Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LamiarLamiar Member Posts: 136
    edited March 2019
    @subtledoctor for some reason i'm can't create character in BG1EE - spell selection screen doesn't have any single spell at level 1.

(And i'm doesn't understand which code affect this spell screen. I would like to fix it for self, but doesn't know where to look...) Any pointers are welcome. :)
    @subtledoctor I can confirm what 0.75.27 + TnB invisibility tweaks has no issue with targeting of regenerate moderate wounds.
    @subtledoctor great thanks sir! Quick test looks fine (even burning hands looks fine), more details only with real play/feedback.

BTW: Want to try play with d5_minor_shift = 1, but not sure how it is good to use. Otherwise it looks like minor access too similar to major access for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @subtledoctor yep, I fell same about minor access, so doesn't know why mod has minor_shift = 0 by default. With or without minor shift classes has a lot of spells on any levels anyway.

One minor bug in your version:

add_druid_kits.tpa adds wrong lines into clabdr04.2da (hivekeeper druid). It adds few lines with `GA_%spell-res%` reference which basically unnoticeable unless you install SCS improved shapshifting which fails to be installed by malformed reference in clab file. Personally i'm doesn't care, just commented four lines who adds this stuff to make SCS install happy.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    No.
    edited March 2019
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Minor query: is it intended that the gnomish C/M of Baervan doesn't get the illusionist kit as well? (Install has T&B as well.)
    Minor noticing: in my current setup found what all my 4 clerics has no "Break Enchantment" spell anymore... (with SR modification is the only way to de-petrify party members, because there is no more exist "protection from petrificationx). So... only wizards will do it as 4 level spell. Ouch! :smile:

Surely, summons and scrolls can help. :)
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    Tried playing around with the Incarnate of Mystra last night from your fork's latest version.. Only mod installed, game crashed whenever I tried to rest.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Lamiar wrote: »
    Minor noticing: in my current setup found what all my 4 clerics has no "Break Enchantment" spell anymore... (with SR modification is the only way to de-petrify party members, because there is no more exist "protection from petrificationx). So... only wizards will do it as 4 level spell. Ouch! :smile:

Surely, summons and scrolls can help. :)

Ahh, that needs to be rectified.

edited March 2019
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Whoops. Looks like it was in the sphere of Magic, but I commented it out. I think I eas going to move it to the universal sphere...

Yeah, if it's the only way to rectify petrification, thenyeah, I think it should be in the universal sphere
  • StormfinStormfin Member Posts: 28
    Hello,

I haven't updated since 0.75.21, I think. I was just wondering if anyone had taken a closer look at the Champion of the Red Knight kit?

Last I checked, it didn't seem to be able to take on any status effects, including from its own smite ability.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Mantis37 wrote: »
    Minor query: is it intended that the gnomish C/M of Baervan doesn't get the illusionist kit as well? (Install has T&B as well.)

1) You can only have one kit.
    2) The engine forces gnomes to be illusionists.

So this kit technically is an illusionist/priest kit. But there's no way to make both kit names appear in the record screen. So the displayed name of this illusionist/priest kit is "Fastpaws of Baervan."

Note to self/@grammarsalad: should give those gnomish C/M kits the illusionist exclusion flag, to reinforce this.

Alright, in my install gnomes aren't getting the illusionist kit for their multiclass (got the fastpaws kit but its label doesn't appear). That's probably my fault for using the tweaks options for making all multis / duals / kits available to all races though.
    @southfla79 Do you have any UI mods installed? And if so, were they installed after FnP?

No, just f&p. Will try to reproduce tomorrow. I think I clicked on the innate to kick things off then hit the rest icon then crash.
    Another small issue: Monitor get casting speed bonus every time as it kicked out and picked on board in the party (i believe i use some mod from tweaks about improved kickout in custom party, but doesnt remember just now). Now... eekeeping it.

