Skip to content

Fallout 4

Comments

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    People already loved Fallout, so the changes to the RPG mechanics are pointless. Most casuals are more interested in the COD series and Star Wars Battlefront and the oldschool Fallout fans are angry as always. So who was this game made for exactly? Elder Scrolls fans? Farcry fans?..... I hope Obsidian makes the next game.
    Gozeta
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Played intro part recently and really eager to put a bullet into baldie's head.
    Gozeta
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    mlnevese said:

Just bought the game and I liked most of what I saw. But having someone ask me to make 5 beds when I want to find the guy who killed my wife and kidnapped my son was strange to say the least :)

Yeah. But if you're anything like me, you made the beds anyway. ;)
    elminstermlneveseGozetaMr2150
    What bothers me are the non sensical quests. Like the one where you have to defend your base from a scripted raider attack even if you have installed many turrets. Or the one with the kid ghoul trapped in a fridge for 200 years.
    mlneveseGozeta
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Dee said:

mlnevese said:

Just bought the game and I liked most of what I saw. But having someone ask me to make 5 beds when I want to find the guy who killed my wife and kidnapped my son was strange to say the least :)

Yeah. But if you're anything like me, you made the beds anyway. ;)
    And a chair...

Another thing that bothered me... A single fusion cell has maintained energy in the museum for over 210 years... and my power armor has less than half an hour of use?
    TeflonShapiroKeatsDarkMageGozetadeltago
    edited February 2016
    DLCs announced! No Mutants Allowed members and Avellone fans beware! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/16/fallout-4-add-ons-revealed-automatron-arrives-next-month/ Nice Weird Tales Magazine-style covers, you can add all the customizable robots and trainable deathclaws you want Bethesda, but if the DLCs are full of retcons to the lore then i'll never buy them. Of course i don't pretend the DLCs to have the same quality of Avellone's writing of New Vegas DLCs(though Honest Hearts was kinda meh).
    mlneveseGozeta
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Honest Hearts was okay but I will *never* allow the White Legs to remain in Zion. I did that once and so disliked the epilogue that I won't allow it to happen again. Dead Money....that was the best.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMageSethDavisGozeta

Honest Hearts was okay but I will *never* allow the White Legs to remain in Zion. I did that once and so disliked the epilogue that I won't allow it to happen again. Dead Money....that was the best.

Dead Money still gives me the chills.
    SethDavisGozeta
    edited February 2016
    One of the things I liked about the new DLC announced is that one of them sounds like the Robco Certified mod with some history about a mad scientist thrown in :)
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    More interesting than those story mode DLC is the resurrected Survival Mode.
    When they introduce a nice scarcity of things (food and water ! ), this could be really interesting.

