Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• inethineth Member Posts: 707
    That sounds really fun!
    Will definitely use it on my next playthrough.

I don't like per-rest abilities, so the "at-will with HP cost" mechanic is a very welcome innovation!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Thanks for the explanation.
    I like that. Will try to find more time to test ;)
  • zelurkerzelurker Member Posts: 168
    I don't think it was reported before : the revised stalker kit doesn't seem to work as intended in bgee, you can't put 3 points in short swords or daggers as described. It works in bg2ee, but not in bgee, tested with latest version 2.x... too bad !
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    No no, just tried that whille creating a character. 4 points available, but only 2 max can be put on any weapon (+ 2 already put on 2 weapon style).
    ah ok, thanks ! :) Maybe it should be mentioned in the kit description somewhere ?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    That isn't really a kit restriction though but just part of the game rules I think, just meant to simulate the char getting out with some real world experience before being able to achieve a higher level of swordmanship than they would by practicing in their home.
    ok then, just something I didn't know but it's true I didn't play a lot with bg1, mainly bg2.
    edited July 2016
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Shadow is actually a mixture of light and dark, not a lack of light?
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    I feel that the "Hand" spells should stay firmly away from Illusion. If anything, Simulacrum being Illusion is the odd duck.
  • wyakpawyakpa Member Posts: 62
    Oh man! I love psionics! And I have some ideas you could use for clairsentience (ran a psionics campaign back in the day and we expanded upon that discipline). Bear in mind that I have no idea how doable some of this is in terms of modding this game, but here goes:

Improved senses: Your basic range of vision is increased (so you can see opponents before they see you)

Preemptive combat: Bonus to initiative

Locked Vision: After "marking" a foe, you can see them for a set amount of time even if they run away.

Tell Fortune: Grant you or an ally some luck bonus to a save for a while

See Vitals: Bonus to crit range while active

Object Reading: Identify ability, or maybe just a big bonus to lore

Share Vision: Target makes a save; if failed, they are sickened (or blinded!); if passed, they gain a bonus to AC or THAC0 or something. (This was one of our favorites because you could use it on an ally with a high save to get the bonus or a foe with a low save to penalize them).

An alternative to the "share vision" thing would be Destiny Dissonance, which only does the negative aspect.

Awaken Object: Make a nonmagical weapon magical, to some degree.

A thought on Mental Projection: you could play it as an ability that sends forth an incorporeal copy of your character that can only take mental actions (ie, perform psionics, maybe spells). That would be super cool although it sounds like it would probably also be a huge pain.

There's more where this came from, if you want more ideas (for clairsentience or otherwise)
    I guess it's known feats don't work for npcs... too bad, imoen could have tried a few thief feats. She gets the power to choose a feat at level 3, but then it just displays an empty bar of icons, nothing to choose from... ! Too bad... !
    edited July 2016
    normal bgee, nothing particular about imoen in this one, I have chattyimoen which only adds some sounds to her, nothing much. Nothing else specific to her.
    Well I would have tested with another npc, but she was the 1st one to reach level 3.
    By the way there is no choose feat at level 1 for anyone, I guess this is normal here.

That's right that without any feats she is underpowered, she doesn't get enough thief points / level.
    I tried this many times to be sure, but no, just got a blank icon bar, if you want me to test something, no problem.
    EDIT : I continued playing, Kivan arrived at level 3 and for him the warrior feats work. I wonder if it's not related to the class of the main character (a kit of ranger, similar to Kivan).
    Having the description of the feats with the right button would be cool too, but I guess it's obvious...
    Found something : if I use the "change kit" power from npc_ee on imoen to assign some rogue kit to her (any kit, I tested just 1 but it's probably the case for the others), then assigning a feat works, no more empty bar of icons !
    Specific to rogue without kit ?
  • rkocourrkocour Member Posts: 34
    Just for the record, i love the idea of a psion style kit with access to all those potential powers. I think it would make a really unique and fun character and mechanic.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    I just wish the Engine allowed adding new classes, so there could be a psion class. :neutral:
  • Xeno426Xeno426 Member Posts: 38
    @subtledoctor How did you get your multiclass kits to show up in character creation? I used the m7multikit mod to create some kits, and they exist in the game (I can assign them through EE Keeper), but they never show up in character creation.
    edited July 2016
  • Xeno426Xeno426 Member Posts: 38
    @subtledoctor But that mod doesn't have a rather simple-to-use create-your-own-kit function like M7multikit does. It doesn't require me to learn how to fully mod on my own; all I need to know is what kind of small code change I need to make my created kits visible.
    edited July 2016
    Ok, so I'll post some more observations of my own in this case :
    - Dynaheir can't use any scroll from the necromancy school apparently, it might be intended (maybe it's against their divine magic part) but in this case it's not mentioned in the class description for Hathrans.
    - Also the class description says she learns quite a lot of divine spells as innate powers with what seems to be the level between () in the description, but so far she is level 4 and she knows only slow poison (that she learns when she gains a new level after joining, notice it seems to be the case for all her instances, if she joins at high level it might take some time).
    - Feats make me think about "pillars of eternity" where there are feats everywhere, but obviously if enemy npcs can't use them it becomes a serious balance issue, but I guess that's why it's still beta.. But distributing the feats to npcs in the game and then testing everything would be a huge work ! Maybe avoiding them for now not to unbalance the game too much would be a good idea...
    - the beginning of the description of the rogue class for me has some strings from elsewhere, but it might be an installation problem, at a time my installation language for weidu was changed to en_us and it was not because of me, I tried to reinstall things when I noticed but it might have broken a few things. I still don't know what changed this (the weidu.conf file actually).

So for now I play my game without feats (because I don't want to restart yet another time !). The result is that Imeon gains 5 less thief points / level than usual but warriors / rangers don't seem to loose anything on their side.

Ah yes also the ability to brew potions every time the party rests for rangers is a big cheat in bg1 because healing potions are very expensive in the beginning of the game which can become a problem sometimes but here we gain more potions than what we can use ! :) Oh well I just stopped using the ability not to break immersion too much.
    Also I tested the stalker : he is a true master of shadows, at level 5 he almost always succeeds to hide in shadows. His 2x stealth attack bonus is a good idea, rangers are hunters after all they should know stealth attacks. With a short sword it's not very powerful, but it's still convenient, I think it's very well balanced here.

That's all for now, thanks for the mod ! :)