@subtledoctor similar happens with Spellfilcher: gets another usage of Silence per day.

Also, not sure why, Doomguide of Kelemvor gets Chain Contingency from HLA, cast it, - screen selection appears, but disabled. However for Monitor is works fine (probably because he is Mage, so screen selection is not disabled).
    Lamiar wrote: »
    Also, not sure why, Doomguide of Kelemvor gets Chain Contingency from HLA, cast it, - screen selection appears, but disabled. However for Monitor is works fine (probably because he is Mage, so screen selection is not disabled).

When I tested Contingency with clerics, the screen was dim, but everything works. I could click over to divine spells, choose one for the contingency, choose a condition, etc. Did you try doing all that?

Just rechecked and when screen is dim i'm can't select anything. However i'm playing in EET, may be this is UI glitches. I'm not very care yet, because... because i'm still in BG1 area. :)
    edited March 2019
    Just found what my Fighter/Cleric of Kelemvor doesnt get Death Ward protection on level 7. This happens because Champion of Kelemvor shares same spell/ability name in clab file (B_something01, sorry, forget name, and now on the phone), but champion uses own spell copy, and when cleric's installation step happens, it check what file already exist and skip actual Death Ward spell cloning and patching. I'm just patched it manually in current installation via NI.

ADD: It was B_KEL01.SPL.
    Post edited by Lamiar on
    Spell Rev b16 & F&P SD latest beta won't play nice. Error in below
    Copied [spin124.spl] to [override/spin124.spl]
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Select an installation method below: -> install everything (as designated in settings.ini)], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [faiths_and_powers/backup/102/OTHER.102]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "faiths_and_powers/backup/102/OTHER.102")
    [faiths_and_powers/backup/102/UNSETSTR.102] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 941 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 102.
    Restoring backed-up [faiths_and_powers/backup/102/PROJECTL.IDS]
    faiths_and_powers/backup/102/PROJECTL.IDS copied to override/PROJECTL.IDS, 4188 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [faiths_and_powers/backup/102/MISSILE.IDS]
    faiths_and_powers/backup/102/MISSILE.IDS copied to override/MISSILE.IDS, 7378 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [faiths_and_powers/backup/102/SMOUNDSU.cre]
    faiths_and_powers/backup/102/SMOUNDSU.cre copied to override/SMOUNDSU.cre, 1116 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [faiths_and_powers/backup/102/sppr702.spl]
    faiths_and_powers/backup/102/sppr702.spl copied to override/sppr702.spl, 202 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [faiths_and_powers/backup/102/RING95.itm]
    faiths_and_powers/backup/102/RING95.itm copied to override/RING95.itm, 3138 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [faiths_and_powers/backup/102/spwi312.spl]
    faiths_and_powers/backup/102/spwi312.spl copied to override/spwi312.spl, 202 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [faiths_and_powers/backup/102/spwish25.spl]
    faiths_and_powers/backup/102/spwish25.spl copied to override/spwish25.spl, 970 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [faiths_and_powers/backup/102/spin977.spl]
    faiths_and_powers/backup/102/spin977.spl copied to override/spin977.spl, 202 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [faiths_and_powers/backup/102/spwm164.spl]
    faiths_and_powers/backup/102/spwm164.spl copied to override/spwm164.spl, 922 bytes
    Uninstalled 941 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 102.
    Unable to Unlink [faiths_and_powers/backup/102/READLN.102]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "faiths_and_powers/backup/102/READLN.102")
    Unable to Unlink [faiths_and_powers/backup/102/READLN.102.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "faiths_and_powers/backup/102/READLN.102.TEXT")
    SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2 0 0 Installed
    SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2 0 30 Installed
    SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2 0 50 Installed
    SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2 0 55 Installed
    SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2 0 60 Installed
    ERROR: Sys_error("faiths_and_powers/lib/compatibility_SR.tpa: No such file or directory")
    edited March 2019
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    ty sir