Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    @subtledoctor Not exclusively related to Faith & Power: are your (or where you play a large part) four big mods (F&P, T&B, M&G, SoB) more or less in a stable version, without any big changes upcoming?
    I'd like to start another playthrough, and I'd hate to see a superduper option appear a week after installing everything. :smile:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Ah, thanks, then I'm going to wait a bit. Keep up the good work!
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    GawainBS wrote: »
    are ... (F&P, T&B, M&G, SoB) more or less in a stable version, without any big changes upcoming?

FnP is on the way to the changes discussed here, though it won't be substantively very different if you use the base FnP sphere system.

Might & Guile will get an update soon, changing the 3E-style bards' method of learning spells from a dialogue system to a UI-based one like sorcerers have. But there too, the actual spells and gameplay won't change.

My thinking is that we're going to leave the spheres as we have them in what will become the 'radical' version of the sphere system and kits (i.e. the version we have now)--with a few differences 'under the hood', so to speak, most especially this ability to change spheres around.

There will be some bug fixing as we go along--e.g. changing the memorizing scroll to a one time use innate--and I'll be incorporating my current less bug ridden versions of iwdee and new spells at some point, but the current version of fnp is serviceable.
  • MythalarMythalar Member Posts: 68
    edited February 2019
    @subtledoctor
    Agree with Sune and Lathander, I would add Lliira, Selune, Mystra, Sharess (probably) and perhaps Beshaba if you want a nasty one.
    @subtledoctor Would you consider, hypothetically speaking, a Paladin/Bard or Paladin/Wizard (or Sorcerer)? I believe Milil has Paladin/Bard, or at the least, Paladins with very Bard-like abilities and at least Mystra has Paladin/Wizards.
    Alright, cool. And a Paladin/Mage? Or Fighter-with-Holy-abilities/Wizard? (Not that Fighter/Mages need any more buffs...)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    How about some non-zealot love for Ellistraee and Grummsh?
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    How about some non-zealot love for Ellistraee and Grummsh?

Yeah, there is going to be a lot of non zealot love in the next release. I reality liked the eye of G concept-- if not our implementation--and there is a lot of potential for Ellistraee. A fresh new 'conservative' version allows us to explore more 'traditional' ways of doing divine classes (I.e. no zealots or acolytes, excerpt perhaps as standalone kits--if it actually works-- etc.)

I have a few user submitted write ups that I'll be implementing, as well (as appropriate for the version). Also, spell fixes from my spell mod are about 30% incorporated (heh, it's much quicker if you brute force it) and should be done this weekend. I've got time, and I've got motivation, so the sky is the limit
    Would Mystics still be recognised as Druids with regards to itemusage and quests?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I mean any version.
  • MythalarMythalar Member Posts: 68
    @Grammarsalad Does (will) your spells component include all IWD spells?
    Just to know how it will interact with other mods if I want to have them all (moar magic!), perhaps I'd have to test the spellpack in SCS.
    @Grammarsalad The sky is the limit you say? You know what has been missing from this mod? Triple class kits!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Very minor thing: could the Druidy-kits also be used to trigger the quest in IWD in the Kuldahar outskirts where the Ogre in the tower has a headache and a Druid can advice a berry-cure?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Very minor thing: could the Druidy-kits also be used to trigger the quest in IWD in the Kuldahar outskirts where the Ogre in the tower has a headache and a Druid can advice a berry-cure?

I think I'll borrow this one if @subtledoctor and @Grammarsalad are ok with that.
    @subtledoctor Triple class AND Shamans are low priority? Hmmm, methinks they should be higher on the list!
    edited February 2019
    I mean any version.

I'm pretty sure that they do(?) I'll check. Mystics won't be in the conservative version. That will be duids and complete druid related stuff.
    Mythalar wrote: »
    @Grammarsalad Does (will) your spells component include all IWD spells?
    Just to know how it will interact with other mods if I want to have them all (moar magic!), perhaps I'd have to test the spellpack in SCS.

Not quite. All priest iwd spells. I'm also making it compatible with the future version of Spell Revisions (as well as present, so yay). It'll also install certain spells in iwdee that get overwritten by sr.

