Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited July 2019
    @Hypaspist In my install, it says the kit can't use large metal weapons, or armor heavier than studded leather.

*edit* Wait, sorry. I was thinking Beastmaster.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • polymorphedsquirrelpolymorphedsquirrel Member Posts: 114
    I think I went too far with mods and broke FnP.
    Copied [faiths_and_powers/kits/misc/b_sp7.spl] to [override/b_sp7.spl]
    Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [CLERIC.2da] not found in KEY file:
    	[./chitin.key]
    Stopping installation because of error.

• HypaspistHypaspist Member Posts: 24
    Hypaspist wrote: »
    What kind of equipment restrictions does the Beast Lord kit have? The description doesn't state any, but they can't wear any armour or helmets - is that intentional?

It's just a slightly modified version of the vanilla Shapeshifter kit, so it might have the same equipment restrictions... I honestly don't remember off the top of my head. But that would explain what you describe...

Yes, it would appear so :) If I may offer a few suggestions:

1. Beast Claw

- The ability seems a bit redundant - it also disables spellcasting and makes the Beast Lord more effective in melee; something Werewolf form already offers.
    - In addition, once you use it, your character's sprite changes as if they were using a helmet, is that intentional? (Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/9XlpFuG).
    - It's missing an icon.
    - Despite the description saying it can be used at will, once enabled, there's no way to disable it (this problem seems similar to the Bladesong issue I've described in the Might&Guile topic).

2. Shapeshift: Werewolf

- Connected to the points above - what if Beast Claw got removed (and with it the ability to place 2 points into Single-Weapon-Style) and in return the Beast Lord could shapeshift into a Werewolf more often - twice per day at 12th level and three times at 18th (that is, at the levels when their form gets more powerful).
    - To balance it out (as these forms are rather powerful), while in Werewolf form, the Beast Lord would be uncontrollable à la Minsc's Berserk - apparently the way it works, he only has a chance to lose control while using his ability. So maybe as the Beast Lords improves his werewolf form (At 12th and 18th), the chance to lose control also decreases (maybe to 10% or whereabouts at level 18th). As a bonus, this disadvantage fits very well with the Kit description and lore.

3. Equipment restrictions

- Original Shapeshifter class had draconian equipment restrictions, but it also could shapeshift a lot more often (6 uses of the Werewolf form at level 11 and I'm fairly certain they could get another 6 uses of the Improved Werewolf form on top of that). With the form being much less accessible, I think the same restriction shouldn't necessarly apply, as Beast Lords will spend a lot more time out of the Werewolf form, unlike his predecessors. Thus I would suggest letting them use studded armour and helmets, so that they would be slightly more durable outside of the Werewolf form.
    - Not being able to use any equipment also makes any character building a bit boring and that was often a big reason to not bring Cernd along. Same criticism was leveled against Wizards Slayers and Kensai.

Aside from that I think their spell selection, with its strong summoning focus, is perfect :)

• polymorphedsquirrelpolymorphedsquirrel Member Posts: 114
    Identified the EldritchMagic mod as the conflicting one, even though I didn't install any priest kits (I think).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • XlatocXlatoc Member Posts: 59
    Another thing I noticed : Druids can no longer wear Ankheg plates...which I find surprising...

Would that be a conflict with Item Revisions ?
    Xlatoc wrote: »
    Another thing I noticed : Druids can no longer wear Ankheg plates...which I find surprising...

Druids and rangers are restriced to no heavier than studded leather armor in F&P.
    ThacoBell wrote: »

Druids and rangers are restriced to no heavier than studded leather armor in F&P.

Thanks for quick answer !
    You're welcome!
    Important note :

I have noticed while playing that the priest spells own by both Battleguard of Tempus and Druid of Silvanus are not consistant with the announced spheres. Some are missing, some are there that should not. It might be the case for others.

I changed that with EEKeeper (long process), taking a few liberties for consistancy and because using EEKeeper you can not have more than 19 spells of one level (which is frankly far enough anyway ;) ).
    BUT, if you export that character and start a new game with it/import it in another game, the effect is that it will have both the spells you selected PLUS those you deleted before.
    edited July 2019
    Addendum : reached level 6/6 with Druid of Silvanus/Mage.
    The Black Bear form is not available...Is that normal ? Though I have 2 uses of Spirit Bear, witch is not mentionned in the class description.....
    So uh, casting Snilloc's Snowball Swarm crashes the game, consistently. Jaheira's casting it with her standard class with F&P installed.
    I don't use IWDification or any spell components of SCS.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853
    ThacoBell wrote: »

Thanks for quick answer !

