Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

All you wanted to know about the next Beamdog's project

1737475767779»

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,455
    lefreut wrote: »
    Raduziel wrote: »
    TotSC is bad. The Ice Island plot looks like something coming from a lazy DM "yeah... So he teleports you guys and there is this maze with some wizards and... Oh yeah, you need to get a cloak. Let's do it because my girlfriend wants to watch a movie". But it adds Durlag's Tower and I'm a dungeon crawler. The Werewolf Island is kind of cool - to get in touch with the past is BG's founder is something to cherish.

I wouldn't called it bad as you said yourself that you like 2/3 of it :)

I like punk rock. Doesn't make it good music, though.

rapsam2003
  • typo_tillytypo_tilly Member Posts: 5,653
    edited June 9
    rapsam2003 wrote: »
    typo_tilly wrote: »
    Defeating Irenicus gives almost as much story closure -- as in I could imagine charname living their life presented in the epilogue endings immediately after dealing with Irenicus -- with ToB only adding the ascend or not ascend decision in its endgame.
    I mean, it doesn't though. The saga isn't ended until "Ascend or Not Ascend". It's a massive plothole.

Now, is ToB "good"? No, it's not. It's boring and feels rushed. But it does complete the story. That has been my only point about ToB.
    I agree that it completes the story. And I'll leave the conversation there. We've both said our piece. :)

rapsam2003
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,319
    The last person who tried to argue with me about this bug didn't even have SoD installed. The bug is there. SoD *does* change the way this character spawns. He's the guy who asks you to help him and then turns into a werewolf. He's supposed to be a regular werewolf, but he spawns as a greater wolfwere with SoD installed, unless Beamdog finally found it and fixed it in one of the patches.

There were no mods in my game when the bug occurred.

I'm not going to argue with people about it. I know it's there, and I won't go to Werewolf Island any more with SoD installed.

Sjerriebyrne20Dapifer
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,899
    The last person who tried to argue with me about this bug didn't even have SoD installed. The bug is there. SoD *does* change the way this character spawns. He's the guy who asks you to help him and then turns into a werewolf. He's supposed to be a regular werewolf, but he spawns as a greater wolfwere with SoD installed, unless Beamdog finally found it and fixed it in one of the patches.

There were no mods in my game when the bug occurred.

I'm not going to argue with people about it. I know it's there, and I won't go to Werewolf Island any more with SoD installed.

Alright so there was an issue a few years back related to it. Scripts from BG2 were used in SoD and they happened to be also used by Palin. As long as you are playing 2.3 SoD or later (or aren't reloading a save where he is already spawned) this has been fixed.

JuliusBorisovbyrne20
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 9,035
    @BelgarathMTH I HAVE SoD installed and can say with 100% certainy that this does not occur for me.

StummvonBordwehr
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 313
    rapsam2003 wrote: »
    1varangian wrote: »
    NWN2:EE would overlap way too much with NWN:EE.

What we need is either Beamdog making NWN3 for 5e, or
    Do you really think, if Beamdog didn't get to develop BG3, they'll be granted Neverwinter Nights 3? No thanks, give that to Obsidian. We KNOW Obsidian can develop original games, as they've churned out a few gems in recent years.
    NWN: EE getting beefy expansions that will transform it into a modern looking (3.5e) game.
    Uwotm8?

The community already made up for the gaps between 3rd Edition and 3.5, with a plethora of mods. Unless you're making some silly comment about graphics, I don't know what you mean. Also, absolutely no one in the NWN EE community, as a whole, will bother with a NWN EE expansion. They might buy it, but they're be more annoyed than anything, because they'd have to update their multiplayer servers.

You're right, sunshine. They should just stop all development because updating multiplayer servers is so tedious. Silly me. =)

• rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,623
    edited June 17
    You're right, sunshine. They should just stop all development because updating multiplayer servers is so tedious. Silly me. =)
    What did their development really add? Only 1 thing of note: better ease of use options for the toolset (and that's still in beta atm). Which is AFTER they broke the favorites tab and the history tab in the Multiplayer Menu, after they introduced several new bugs in an attempt to fix bugs that the community had fixed years ago - and very little of these new bugs Beamdog has been fixed. Then, we got a few more modules that weren't really that interesting. Hooray!

So worth it...

The NWN community would probably rebel if they released a new expansion before fixing ALL of the bugs Beamdog introduced into the NWN systems.

Post edited by rapsam2003 on
    Raduziellefreut