the ones provided by us? That's great!

I think another attraction of dof is the kit implementation. We've departed quite a bit from PNP with our kits (which is why I want to do a 'conservative' version, honestly) there is a sense in which we've even departed pretty significantly even from the BG standard (e.g. zealots and even priests)
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,076
    Okay, let's start with Lovitar, the Lady of Pain. She is always a fun one. Ask Ilmater.
    Base abilities:
    Lovitar, the Lady of Pain

Available Kits: Cleric, Priest, Incarnate, Others(?)
    Favored Weapon: Flail (It would be a whip, but those aren't available in the game).
    Spheres:
    Major Access: (7: slightly above average)
    - Divine Aid
    - Life
    - Protection
    - Charm
    - Dread
    - Affliction
    - Vigor
    Minor Access: (4, for a total of 11 spheres-low average, but minor access to both exclusive spheres)
    - Death
    - Knowledge
    - Deception
    - Magic
    Special Abilities: (I think that pain touch is very good)
    - 1st: Pain Touch: At will, touch attack. Target must save vs. death -2 or see their dex/thac0 reduced by 4, and suffer 1 point of non-lethal damage/2 rounds. Lasts 10 rounds

- 1st: Instrument of Pain: All spells that cause pain impose a -2 to their saves when cast by a servant of Lovitar. (not implemented, and will require re-creating a number of spells just for this kit, but I like it!)

- 5th: Lovitar's Caress: 1/day +10 Thac0 with melee attacks, +2 dam/lev (max +20 at 10th). Should stack with Pain Touch. Lasts 4 rounds.

(Noting further has been created for this kit. One concern that I have is that many of the abilities require hand to hand combat, whereas many of the kits that would take this one have low hp and defense.)

Edit: Formatting

Loviatar the Lady of Pain?! Aha! So this is the true identity of the ruler of Sigil! She was a goddess of suffering all along! So much for the hypothesis that she was a bunch of polymorphed squirrels...
    edited February 2019
    Iiuc, the idea is for fnp to check if an existing sphere_list_... exists in the override. If not, it will use it's own. If so, it'll use the ones provided by us? That's great!
    Uh... I didn't even think about checking the override folder first. But yeah, that should be possible, and it's a great idea!

This will take some work, because it's not only a question of the sphere_list_base.tpa file; every kit's sphere assignment will have to be externalized as well. Plus the strings for the names of each sphere - "Light" will have to be changed to "Sun," "Benediction" changed to "All," etc.

But if we can put all those things in one file, and maybe sequester them in a macro or function, then yeah it can be an override drop-in or choose from several included options, etc.

I like the way you think! Lol, looks the the code is going to get even more arcane!

Looking at my quoted post, I wasn't exactly clear, but I think you got the idea. The idea was to use any exciting list if it's in the override. otherwise, use the fnp provided one. Heh, I know you got it dr, but for anybody watching.

Having some kind of 'base' where everything is 'left in place' is a good idea. In my most recent b_spells, I have assigned sphere versions of all spells based on the standard (e.g. sun rather than light or dark, etc.).
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    Okay, let's start with Lovitar, the Lady of Pain. She is always a fun one. Ask Ilmater.
    Base abilities:
    Lovitar, the Lady of Pain

Available Kits: Cleric, Priest, Incarnate, Others(?)
    Favored Weapon: Flail (It would be a whip, but those aren't available in the game).
    Spheres:
    Major Access: (7: slightly above average)
    - Divine Aid
    - Life
    - Protection
    - Charm
    - Dread
    - Affliction
    - Vigor
    Minor Access: (4, for a total of 11 spheres-low average, but minor access to both exclusive spheres)
    - Death
    - Knowledge
    - Deception
    - Magic
    Special Abilities: (I think that pain touch is very good)
    - 1st: Pain Touch: At will, touch attack. Target must save vs. death -2 or see their dex/thac0 reduced by 4, and suffer 1 point of non-lethal damage/2 rounds. Lasts 10 rounds

- 1st: Instrument of Pain: All spells that cause pain impose a -2 to their saves when cast by a servant of Lovitar. (not implemented, and will require re-creating a number of spells just for this kit, but I like it!)

