Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523

GawainBS said:

Just curious: any news on the component that would enable Rogues (including Bards ;-)) use DEX for melee?

I haven't cracked that nut yet. Too much on my plate. If I could make it a feat, that would be cool - maybe I would put it in place of the "+1 thac0" feat. But to overcome the technical challenges requires time that I don't have.
    Thanks for the update, keep up the good work!
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    The in-game description for bladesingers does not mention the proficiency bonuses and the restrictions included in the readme

vs
    ELVEN BLADESINGER: Among the Elven nations there is an order of warriors who wield power matched by few. Combining martial skill with magical prowess, Bladesingers have the resources to face nearly any threat. They master the use of long blades wielded in one hand, keeping the other free for spellcasting.

Abilities:
    – Bladesingers begin at level 1 with proficiency in Single-Weapon Style. At level 7, this automatically increases to specialization. They may reach grandmastery with long swords, scimitars, and katanas.
    – Once per day per 6 levels, a bladesinger may perform the Bladesong, a dance in which whirls a blade faster than the eye can follow, blocking incoming attacks and devastating enemies. Upon beginning the Bladesong, for 24 seconds, the bladesinger has a +1 bonus to thac0 per 5 levels, a -2 bonus to AC vs. melee attacks per five levels, one extra attack per round, faster movement rate, and all successful attacks do maximum damage.

Restrictions:
    – Bladesingers may only reach basic proficiency with other one-handed weapons and missile weapons. They may not become proficient with two-handed weapons or in any other fighting style.

It seems like they can go beyond proficient for short-bladed weapons as well and it seems like I got 1 free point in every fighting style, Might and guile being the only mod installed.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Psychic Combustion keeps doing damage as long as targets are in the fire, doing around 200 damage per cast in total. Possibly to multiple targets at once if they're clustered enough.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    edited August 2016
    Tested a bit more and my 200 damage estimate is in fact closer to 1200, assuming you can box the target in the area of effect. Checking "doesn't affect allies/doesn't affect enemies" in the AoE flags has no effect on this behavior.

I *think* the Max HP penalty to the user can also be applied more than once but I haven't found a reliable way to reproduce it so far.

EDIT: @subtledoctor, I figured something that might hopefully help you. In the Area of Effect block of the projectile, setting the #repetitions amount to 1 instead of 5 makes the ability only strike once. Not sure what the exact purpose of the field is or if changing the value has negative side-effects but that's all the info I can give you on the subject.
    Post edited by Kurona on
    edited September 2016
    For what it's worth: longswords were generally more slender weapons. The "general use" sword was more akin to a broadsword. If you make the scimitar a light weapon, so should the long sword.
    BUT! I think it's fine to not do this in the mod, as it would push Rogues toward their "canonical" weapons a lot more. I assume that "Scimitar" includes Ninja-to as well?
    One thing to keep in mind with regards to the size of the bonus, is that the game offers you plenty of ways to boost your STR, but a lot less to raise your DEX. Also, STR gives damage bonuses, DEX doesn't.

Disclaimer: written from the perspective of someone who plays Bards, not Thieves.
    I'm in favour of option 1 then. It's a very good compromise, actually.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    With the way things work in BG currently, option 1 seems best to me.
    edited September 2016
    It does. In the end, Rogues are just as dependent on THAC0 as Warriors to contribute to a fight.
    edited September 2016
    One of the advantages of a Finesse-feat, is that it increases the usefulness of DEX.
    Coupling it with DEX makes it more or less "scaling", insofar you can increase DEX in the games.
    Also, for what it is worth: it makes it less necessary to "power roll" Rogues to give them high STR. (I know, rolling is free and there's plenty of ways to cheat.)
    Finally: it's cool. ;-)

I think that giving a +1 at 16, +2 at 17, +3 at 18, ... when you replace the STR is pretty balanced, considering the initially lower THAC0 and that it doesn't increase damage.

