Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• PluddonPluddon Member Posts: 6
    Hey, great mod and ideas, been following for a long time.

However, any time I install the mod, the kit and class names, as well as spells and special abilities all have random names and descriptions. These can be item names/descriptions or random strings of dialog.

Just did a fresh install of BG:EE and have no other mods installed.

Any idea what's causing this? Thanks
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Pluddon said:

Any idea what's causing this? Thanks

Was it a Steam install or GoG install?
    Steam Install with SoD
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Pluddon said:

Steam Install with SoD

Did you install modmerge BEFORE installing Might and Guile?
    Ahh, no I had not installed that. Cleared things right up. Thank you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • zelurkerzelurker Member Posts: 168
    Ok, thanks for the update, I confirm it fixes feats for imoen. Sorry to have posted Dynaheir questions here, it was related to "tome and blood" obviously, probably too much heat for me lately around here. I took just a bonus for lock picking for now. I got your idea for feats, but are you sure psionic feats would still not change the balance of the game ? Didn't test that yet though...

About the how often I sleep : it's not that. Start the game, brew 1 potion, which heals all the hp for any player at level 1 + cure poison, then go to friendly arms inn, sleep once more for the spells, a 2nd free potion which heals everything again, you get the picture. From here you can use healing spells to save on healing potions, and you stock healing potions this way and I got a lot more than what I usually get. Now maybe it's not so much a cheat because the number of potions you get is still limited, but it makes things a lot easier at the beginning of the game anyway (and you can decide to rest 10 times in a row just to stock on potions too !). Well maybe this ability should just be available from level 3 or 4, it would have a lot less impact then.

Thanks again for the update ! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • megas_archonmegas_archon Member Posts: 4

Great Mod. However, the rogue feat option prevents Blackguards and Undead Hunters from using potions and a number of non magical weapons. The other paladin kits have no issues with the same items. Even with no other mods installed and only the rogue feat option, the items could still not be used or equipped.
  • FreakydooFreakydoo Member Posts: 37
    any chance of adding the open locks feat to Stalkers? they are covert intelligence gatherers.
  • Xeno426Xeno426 Member Posts: 38

Also: what to call this kit that can learn psionic powers from all disciplines? Not "Psionicist"

Well, I'd go for the term used in the Pathfinder Psionics book (that has such a discipline for Psions) and use "Generalist".
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/psion

@Xeno426 the problem is that the term "Generalist" there is meant to distinguish that psionics-using kit from other psionics-using kits, in that it is not specialized in a particular psionic discipline.

Here, we're talking about a thief kit. I need a name to distinguish this kit from other thief kits, in that it can use a lot of psionics.

"Generalist" as a thief kit just sounds like a well-rounded thief. I need something that says "half psionicist, half thief, all awesome! :tongue:

Well, you could go with Cryptic, Cerebral Infiltrator, or Colorless Adept.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited July 2016
    Doctor Strange? Wrong window. :)
  • FreakydooFreakydoo Member Posts: 37
    lol... point well taken. id quote the description for Stalkers, but technical issues aside I do not disagree with your point. and truth told. I just want the means to get into the chest that holds the expensive gem that reside in the inn in candlekeep....
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Can't wait to finally tests it (RL is heavy these days, full SoD walkthrough is still waiting).

For Names how about (just brainstorming):
    Adept, Psi-Adept/Psiadept, Wild Talent (untrained Psion), Wilder, Mind Rouge, Cerulean Adept, Mind Disciple, Psi Disciple, Metamind and Psychic.

• fatnlazyfatnlazy Member Posts: 24
    It won't install the thief/kensai/one other thing due to an error somethint something columnwise 2fstweap.da. Couldn't quite remember. :s
    fatnlazy said:

It won't install the thief/kensai/one other thing due to an error somethint something columnwise 2fstweap.da. Couldn't quite remember. :s

If you can't remember, try grabbing the .debug file and open it in notepad and paste the exact error message here.
    edited July 2016
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • fatnlazyfatnlazy Member Posts: 24
    Doh! Been playing Divinity for a while. Thanks for the heads up.
    edited July 2016
    How did you get your multiclass kits to show up as a unique kit name rather than the base class? For instance, Bladesinger shows that as your class in the character screen rather than Fighter/Mage.
    nm, just need to make sure I have the correct parent class set.
    Post edited by Xeno426 on
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I installed the Revised Berserker which is supposed to limit proficiencies to 3 max for berserkers. However, Korgan joins the party with 5 pips in axe, shouldn't this be prevented? I know there's been similar stuff with Coran before but it seems too big there.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I also have the fighting style changes of SoB and it seems he doesn't have access to shield fighting even if he comes equipped with a shield. Is it normal?
    edited August 2016