- 5th: Lovitar's Caress: 1/day +10 Thac0 with melee attacks, +2 dam/lev (max +20 at 10th). Should stack with Pain Touch. Lasts 4 rounds.

(Noting further has been created for this kit. One concern that I have is that many of the abilities require hand to hand combat, whereas many of the kits that would take this one have low hp and defense.)

Edit: Formatting

Loviatar the Lady of Pain?! Aha! So this is the true identity of the ruler of Sigil! She was a goddess of suffering all along! So much for the hypothesis that she was a bunch of polymorphed squirrels...

Lol, I think she's called that in FaA... But now I need to double check
    edited February 2019
    That's Loviatar, Maiden of Pain actually, but that would explain some things about PST...

Edit: newbie question incoming!
    To edit the sphere access should I edit the kit table or just the d5_spher?
    And to edit which spell is in a sphere?

Thank you again for the work!
    I, for one, like the baldurised version, this game is not a perfect 2E copy and I like it balanced thinking about it.
    Post edited by Mythalar on
    edited February 2019
    My plan is to copy out all the kit sphere access functions, and move them to the sphere_list_base file, so they will all be in one place and you can find each kit by searching.

Oh that would be quite simpler but in the meantime I'll toy with this o:)

One more question (yeah...), does FnP supports SRR the same way it does for SR? I think I'll give it a shot but only if the other mods make use of it (FnP, TnB and SCS mainly I guess)
    Mythalar wrote: »
    My plan is to copy out all the kit sphere access functions, and move them to the sphere_list_base file, so they will all be in one place and you can find each kit by searching.

Oh that would be quite simpler but in the meantime I'll toy with this o:)

One more question (yeah...), does FnP supports SRR the same way it does for SR? I think I'll give it a shot but only if the other mods make use of it (FnP, TnB and SCS mainly I guess)

Gha... Maybe? Probably?

Basically, fnp defers to Sr whenever Sr is detected. Iirc, this is mostly an issue where Sr adds a spell that also happens to be a unique iwdee spell (e.g. sunscorch). In those cases, it won't install the iwdee version.

If (and only if) srr adds the Sr markers--dvsrv4here.mrk, and dvimhere.mrk--then there should be no problems. Otherwise, there will be issues...

@Bartimaeus

Does srr add those markers?
    Just checked the code and the markers have been added.

@Mythalar you should be good to go. Just install srr before fnp
    Well I could be wrong but SRR would fix some bugs and do some changes that I quite like, so long as there is (still) not the final SR.
    But yeah @subtledoctor I read your posts on the the SRR topic >:)

At least now I'm sure I can test it with my fav mods without weird issues.
    Thanks to both of you !
  • gohanf22gohanf22 Member Posts: 99
    Ok so for some odd reason when I have this installed, Anomen has like NO spells in his priest book at all. Jaheira does, don't know about Viconia yet, but all the people in my party do except Anomen. Do I have a mod confliction somewhere or is this something else? Cause I didn't get any errors when installing. It installed fine.
    edited February 2019
    13b6pne79j05.jpg

Here is an image to see what the problem is. As you can see, no spells.
    Yeah - the tweaks strike me as ranging from meaningless to not-to-my-taste, but that doesn't really matter; I have my own post-SR spell tweak mod, after all. But the "fixes" are more invidious: as far as there are any fixes there, it seems positively inconsiderate to sequester them in a side project rather than submitting them to SR proper.

Tbh I agree with you on this, would be simpler and cleaner if all was packed in the same - original - mod but well...
    A v4 SR could very well be released before I actually do a new all modded playthrough, with @Grammarsalad shiny spell component and all nice updates 'o'

edited February 2019
    gohanf22 wrote: »
    Ok so for some odd reason when I have this installed, Anomen has like NO spells in his priest book at all.

1) Does he have a kit?

2) Have you leveled him up?

He has no kit. Its just fighter/priest unlike jaheira which is druid of silvanus. And i just added him to party so he hasnt got any new levels yet.