I actually think that you have made the wrong choice there. IMO they should only be able to use armour made out of skins/shells, and not metal. So they should be able to wear ankheg armour or armour made from dragon skins etc. but not chainmail or steel plate of any kind.
    edited July 2019
    @Wise_Grimwald I'm totally down for Druids and Rangers to be able to wear the exotic hide/scale armors (ankheg, dragon, etc.), it makes perfect sense to me.
    edited July 2019
    By DnD lore, Druid and Ranger using hide armor (so ankheg/dragon...) makes perfect sense :).

By our knowledge of celtic druid, restricting their use of metal does not make sense, one of their role being exactly metal knowledge...from what I have read from celtic/druidic scholars....

Keeping with the DnD Lore seems fine IMHO, and adding shortbow at least to their weapons makes perfect sense (hunting weapon) but longbow is for war so...do not know. And get rid of scimitar, duh....that's a very sophisticated weapon...thanks for deleting that in F&P :)
    Post edited by Xlatoc on
    edited July 2019
    A few other things about the druid of Silvanus :
    At the begining, you can turn undead. At level 7 (Clerc), that ability is disabled. I supposed it should be disabled from the begining ?

Shapeshifting ability :
    lvl 3 : ferret and wolf work OK (ferret is neat addition :) )
    lvl 5 : black bear never appear
    lvl 7 : python possibility appear (again neat idea coz...really why always mammals ! ;) ), but mountain lion not
    lvl 9 : dire wolf instead of wolf does not appear and wolf possibility disappear (so at this stage you have ferret and python)
    lvl 11 : grizzly bear (brown bear ? cave bear ? polar bear ? I guess it's based on the polar/mountain...) does not appear
    lvl 13 : wyvern (again, good) does appear.
    So in the end you can shapeshift : ferret, python, wyvern. Instead of ferret, dire wolf, BIG bear, python, wyvern :)

SO here is my review :)
    I am suspecting that the "eggshell bullets" come from this mod, true?
    There is no description to say what they do and would appreciate some info.

Uh, no. (Unless they're from the Abundant Ammunition spell?)

They are. The bullet ammunition can be weighted bullets or eggshell bullets.

The weighted bullet is clear enough, but there is no information about the eggshell bullet.

97wj7nfbor1h.jpg
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited July 2019
    There is no description to say what they do and would appreciate some info.

Lol, I think that's from an unreleased mod of mine (though I've given permission to a few people to use my spells so maybe its that.) I can't access the readme from my phone. I'll share it in it's current state when I get home.

That should be from the spell abundant ammunition
    Here it is. At least all of the divine spells will eventually be in fnp.

Again, @Wise_Grimwald you actually probably already know this, but the spell you are looking for is Abundant Ammunition.
    @Grammarsalad Ah, so it is harder to hit, but it does poison damage. Thanks for the info.
    Presumably at some time in the future, when the job is finished, that information will be visible when looking at the bullet.
    @Grammarsalad Ah, so it is harder to hit, but it does poison damage. Thanks for the info.
    Presumably at some time in the future, when the job is finished, that information will be visible when looking at the bullet.

Yeah, I'm all confused about what is where these days*. The version in FnP might be an older version, or there could be an issue with the tra (I've recently discovered that a few of my mods have been using the 'wrong' type). I'm just not sure. I am chugging along in the background. I just don't have much time (or health) atm.

* I can say that the newest, most updated versions of the spells can be found in B_Spells/Spells and Magic. That mod may be its own thing or it just may find its way into other mods. Not sure.
    Whilst the mod usually works as it should, just occasionally when I choose paladin, instead of the list of kits coming up, the game just chooses paladin without kits and the minimum charisma is13.

Any idea why this should be happening?

It's no big deal as all I have to do is run it again.
    @subtledoctor Is it intended that Vicona be unable to wield maces or wear chainmail? She meets the strength requirements, and even comes WITH a mace equipped in BG1.
    edited July 2019