Skip to content

Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

1235»

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Just had a Skeletal Mage in Icewind Dale cast Color Spray on me... What the what?
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    CaptRory said:

Plus you don't know what could have happened past "normal" mutilation. He could've been poisoned, cursed, alchemically tainted, had things implanted into his body... Irenicus is a Bad Guy.

Which reminds me, anyone else wish there as a Wood Chipper spell to keep enemies from being easily ressurected?

There is, it's called Steel Axe Repeatedly Applied to Corpse, and you can buy it from your average smith :P

• DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Scriver

Dangerously Chunky
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Chunky Salsa- that's what they call the remains afterwards...
    Why does Hrothgar think I'm his bitch, just because I agreed to go on his expedition?

First he says to help him find his caravan, *even* if I say farewell. Then he doesn't even ask me to take a list 3 doors down to Pomab, he tells me to. Why can't he do it his damn self? Takes 5 seconds. I'm glad the dude died in the avalanche. That's what he gets for being lazy.
    So... is the strange hermit after the Avalanche supposed to be the main bad dude from the game? Or one of his minions? Or what? He disappears in a flash of light if you try to attack him. And he vanishes if you walk away and then come back. I assume based on that and his journal entry detailing how odd he is, he's a bad dude?
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    When helping Nalia out in the De'Arnise Keep, sometimes she'll say the "dungeon" line: "I really don't like this. How are we helping the less fortunate by trudging around in here." I guess we can go, if you really like... She also will say it in the Slaver's compound.

Noober is really easy to kill... how did he survive getting hit by 5 +2 bullets?
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    I am surprised that this hasn't been mentioned yet, but why the hell does Drizzt, a high-level ranger, need the help of a bunch of level 2 adventurers to take out a small group of gnolls?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    He's gauging whether you're friend or foe.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Okay, I know my dear party mates aren't necessarily the most observant and all, but how come none of them seem to notice they've put on a belt of gender changing?
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297

I am surprised that this hasn't been mentioned yet, but why the hell does Drizzt, a high-level ranger, need the help of a bunch of level 2 adventurers to take out a small group of gnolls?

Indeed. And in my present playthrough my party happened to come upon the gnolls from a 'non-Drizzt' angle. We took them all out, and then mr D walks up and ask for assistance. An awkward moment ensued.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    swnmcmlxi said:

Indeed. And in my present playthrough my party happened to come upon the gnolls from a 'non-Drizzt' angle. We took them all out, and then mr D walks up and ask for assistance. An awkward moment ensued.
    Drizzt is such a shoehorned in douche. I never held much spite towards him or his companions in both games ... until I read about as many R.A Salvatore novels I could physically manage without dying from pure boredom ... Drizzt gets the boot in every game I play now.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    When I first met Drizzt I had no idea who he was. To be honest I thought he was a bit of a dick. Mind you I thought the same about Elminster.
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226

SPOILERS AHEAD

BG1: The intro movie shows Sarevok offing some poor schmuck Bhaalspawn. He delivers the line "I will be the last; and you will go first..." OK, so his motive is killing off all the other Bhaalspawn. That's why he ambushed you coming out of Candlekeep and killed Gorion. And after you ran away he just... shrugged his shoulders and tried to take over the region using the Iron Throne? He wanted CHARNAME dead badly enough to travel to Candlekeep, but not enough to chase after you when you ran? And why did he bother with the whole Iron Throne thing anyway? If he was intent on killing off the other Children, wouldn't that be a giant waste of his time and draw attention from random good-aligned adventurers?

I think he thought that CHARNAME would be easy pickings as long as Gorion was done for. No need to chase him, just send some assassins after you instead and focus on the plan.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Either alcohol is insanely expensive or gold is practically worthless in BG. IRL even a small gold coin, such as a half-sovereign, is worth about £130/$200+ yet you need multiple gold coins to buy booze in Baldur's Gate, even just for beer.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Ken said:

I think he thought that CHARNAME would be easy pickings as long as Gorion was done for. No need to chase him, just send some assassins after you instead and focus on the plan.

Considering how many Charnames get murdered by wolves while in that same screen, it's really not unlikely that Sarevok figured his job was done.

Of course, he didn't know that this was the magical time-travelling Bhaalspawn using the Quicksave artifact.
  • srvksrvk Member Posts: 65
    edited November 2012
    He may have searched for the PC but could not locate him in the wilderness. He figured out that the PC could not return to Candlekeep without a book of great value and that his next stop would be in the towns of Friendly arm Inn, Beregost or Naskhel. He sent assasins to the places where the PC would likely rest in the three mentioned towns. Makes perfect sense.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

@Anduine What irked me about the magic ban is that if you use magic in town (usually it's me casting knock on a locked door because I can't pick it) you get a warning the first time. Why did they have to bust poor Imoen right away? All she did was cast magic missile at Irenicus, who had already killed several people with his magic in plain sight at that point. She should have said she was trying to make a citizen's arrest or something...

(Yes, I know it's integral to the plot... leave me alone) ;P

@kilroy_was_here - I kind of thought that this was the same reason that they didn't gag him...they were scared of him and just wanted him to stop killing them and give up.

"Why is this man not gagged, did he not slay four of your?"

"We dared not approach."

I think if Irenicus would have agreed to come quietly if they took in Minsc they would have labeled him a magical deviant and brought him right along as well.
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265

When I first met Drizzt I had no idea who he was. To be honest I thought he was a bit of a dick. Mind you I thought the same about Elminster.

I still think they are. Keep your unsolicited advice to yourself, people. :/
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Sarevok didn't chase after you because he was wounded from the fight.. you see how many magic missles he ate???!! And Shank and Carbos aren't assassins... they're bounty hunters. Just like every other assassin you meet... nobody really sent them, they just heard about the bounty on your head.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    AHF said:

@Anduine What irked me about the magic ban is that if you use magic in town (usually it's me casting knock on a locked door because I can't pick it) you get a warning the first time. Why did they have to bust poor Imoen right away? All she did was cast magic missile at Irenicus, who had already killed several people with his magic in plain sight at that point. She should have said she was trying to make a citizen's arrest or something...

(Yes, I know it's integral to the plot... leave me alone) ;P

@kilroy_was_here - I kind of thought that this was the same reason that they didn't gag him...they were scared of him and just wanted him to stop killing them and give up.

"Why is this man not gagged, did he not slay four of your?"

"We dared not approach."

I think if Irenicus would have agreed to come quietly if they took in Minsc they would have labeled him a magical deviant and brought him right along as well.

Considering Minsc probably casts magic through the intervention of a space hamster they would be right to label him a magical deviant. :)
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Jalily said:

That's pretty funny. I actually tried naming my characters after Imoen, etc. in hopes of finding some Easter egg reactions, but no dice. Dialogues got really confusing, though.

In BG2, try calling your main character "Drizzt" and make sure you have a poor or average reputation at the start of Chapter 6.

If your reputation is less than 12 when you run into Drizzt & Co, Drizzt will accuse you of ruining his name and attack you.