Skip to content

[Quotes] More intruders have entered the complex, Master.

Comments

• WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    ah, so that is why i thought the copper coronet, because that is where you get liarcor, @Winthal you beat me on that one ;) but i proballly played through bg 1 at least 300-500 times i would say, proverbially i use to make mad sweet love to that game everyday ever since 1999, SoA on the other hand probally only played through it a couple hundred times, and throne of bhaal, 90% of the time i would just get to the last fight get bored and start over,( I think i only beat throne of bhaal like 10 times or so)
    haha seriously :D I thought I held the world record in BG play throughs... I've probably started more characters than I care to know over the years though, but stopped playing halfway thru... would be fun to see the actual stats on completed playthroughs and hours amassed.... (or not! depending on your point of view!)

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    yeah i agree, the amount of characters i have made is insane, i've probally imported at least 500 or so into shadows of amn ( but at least 66% of those are just multiplayer game characters that i played by myself) but i have also done the same where i would get about half way through and then just start a new game because i want to change one thing different then i was previously, but now i try and be more consistant and get that game all the way to sarevok's temple, i must have at least 30 or so saves at the moment where 25 of them are at the temple, and my shadows of amn one is about the same ( and thats after deleting some :) )
    Mystery quote time!: "Alright boys, it's time to take out the trash!"
    i bet its one of those bounty hunter type groups that say that, that be a good one @Winthal
    Clue #1: "No one stands between the Maulers and their ale!!"
    its not that band of chaps in the helm and cloak in is it? ( the bad group that comes in after you talk to buddy buddy, and then dude comes in and says; crush your face i will, make you dead and done)
    Hehe that's the one, man.. the infamous "Maulers of the Undermountain" led by Gretek. The other party is Gorpel Hind and the merry fools... don't know all of their names actually but this is like, my favorite encounter in the game I think :P Along with the one outside Cloakwood mines:

Drasus: "Draw your daggers and spells and let's have at 'er! You've crossed our employers and this is as far as you're going to go, my friend. Should've known that lazy bounty hunting rabble wouldn't get the job done. Never settle for second best, I always say!"

Protagonist: "You want to know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one," that's what I always say."

Drasus: "HAW! A good saying! I will use your head for a puppet and make it say it over and over while we drink large amounts of mead! Life is pretty good, you know?"

:P

@Winthal haw! i always say that one to those guys at the cloakwood base :), did you know that in the helm and cloak inn, you can talk to buddy buddy over and over again before gretek reaches your guy? i talk to him 10 times in a row so i have 10 groups of gretek baddies, ( that be 10 battle axes +2) its kind of a bug, but its a good bug that gives good xp and I-tams :)
    hahaha wow... make a bug report of that maybe? :P
    naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, its easily avoidable, plus i love fighting against 60 npcs at once, its kinda fun :)
    arrows of detonation comes to mind :D or maybe a few stinking clouds + webs and cloud kills
    arrows of detonation, never even thought of that, wowzer jam, all these years and never came to mind, i just usually have a couple mages with wands of fireballs and fireball memorized and just huck fireballs all silly like and summon loads of skeletons so they cant reach my par-tay, but web and stinking cloud is also a good one, man i have to start being more tactical :)
    edited June 2012
    :) I would recommend trying a "hardcore" playthrough where you don't reload if you die, its just game over. it will definitely make you more cautious and tactical, and perhaps make you do different things than you've done for the past 100 playthroughs :P

I intend to play BG:EE this way from the getgo...
    im not sure i like the no reload idea, i usually play where i dont let any of my team mates die, it gets relatively easier in bg 1, but in ToB its more difficult to win battles without having team mates bite dust ( well at least it used to be very difficult, only a few baddies will make reload the game) but yeah, im too lazy to do a no reload, all the thinking and such ;)
    for me, that was the whole point, to do something that changed the way I played the game... it's easy to get stuck in habits, and BG is no exception. when you've played it so many times, you tend to keep playing it the same way because it's the most efficient/painless way of getting through it. Playing hardcore makes me care more about each fight, instead of being lazy and putting everyone on "Guard mode" and just watch them hack things on their own. I use potions, wands and spells that I never touched before in the hard fights. I highly recommend trying at least once ;)

Once, half my party was killed and I couldn't defeat the opponents without them, and I couldn't reach their bodies with their gear - so in the end i had to leave the map to go and resurrect them, but on the way to the temple I got waylaid by bandits with longbows, which killed everyone except my main character. He reached the temple alone with 5 bodies :P everyone's gear was lost, but I kept playing anyway since that was the point... challenging, and fun, and you get punished for your mistakes severely :D
    i shuppose mayhaps one of these days i will give 'er a try
  • GrungeChlapecGrungeChlapec Member Posts: 12
    and this ? :)

"My brother is a cleaver +15, haha" :)
    Lilarcor again ;)

"You know, my last owner always said that I was 'sharp' and 'edgy'... he was such an ass!"
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    @Winthal haw! i always say that one to those guys at the cloakwood base :), did you know that in the helm and cloak inn, you can talk to buddy buddy over and over again before gretek reaches your guy? i talk to him 10 times in a row so i have 10 groups of gretek baddies, ( that be 10 battle axes +2) its kind of a bug, but its a good bug that gives good xp and I-tams :)
    Ooooooooooh, I thought I was the only one who noted this one. Careful with the poor innocents in the masses though. Reputation can take some serious blows from a misguided fireball.

• RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    Elminster this, Elminster that. Give ME 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse!
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Elminster this, Elminster that. Give ME 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse!
    Classic. This is another one of those sayings that randomly pop up and afterward get you rolling on the floor laughing.

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited June 2012
    "I wile away the hours, conferring with the flowers, consulting with the rain."

Funnier still to think of the rest of the lyrics:
    "And my head I'd be scratching While my thoughts were busy hatching If I only had a brain"
    @GrungeChlapec i thought he said; my brother is a +12 hackmaster haha ?
  • ShrimpShrimp Member Posts: 142
    OK, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!
    OK, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!
    PROTAGONIST looses his cool while speaking to Portalbendarwinden :)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited June 2012
    "You dare to face me? Do you even know who i am? You will suffer!! You will all suffer!!!"

"We are a group of rapaging tarrasques!! Yirc Yirc!!"

All the edwin wisper talks are fun too.

• RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    edited June 2012
    @kamuizin Irenicus, when we/cowled wizards first attack him :) easy

The second is not so easy
    @Kamuizin, i thought you say Krie Krie no? and i love that line from irenicus :)
    @Razor it's the protagonist trolling a flaming fist soldier in one of the wilderness areas to the south/east I believe :D there's so many silly lines in this game, I love the awkward sense of humor :P
    i love when you cross the bridge and you can troll that flaming fist soldier as well and tell him you come from the land of naked nymphs and such, and then he just gets all puffy and says he doesnt like your sarcasm, what happens if it wasnt sarcasm, and in reality land you actually were raised by naked nymphs? rumor has it that people were raised by wolves, why not naked nymphs? silly flaming fist, i cant count the amount of times i gave them 50 push ups :)