Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge Continues! The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    DM: Meow, meow, meow, meow... ;) (Sings the meow mix song)

Xan, they are definitely infected with something. You can see pus in their mouths.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    For once Edwin seems interested in something as he looks to examine the rats.

"Fool elf, don't touch them! Let a learned eye look upon them."
  • katastrophekatastrophe Member Posts: 404
    "Talona's touch is upon them, as it once touched you perhaps Xan? A good ointment might do you wonders...after this adventure, perhaps you might wish to find yourself at my church?"
    DM Is it also good for armor chafe? ;)
    Looks over the rats for a moment more.

"Interesting.."

Edwin narrows his eyes and smiles in understanding.
    OOC: Starts placing strategically placed shards of glass in everyone's armour.
    :D
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited September 2012
    Xan looks at Tamoko doubtfully. "Alas, I fear all the clerics in Evereska could not repair my natural sickliness."
    He turns to Edwin: "What is interesting, Edwin?"

OOC: What god does Tamoko serve? I assume Xan would know this already since they know each other. I don't remember it being mentioned in the games.
    OOC: I'm going with Loviatar, which fits. I think loviatar served bhaal, and Tamoko served Sarevok blah blah.
    DM: Xan, just call her Lady (with a kitten) with a whip.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    We should stop worrying about rats and worry about who passed here. Any idea Kivan?
    "Ah but Xan, what does not kill you might make for an entertaining evening"

Tamoko's slight smile promises so very, very much.
    Edwin sighs and looks at Xan condescendingly.

"Nothing you will understand or need to know at present elf. If I wish to share my council I shall do so at my own leisure."
    The Western hallway has two doorways almost parallel at about 15'-18' down the corridor, the closest door to the north, the other to the south, and a doorway at the end of the hall at about 22' to the west. To the east, the hallway runs 40' and dead-ends at a wall, and contains two doors to the south, one 10' from you, and one about 30' from you.
    OOC: I feel like using Maise as a scout would make me a very horrible person...hahaha.
    Kivan studies the floor closely for several minutes, getting as close as possible to the wood. "I see two trails. One leads towards the northern hallway, the other towards the western hallway."
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    (late entry) "Take that, evil Hamsters!"
    edited September 2012
    "That which does not kill me is not a category that includes a large number of things..."
    OOC: I'm confused by the geometry here. First, we have a western hallway breaing N/S, then one to the east turning south. Where is the northern hallway?
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    @LadyRhian-- Thief skills! Yes. I dumped 30 points each into Open Locks and Find/Remove Traps, so they're 55 and 40, respectively. Also, if rations and water are unnecessary and backpacks are standard issue, may I please have a short sword in addition to my bow? Just in case something goes horribly wrong and I have to engage in melee?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    mlnevese said:

We should stop worrying about rats and worry about who passed here. Any idea Kivan?

"I see a lot of footprints... They lead from the main entrance to right where we stand. By the gods, they are upon us! Ready your weapons friends, we are set upon by invisible stalkers!"

"No wait, those are our footprints... I have no idea who passed through here then."
    edited September 2012
    "What are the relative strengths of the two trails? Any indication of their numbers? We might as well know what manner of death awaits us..."
    LadyRhian said:

Immediately inside is a 30' by 30' room with a set of stairs leading up to the second floor on the eastern wall. The railing is broken, the stairs themselves look safe to climb. Directly north is a passage leading further back into the house, and there are similar hallways leading east and west (the eastern one under the staircase).

Found it. We have stairs to east and W/E/N passages :D

Yoshimo nudges the deceased rats with the toe of his boot and retrieves his arrows, wiping them clean on a discarded fragment of curtain. "I dislike vermin, especially of the unnatural kind," He declares before peering down the hallways.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    jhart1018 said:

@LadyRhian-- Thief skills! Yes. I dumped 30 points each into Open Locks and Find/Remove Traps, so they're 55 and 40, respectively. Also, if rations and water are unnecessary and backpacks are standard issue, may I please have a short sword in addition to my bow? Just in case something goes horribly wrong and I have to engage in melee?

Don't you have that Katana that only you can use?
    "These footprints are smaller, Angry One," Minsc observed. "They are like Boo's, only bigger. Like Minsc! Perhaps they are from Evil Rats! Right, Boo?"
    @Awong124 Good question. @LadyRhian Do I? :)
    @jhart1018 Swords for EVERYONE!
    edited September 2012
    Tamoko, in her own world once more, is trailing the fingers of her left hand along the stone wall when suddenly she grabs the door on her left and swings it wide open. A mock look of astonishment on her face at her EXTREME DARING.

OOC: That's the door to the west I believe.
    "Well, it is a choice then. Are we to die from the bites of diseased vermin or some unknown, larger foe? I must say I favor the latter, the rats are so...messy..."