Skip to content

All you wanted to know about the next Beamdog's project

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    lefreut wrote: »
    Raduziel wrote: »
    TotSC is bad. The Ice Island plot looks like something coming from a lazy DM "yeah... So he teleports you guys and there is this maze with some wizards and... Oh yeah, you need to get a cloak. Let's do it because my girlfriend wants to watch a movie". But it adds Durlag's Tower and I'm a dungeon crawler. The Werewolf Island is kind of cool - to get in touch with the past is BG's founder is something to cherish.

I wouldn't called it bad as you said yourself that you like 2/3 of it :)

I like punk rock. Doesn't make it good music, though.
    rapsam2003CrevsDaakQuartz
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    rapsam2003Quartz
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    The last person who tried to argue with me about this bug didn't even have SoD installed. The bug is there. SoD *does* change the way this character spawns. He's the guy who asks you to help him and then turns into a werewolf. He's supposed to be a regular werewolf, but he spawns as a greater wolfwere with SoD installed, unless Beamdog finally found it and fixed it in one of the patches.

There were no mods in my game when the bug occurred.

I'm not going to argue with people about it. I know it's there, and I won't go to Werewolf Island any more with SoD installed.
    Sjerriebyrne20Dapifer
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    The last person who tried to argue with me about this bug didn't even have SoD installed. The bug is there. SoD *does* change the way this character spawns. He's the guy who asks you to help him and then turns into a werewolf. He's supposed to be a regular werewolf, but he spawns as a greater wolfwere with SoD installed, unless Beamdog finally found it and fixed it in one of the patches.

There were no mods in my game when the bug occurred.

I'm not going to argue with people about it. I know it's there, and I won't go to Werewolf Island any more with SoD installed.

Alright so there was an issue a few years back related to it. Scripts from BG2 were used in SoD and they happened to be also used by Palin. As long as you are playing 2.3 SoD or later (or aren't reloading a save where he is already spawned) this has been fixed.
    JuliusBorisovbyrne20lolienRedRodent
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @BelgarathMTH I HAVE SoD installed and can say with 100% certainy that this does not occur for me.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    rapsam2003 wrote: »
    1varangian wrote: »
    NWN2:EE would overlap way too much with NWN:EE.

What we need is either Beamdog making NWN3 for 5e, or
    Do you really think, if Beamdog didn't get to develop BG3, they'll be granted Neverwinter Nights 3? No thanks, give that to Obsidian. We KNOW Obsidian can develop original games, as they've churned out a few gems in recent years.
    NWN: EE getting beefy expansions that will transform it into a modern looking (3.5e) game.
    Uwotm8?

The community already made up for the gaps between 3rd Edition and 3.5, with a plethora of mods. Unless you're making some silly comment about graphics, I don't know what you mean. Also, absolutely no one in the NWN EE community, as a whole, will bother with a NWN EE expansion. They might buy it, but they're be more annoyed than anything, because they'd have to update their multiplayer servers.

You're right, sunshine. They should just stop all development because updating multiplayer servers is so tedious. Silly me. =)
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited June 2019
    You're right, sunshine. They should just stop all development because updating multiplayer servers is so tedious. Silly me. =)
    What did their development really add? Only 1 thing of note: better ease of use options for the toolset (and that's still in beta atm). Which is AFTER they broke the favorites tab and the history tab in the Multiplayer Menu, after they introduced several new bugs in an attempt to fix bugs that the community had fixed years ago - and very little of these new bugs Beamdog has been fixed. Then, we got a few more modules that weren't really that interesting. Hooray!

So worth it...

The NWN community would probably rebel if they released a new expansion before fixing ALL of the bugs Beamdog introduced into the NWN systems.

Post edited by rapsam2003 on
    Raduziellefreut
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I actually enjoy WW2 settings for war stuff, because it was 'advanced', but still very gritty, without the revolting battlefield conditions of WW1, where you'd spend months wallowing in mud on the front, dying hy the millions for a mile.

WW2 was kinda the tail end of dog fighting air craft, as later tech makes this impractical, while big guns on ships saw their last major use, and tanks really mattered. Now, tanks and battleships are just big targets, and the best tactics are often very 'SWAT'. The racism stuff was ghastly though, and WW2 is more than a little depressing to study.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    DreadKhan wrote: »
    I actually enjoy WW2 settings for war stuff, because it was 'advanced', but still very gritty, without the revolting battlefield conditions of WW1, where you'd spend months wallowing in mud on the front, dying hy the millions for a mile.

WW2 was kinda the tail end of dog fighting air craft, as later tech makes this impractical, while big guns on ships saw their last major use, and tanks really mattered. Now, tanks and battleships are just big targets, and the best tactics are often very 'SWAT'. The racism stuff was ghastly though, and WW2 is more than a little depressing to study.

There were some pretty serious dog fights in Korea and Vietnam, and I think one of the Arab-Israeli wars.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Anything based on the real world has a tendency to disturb someone for some reason. Some people think the way Civilization treats religion is quite disrespectful, for instance.
    semiticgoddessQuartz
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I probalby would have less of a problem with A&A if it were of the contemporary fantasy genre. Maybe kind of like Valkyria Chronicles, but set a couple of years in the future. And having more races than humans in it. But even then military fiction is just not my kind of jam.

Now, if Beamdog did a WARHAMMER cRPG on the other hand... with... playable nurglings, for instance? GIMME NAO!
    lefreutmlneveseThacoBellVallmyr
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited August 2019
    I'm actually kinda excited about Axis & Allies myself. I'd love if Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast did something with the old Avalon Hill games. A computer version of Advanced Squad Leader, Struggle of Nations, Advanced 3rd Reich or War & Peace for the computer would likely make me quit my job and become a hermit...
    mlnevesekanisatha
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    David has shared a bit about that cancelled game:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/493368209?t=38m32s

Trent also mentioned it:

Later in the video Trent explains a bit what the next project will be.

@JuliusBorisov, could you please give a rough timepoint at which Trent talks about the next project? I couldn't find it.

Also, because the Twitch video does not have CC, could you please give a quick summary of what David says about the canceled game? Thanks!
  • EddsterEddster Member Posts: 14
    Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with next, I’ve been a big fan of your work. Personally I’d love to see what you can do with your own IP in terms of a RPG. Failing that, an isometric RPG in another setting that hasn’t been explored as a rp yet (for example, an isometric RPG set in the Walking Dead universe would be epic if you ever got the permission to do so).

Either way I’m pretty sure whatever you do will be excellent.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Look up Dead State if you want a zombie RPG. It's a great game, made by two old Obsidian developers and the Iron Tower (makers of Age of Decadence) crew.
    RaduzielEddsterShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • EddsterEddster Member Posts: 14
    Aye, I’ve got Dead State and it is pretty epic if brutal. Age of Decadence is pretty awesome too.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMagescriver
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Eddster wrote: »
    Aye, I’ve got Dead State and it is pretty epic if brutal. Age of Decadence is pretty awesome too.

The potshot at Superman in the tutorial was uncalled for though.
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    edited December 2019
    Looking forward to Black Pits 3 being a 1v1 Forgotten Realms fighting game to rival Soulcalibur and Tekken.

Edit* Just to make clear this is not a sarcastic post. I would love this lol
    Post edited by spacejaws on
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Baldur's Gate: Mortal Kombat Edition confirmed! :)
    spacejaws
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Why Unreal, of all things...? *sigh*
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Why Unreal, of all things...? *sigh*
    Because Beamdog will go broke if they continue to use game engines that lack modern software tools.
    mlneveseQuartz