Survival upends many of the rules of life in the Commonwealth for maximum challenge. For a full list of these changes, see below.
    To enable Survival, press [Pause], select "Settings," then "Gameplay" and choose "Survival" from the "Difficulty" options.
    Saving
    Manual and quicksaving are disabled. To save your game, you'll need to find a bed and sleep for at least an hour.
    Combat
    Combat is more lethal for everyone. You now deal, but also take, more damage. You can increase the damage you deal even further with "Adrenaline" (see below).
    Fast Travel
    Fast Travel is disabled. If you wish to be somewhere, you'll have to physically travel there.
    Weighted Ammo
    Bullets and shells now all have a small amount of weight, which varies by caliber. Heavier items such as fusion cores, rockets, and mini-nukes can really drag you down.
    Compass
    Be sure to keep your eyes peeled, as enemies will no longer appear on your compass. As well, the distance at which locations of interest will appear has been significantly shortened.
    Adrenaline
    Survival automatically grants the Adrenaline perk, which provides a bonus to your damage output. Unlike other perks, the only way to increase your rank of the Adrenaline perk is by getting kills (hostile or otherwise). The higher your Adrenaline rank, the higher the damage bonus. Sleeping for more than an hour, however, will cause your Adrenaline rank to lower. You can check your current Adrenaline rank at any time in the Perks section on the Stat tab in your Pip-Boy.
    Wellness
    You'll find it difficult to survive without taking proper care of yourself. You must stay hydrated, fed, and rested to remain combat-ready. Going for extended periods of time without food, water, or sleep will begin to adversely affect your health, hurting your SPECIAL stats, adding to your Fatigue (see "Fatigue" below), lowering your immunity (see "Sickness" below), and eventually even dealing physical damage to you.
    Fatigue
    Fatigue works like radiation but affects your Action Points (AP) rather than your Hit Points (HP). The more Fatigue you've built up, the less AP you'll have for other actions. The amount of Fatigue you've accumulated is displayed in red on your AP bar.
    Sickness
    A comprised immune system and a few questionable decisions can end up getting you killed. Eating uncooked meat, drinking unpurified water, taking damage from disease-ridden sources, such as ghouls and bugs, or using harmful Chems all put your body at increased risk for various ill effects. When you are afflicted with an illness, a message will appear onscreen. You can view specifics about your current illnesses by navigating to the Status section on your Pip-Boy's Data tab and pressing [RShoulder] to view your active effects.
    Antibiotics
    Antibiotics, which can be crafted at Chem Stations or purchased from doctors, heal the various effects of sickness.
    Bed Types
    The type of bed you're sleeping in determines the length of time you are able to stay asleep. A sleeping bag will save your game and may help save your life when you're desperate, but it will never allow for a full night's rest and the benefits that come with it.
    Crippled Limbs
    Crippled limbs will no longer auto-heal after combat and will remain crippled until healed by a Stimpak.
    Carry Weight
    Exceeding your carry weight reduces your Endurance and Agility stats and periodically damages your legs and health. Think of your back!
    Companions
    Companions will no longer automatically get back up if downed during combat and will return home if abandoned without being healed.
    Enemy and Loot Repopulation
    Locations you've cleared will now repopulate enemies and loot at a significantly slower rate.
    mlneveseShapiroKeatsDarkMageGozetaTeflon
    The only problem I have is the save function only working when you get to a bed. With a 3 months old child at home I just need to be able to save and quit at any time...
    I remember Dead Money was near impossible with the survival mode.
    Teflon
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Gozeta
    The folks at No Mutants Allowed may be elitist jerks but they can make pretty funny stuff like that toon.
    [Deleted User]Gozeta
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Automaton is out to day, but without the Survival Mode upgrade.

According to a twitter post it will soon follow, and we can count with a new beta patch on steam shortly.
    mlneveseGozeta
    Dowloading right now. I really like the idea of a robot companion you can customize. I always played Fallout 3 with the Robco Certified mod :)
    Gozeta
    Yay. More pew pew and crafting. As if the main game didn't have enough of those already.
    Sylvus_MoonbowGozeta
  • AndreaBeckAndreaBeck Member Posts: 9
    Got it last month since I was busy playing another game and wanted to wait so that I can get fallout cheap. Awesome game.
    Gozeta

Got it last month since I was busy playing another game and wanted to wait so that I can get fallout cheap. Awesome game.

Well, not so awesome if you are familiar with the lore or the style of role-playing of the previous games. But if you like it, more power to ya. This isn't No Mutants Allowed or RPGCodex where people who enjoy Bethesda games are treated like sub-human trash.
    AndreaBeckGozeta
  • AndreaBeckAndreaBeck Member Posts: 9
    The fact of the matter is that while Bethesda has enjoyed success with the Fallout and Elder Scrolls franchises, all their other games are garbage. Examples include Rogue Warrior, WET, Brink, Star Wars: Legacy, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of The Earth, and Hunted: The Demon’s Forge. They’re a company that can’t get any game they make right, not even the game’s they’re known for. But still I am die hard fan of Fallout so who care.....was very happy just to play that game. :D
    Gozeta
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Todd Howard has admitted that Fallout 4's dialogue system wasn't a success.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/todd-howard-talks-modding-at-bethesda-e3-2016/2300-6432858/

It's a good thing that the company is aware of players' feedback on this subject.
    Chris Avellone and NMA would be proud of this guy.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    90 minutes?? No thx
    Kurona
    edited September 2016

90 minutes?? No thx

He basically says that FO3 is bad and overrated compared to the first two games and other games by Interplay and Troika. Also Critics are idiots.

FinneousPJ
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666

90 minutes?? No thx

He basically says that FO3 is bad and overrated compared to the first two games and other games by Interplay and Troika. Also Critics are idiots.

and play new vegas insted.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMageMr2150

90 minutes?? No thx

and play new vegas insted.
    It also mentions Bethesda's flawed writing and the lack of moral ambiguity and philosophical dialogues. All stuff we already heard from the game's detractors many times.

• Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    I love FNV - even the glitch stuff was great... FO4 just wasn't quite the same.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
    Mr2150 said:

I love FNV - even the glitch stuff was great... FO4 just wasn't quite the same.

Beth will never make enemies as scary as the ghost people.
    Mr2150