Skip to content

Vanilla broke it again!

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
edited January 2019 in Site Resources
Since Vanilla breaks our forum so much I thought I would make a master tread for discussing what is broken on the forums. Any time you notice something is broken then post it here and I (or another moderator) will edit the OP here to list what you can expect to be not working properly.

What is currently not working:

Post edited by Tresset on
JuliusBorisovloliensparkleavCrevsDaakTorgrimmer

Comments

• FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited March 2016
    Topics no longer take me to the latest post. Like the page will be scrolled down enough that the latest unread post won't be fully legible or the page will have scrolled 1 or 2 posts too far. Unsure if this only happens in topics that feature images/spoiler tags or not.

Firefox 45.0.1
    Fonts & Images zoomed to 120% original size
    I assume this is due to recent changes to the Vanilla software because it wasn't happening before the recent discussions about HTML/BBCODE.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I actually kinda forgot about this thing. I suppose I should update it soon.
    lolien
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Our profiles' "activity" appears to have been scrubbed :(
    TressetCrevsDaak
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    One of these days I may find time to update this. The problem is that Vanilla changes so much so often that it is hard to know what is broken and what is just a silly change...
    lolien
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    If you view comments from "Reactions" you can not open spoilers. Not a big deal but it is the only thing I can come up with.
  • MakeAthkatlaGrtAgainMakeAthkatlaGrtAgain Member Posts: 132
    edited December 2016
    After I did a new user welcome post, I now permanently get this "You have posted 1 times within 60 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 300 seconds before attempting to post again." whenever I make a new thread. It's gone on a lot longer than 300 seconds and it's forever and won't end! It's impossible to make any more threads after that.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    edited May 2018
    Currently the stickied announcements are not shown currectly in Recent Discussions.

Edit: and it's fixed now.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Flag button on Activity page is broken.
    Rik_Kirtaniya
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,428
    The copyright info shown at the bottom of every page spans across the whole width and blocks parts of the link list on the left side (see screenshot).

lolien
  • volneb83volneb83 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 525
    When I try to edit a post of mine, I must choose a category but my category is greyed out and I cannot save the changes. See attached screenshot.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited August 2018
    I had the same issue once, when trying to open a new discussion from the Hungarian category. Try to go click on the discussions button above, then open a new discussion there and select the category. (I hope i'm clear about this.)

Edit: Checked it myself again, and i can confirm the above report. If i try to open a new discussion, while i'm in the Localization sub-forum, category is greyed out at selection.

When opening a new discussion from main site i don't have this problem:

Edit2: It seems the issue consists only in the Localization subforums, in all other subforums clicking on new discussion opens a new thread in that subforum automatically, the category selection don't even pops up.
    Indentations inside <code> </code> tags appear to be discarded lately. <pre> </pre> still works. See example in this comment.

Sometimes code tags are preferred to avoid auto-conversion of special characters, such as words starting with @ ('at' sign).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AedanlefreutRik_KirtaniyaZaghoul
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    That was a very bad bug. Glad it has been fixed.
    [Deleted User]lefreutRik_KirtaniyaZaghoul
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    For some reason I cant post
    [Deleted User]
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Now I can, never mind site is fixed.
    JuliusBorisovZaghoulAedan[Deleted User]
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Whew. I know we have some wild stories on Three word story maker, but that was the wildest yet. I'm glad to see things working again (knock on wood). B)
    [Deleted User]RavenslightJuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    argent77 said:

In addition to these software bugs it was impossible to log in at all for several hours.

Btw, I have noticed a couple more issues lately:
    - Gaps between text paragraphs in comments is twice as big as usual
    - Smileys are sometimes vertically misaligned
    - Text is invisible (i.e. uses same color as background) when switching to full page mode for editing or creating comments
    - Text in edit window is barely readable (light gray on white background) when removing focus from the window

Thanks for the feedback! We've tried to fix a few issues today. Do they still happen?
    Zaghoul[Deleted User]
    The comment box doesn't change to a gray on white color palate when removing the focus from it any more, so that's fixed.
    argent77JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
    edited August 2018
    Gaps between paragraphs have returned to normal, smiley positions are fixed and color schemes of the edit window in both modes are fixed as well. Thanks.

The issue regarding missing indentation in code blocks, that I posted earlier is still open though.
    ZaghoulJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Zaghoul said:

The comment box doesn't change to a gray on white color palate when removing the focus from it any more, so that's fixed.

It's better but the comment box does not have any border where previously it has. I think it was better with it.
    Zaghoul[Deleted User]Montresor_SP
    So that's what was off. I did notice that and have to agree after trying it out more overnight.
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Zaghoul
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Smiley positions are still vertically misaligned in the mobile version of the site, although the desktop version is fixed.
    JuliusBorisovTorgrimmerAedan
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @JuliusBorisov Can we have forum signatures?
    JuliusBorisov
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    edited August 2018

argent77 said:

- Gaps between text paragraphs in comments is twice as big as usual

Thanks for the feedback! We've tried to fix a few issues today. Do they still happen?
    I noticed that one issue with spacing remains: If you use a heading, the appropriate gap between the heading and the following paragraph is missing. You can see this in the posts by @argent77 announcing a new NearInfinity version, for example: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/987096/#Comment_987096

When creating a post, the gap looks correct if you click on the "Preview" button, but it's gone after you create the actual post.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    [Deleted User]
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Cannot upload *.zip files - given response:
    { "Code": 0, "Exception": "You are not allowed to upload files in this category.", "Class": "Exception" }
    TorgrimmerGusindalolien