But, I'm also going to release a mod soon that does include all iwdee spells (except currently contact outer plane) that will be compatible with Sr, fnp, and tnb. It's also going to have a lot of new spells:

https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/B_Spells

Scs should work well with it. New spells will set states like similar vanilla spells, so enemy casters should be able to react appropriately. I'd also like to eventually do some AI modifications myself so enemy casters will use new spells against the player, but that's in the future. Right now I'm focusing on compatibility.

ThacoBell wrote: »
    @Grammarsalad The sky is the limit you say? You know what has been missing from this mod? Triple class kits!

Yeah, that and shamans have to be added to both conservative and radical versions.

@subtledoctor triple class kits are possible...Right?

Yup. And strongholds. And unique holy symbols for high level clerics.

Sure.
    Raduziel wrote: »

I think I'll borrow this one if @subtledoctor and @Grammarsalad are ok with that.

Lol, of course, man!

Edit: progress update. SR compatibility (I.e. compatibility with the future version) is taking some time. Lol, Sr compatibility airways takes a long time. The good news is that we shouldn't need to change anything when the official version 4 of Sr comes out once that is finished (probably later today). I then just need to integrate other spell fixes and then I can move on to other things.

I'll start incorporating stuff like triple class kits as shaman kits into the radical version before creating the conservative component
    It should be fine, I think, to install FnP with our IWD spells and then SCS with its IWD spells. SCS will defer to our spells, which are priest spells, and should install its own wizard spells and their associated scrolls. Priest spells need no scrolls, so nothing should be lost with this combination.

I do plan on doing a scribe (meaning create) scrolls component for priests similar--but hopefully improved--to tnb item creation--which I'm also updating, promise!

Will scs mess with that? When did it start adding spells? I'll probably need to go to the scs boards and ask David about it...
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    It should be fine, I think, to install FnP with our IWD spells and then SCS with its IWD spells. SCS will defer to our spells, which are priest spells, and should install its own wizard spells and their associated scrolls. Priest spells need no scrolls, so nothing should be lost with this combination.

That sounds right.

Also, SCS on Basic (=Easiest) difficulty should use the IWD spells at about the level of intelligence of vanilla.
    When did [SCS] start adding spells?

The upcoming v32 has a component that basically re-creates components 30 and 40 of IWDification. (Which, if we're counting, is now the 3rd mod to do that.) If any IWD spells are already there (with IDS entries) then SCS will omit that spell from its own install. This was an issue where M&G was adding two IWD wizard spells, but not adding their associated scrolls; SCS therefore passed over those spells and the game ended up lacking scrolls for them. But with priest spells, there should be no such issue. ...

Okay. So if I do add priest scrolls, it just won't mess with them. That's fine. I think we did add wiz scrolls for the few wiz spells we add, so that likely wasn't an issue. But, see below
    ...Now, I *think* we actually add a small handful of IWD wizard spells to FnP as well, to pad out the sphere system. In those cases, we should not ADD_SPELL them, but simply copy them in a use their RES filenames in the sphere lists.

Yeah, I was going to just add them as res priest spells (so they don't trigger the arcane police in amn)
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Mod conflict:

When Eilistraee's Song (current version, 6.6) is already installed, then trying to install FnP's sphere system fails with the following error:
    ERROR: internal label [B_dom01_41] appears 2 times in processed DLG [B_D_DWA]
    ERROR: postprocessing [B_D_DWA]: Failure("cannot resolve label")
    Stopping installation because of error.

(BG2:EE 2.5.16.6, no other mods.)
    ineth wrote: »
    Mod conflict:

When Eilistraee's Song (current version, 6.6) is already installed, then trying to install FnP's sphere system fails with the following error:
    ERROR: internal label [B_dom01_41] appears 2 times in processed DLG [B_D_DWA]
    ERROR: postprocessing [B_D_DWA]: Failure("cannot resolve label")
    Stopping installation because of error.

(BG2:EE 2.5.16.6, no other mods.)

Okay, I'll take a look. Just (finally) finished updating spells. I'll check compatibility with ES