Giving a +1 on each even number would be fine to replace STR if it would also increase damage. Or is that a whole other can of worms?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    edited September 2016
    @subtledoctor

1. Clean isntallation of BG2:EE
    Component installation:
    Setup-MIGHT_AND_GUILE.exe --force-install-list 324
    content of clabrn01.2da file: look at last line
    http://pastebin.com/raw/SF11K97Z
    http://image.prntscr.com/image/3e95c3366d42431f80ff59e6eb050bc6.png
    2DA V1.0 **** 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ABILITY1 GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** GA_SPCL311 **** ABILITY2 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ABILITY3 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ABILITY4 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ABILITY5 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ABILITY6 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ABILITY AP_D5_HNOSP **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
    correct? (let's first check if this is intended)

EDIT: loooollll I can't paste correct code with this forum software ... crap.
    edited September 2016
    edited September 2016
    @subtledoctor Ok, this is sorted out, now 2nd thing, after installing (combination of two components):
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #220 // Revised Movement Bonuses (Quickstride): 2.8.1
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #324 // Add the Halfling Slinger (ranger or fighter kit): 2.8.1

.\SETUP-MIGHT_AND_GUILE.exe --force-install-list 220 324

the content of the clabrn01.2da look like this:
    http://paste.ofcode.org/nLn2DpVqirM6TbEGGqTBzc

and it prevents Faiths and Powers "new and revised ranger kits" to install correctly
    .\Setup-Faiths_and_Powers.exe --force-install-list 103 900 --no-exit-pause --debug-value

Installing [new and revised ranger kits] [0.55] Copying 1 file ... Copying 1 file ... Copying 1 file ... Copying 1 file ... Copying 1 file ... Copying 1 file ... Copying 1 file ... Copying 1 file ... Copying and patching 1 file ... ERROR: [clabrn01.2da] -> [override/d5rfor.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")) Stopping installation because of error. Stopping installation because of error. ERROR Installing [new and revised ranger kits], rolling back to previous state Will uninstall 8 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 900. Uninstalled 8 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 900. ERROR: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds") PLEASE email the file SETUP-FAITHS_AND_POWERS.DEBUG to SubtleD and Grammarsalad Automatically Skipping [new and revised ranger kits] because of error.Using Language [English]

Full debug: https://www.sendspace.com/file/o61jlg

Mistake? Are those three ( M&G 220 324, F&P 900) components can be installed together/don't overlap?
    edited September 2016
    edited September 2016
    @subtledoctor Install order was one again altered based on you suggestion:
    spell_rev
    item_rev
    Divine_Remix:10-610
    song_and_silence
    RR:0-8
    TomeAndBlood
    cdtweaks
    Divine_Remix:1000
    Faiths_and_Powers
    might_and_guile
    refinements
    stratagems
    BGEESpawn
    BP
    RR:9-999
    aTweaks
    eetact2
    klatu
    fullplate
    randomiser
    A7NoEENPCs
    scales_of_balance
    eet_tweaks
    npc_ee
    Worldmap
    those only main mods chosen from full BWS installation order but should provide nice overview.
    Post edited by ALIEN on
    edited September 2016
    edited September 2016
    @subtledoctor
    RR Components:
    @0=Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards @1=Thief kit revisions @2=Thief High Level Ability revisions @3=Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills @4=Bard kit revisions @5=Bard High Level Ability revisions @6=Proper spell progression for Bards @7=Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards @8=Upgradeable Equipment @9=Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking @10=Revised Thievery -> Retain default thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking @11=Chosen of Cyric encounter @12=Shadow Thief Improvements @999=BG2-style icons for RR content
    So RR HLA is installed before Refinements v4

As for SoB, I've follow you own suggestion:
    A note on installation:
    - Install SoB after almost everything else. After BG2Tweaks, after SCS, after aTweaks. The only stuff that should be installed after this are FPPS, Generalized Biffing, NPC_EE, Level1NPCs, lolfixer, etc. Not much.

Scales of Balance should be installed very late and after all other mods that add or change creatures, items or kits,
    after the "WSPATCK for All" component of tb#Tweaks and after SCS and aTweaks. It should be just about the last
    thing you install, with the exception of something like Generalized Biffing, Level1NPCs, NPC_EE, lolfixer, etc.

Could you please clarify? Maybe I'm looking at the very old install order suggestion, before 'the great split' of you mods?
    @subtledoctor So the tb#Tweaks requirements is not valid anymore?