Skip to content

Pillars of Eternity (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    And the number of fixes is huge. Indeed huge. All the critical bug fixes are there.

So it took only a week (the game was released 7 days ago) to fix 90% of major problems. It's an excellent news. Now the majority of people will be able to play PoE fluently on the weekend.
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    I have to get a new computer, before it will be fluently... Loading times are just "killing" me... Arrgh
    Was hoping for more graphic options... Maybe next patch?
    bengoshi said:

And the number of fixes is huge. Indeed huge. All the critical bug fixes are there.

So it took only a week (the game was released 7 days ago) to fix 90% of major problems. It's an excellent news. Now the majority of people will be able to play PoE fluently on the weekend.

So i was wrong. Even though I haven't experienced it, there was a game-breaking bug... But they already fixed it. Awesome.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Cluas said:

I have to get a new computer, before it will be fluently... Loading times are just "killing" me... Arrgh

This patch will adress this issue.

Fixed save game issues with spells and abilities that place down traps.

By the way, they're continuing to nerf somewhat "too easy" options, just as they did with a beat. This time it is:

Arbalest damage has been lowered.

Slicken spell is now a single hit AoE.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    bengoshi said:

But you know that someone, somewhere down the line, will claim that PoE was a total mess at launch. Just sayin, you know someone will. :wink:
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited April 2015
    We had some of this kind of behavior here back when BGEE was released. The main difference was that the people in the forum didn't feed the trolls and they left. Just read the original Steam thread for instance...
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    mlnevese said:

We had some of this kind of behavior here back when BGEE was released. The main difference was that the people in the forum didn't feed the trolls and they left. Just read the original Steam thread for instance...

true. I remember being a little intimidated to post in some of the threads when I first joined here. It seems like almost without exception people are at least respectful of each other now, thanks in large part to the moderators and @Dee
    But enough derailing the thead...
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited April 2015
    v1.0.3.0524 was released on Steam a few hours ago.
    No problem with my old saved games so far :smile:

Edit : this is v1.0.3.0526 now (April 4)
    Post edited by Musigny on
    Downloading now :)
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    I've heard reports of the patch breaking the mechanics skill (i.e. locks can't be opened), so I wouldn't rush it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    iKrivetko said:

I've heard reports of the patch breaking the mechanics skill (i.e. locks can't be opened), so I wouldn't rush it.

This. However, the Devs have already released a hotfix for this issue, on the same day! Color me impressed.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Yeah. I just finished installing the main patch when Steam started another download.
    I may be imagining it but the game seems to run a little smoother in general now.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    I haven't been reading much of the Pillars forums, and I haven't seen mention of it on the KS updates...
    But does anyone know how future patches will be released for people with the physical copy?

• DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173

I haven't been reading much of the Pillars forums, and I haven't seen mention of it on the KS updates...
    But does anyone know how future patches will be released for people with the physical copy?

@TheCoffeeGod: They're working on a stand alone patch installer, they suggested it would be ready in a few weeks.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Still no Mac version of the patch :\
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    Danathion said:

@TheCoffeeGod: They're working on a stand alone patch installer, they suggested it would be ready in a few weeks.

Thanks!
    I'm still waiting for my disc, so it isn't too important at the moment, but I was curious about the future and keeping it updated.
    Does anyone else find 15 attribute points at character creation inadequate? It may just be a touch of ocd but I keep restarting because I feel like my character's stats are awful. I'm one of those people who rolls until I get 90+, which is probably part of the problem too.

I asked in one of their mod threads if it would be possible to mod it to 20, but people over there are generally pretty unhelpful. Does any of our modders know if it would be possible? :)
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    The only way I know of doing this is to use the console, but I'm sure someone will end up creating some sort of EternityKeeper eventually.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    jackjack said:

The only way I know of doing this is to use the console, but I'm sure someone will end up creating some sort of EternityKeeper eventually.

If the character data is not encrypted...

What I really miss in this game is a character storage feature. I'd like to generate a character and have it stored for a future playthrough or even have it available to be hired as a mercenary in the game.
    edited April 2015
    jackjack said:

I saw that some work had been done on a save game editor during the beta phase, but progress seems to have stalled. Hopefully someone will pick it up again now that the game's released.

Edit:
    mlnevese said:

I'd like to generate a character and have it stored for a future playthrough or even have it available to be hired as a mercenary in the game.

That is a great idea!
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited April 2015
    I like everything about this game EXCEPT class design choices.

The archetypical "holy warriors" like paladins and warpriests/clerics are like marshal/warlord mixes for the first, and casters with minimal endurance for the second.

Yeah, it's great, but i don't know what to play. Nothing i can enjoy for real, except an unconventional priest of Berath with 2 maces and hoping i kill everything before they look at me.

I hope we see a 5th edition D&D game sometime soon on PC.

Beamdog, you here? :p #BG3
    Patch 1.04 planned for week of April 6 (this week)!

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71830-pillars-of-eternity-support-faq/

I appreciate a lot their decision to fix as much as possible in the shortest time!